We can rebuild it. 91 Golf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by renngolf View Post

99% sure ill be changing the colour...again haha suggestions always welcome.
    White! subtle...
    e46 M3 CSL Racecar build thread

Comment

• words cannot describe how much win is in this thread. best build ive ever seen. finish it!

Comment

• Just like all of the above I really appreciate the level of details you're sharing and glad to see the project is still underway.
        I was wondering how you managed to get some of the rusted pieces re-created?
        Like in this repair:

to this:

How are you reshapping the missing piece? How do you choose the metal? Just interested in the fab work

Your build kinda reminded me of this build rebuild from thai - If you have a few hours to read through the pieces he rebuilt are insane:
        http://vwrides.com/viewtopic.php?t=4...er=asc&start=0

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Comment

• I love builds like these. Excellent work, my friend.

Comment

• This is awesome man, keep it up!

Sub'd!

Comment

• Forgot about this build. Subscribed so I don't again.

I like em dropped.

Comment

• in for more Neustadt 10W30.

Amazing work man. Really inspirational.
                God bless this mess

Comment

• wow! i just checked out this whole build. u have some awesome metal skills man, i hope someday ill be able to do the same. looking forward to seeing it done

Comment

• Super work!. Keep it up. The golf will look AMAZING!! when its done ;D cant wait for future updates

www.StreetConcepts.co.uk
                    Modified & Perforamnce Cars

Comment

• Originally posted by chriscolt View Post
                      Just joined the forum and yours was the first thread i looked at... Your work is inspiration on a whole nother level!!
                      My car is farely new so hopefully wont need this treatment for a while yet, but the time and effort you put into this build has paid off big time is a credit to yourself. :-)
                      Got another project planned?
                      Thanks man, Yeah any time you spend not fixing rust is a good one imo.
                      If there is another project after this I hope it will be something better than a golf and rwd, E30 325, 240sx coupe, ae86, mk2 supra etc.

Originally posted by P78 View Post
                      nevada beige ftmfw
                      You're loving that colour

Originally posted by A1 BausSauce View Post
                      Nice work man, cant wait to see this thing finished.
                      You and me both, thanks

Originally posted by mshriver View Post
                      Just read through the whole thread. Amazing work man! Keep it up! Subscribed

Originally posted by cagey View Post
                      White! subtle...
                      I was thinking white myself

Originally posted by justaneffer View Post
                      words cannot describe how much win is in this thread. best build ive ever seen. finish it!
                      Thanks dude, will definitely get some updates as soon as it warms up.

Originally posted by TeckniX View Post
                      Just like all of the above I really appreciate the level of details you're sharing and glad to see the project is still underway.
                      I was wondering how you managed to get some of the rusted pieces re-created?

How are you reshapping the missing piece? How do you choose the metal? Just interested in the fab work

Your build kinda reminded me of this build rebuild from thai - If you have a few hours to read through the pieces he rebuilt are insane:
                      http://vwrides.com/viewtopic.php?t=4...er=asc&start=0
                      Thanks for the link. I just skimmed through the first page and I can tell it`s gonna be good. Love seeing builds like that as well

As for the metal, its just 22g sheets I buy, I found it was pretty close to the sheetmetal on the golf. Honestly all ive used were a grinder, a bench vice, hammers, couple vice grips. I don`t have the room in there for any metal working tools but they would definitely make life easier.

Originally posted by Minuki View Post
                      I love builds like these. Excellent work, my friend.
                      Originally posted by RayBoogs View Post
                      This is awesome man, keep it up!

Sub'd!
                      Originally posted by Dave_The_BMXER View Post
                      Forgot about this build. Subscribed so I don't again.
                      Originally posted by sawatsky View Post
                      in for more Neustadt 10W30.

Amazing work man. Really inspirational.
                      Originally posted by stihlayota View Post
                      wow! i just checked out this whole build. u have some awesome metal skills man, i hope someday ill be able to do the same. looking forward to seeing it done
                      Originally posted by Brad Gill View Post
                      Super work!. Keep it up. The golf will look AMAZING!! when its done ;D cant wait for future updates
                      Thanks guys glad you all liked the build so far. I can`t wait to start it up this spring again if I get some time off. Good luck on all your projects in the meantime The next time I post something in here it will be an update for sure.
                      91 Golf Rebuild - slow as fuck right now

Comment

• awesome build!

Comment

• amazing work and skills... that was fucking rusty!!
                          sigpic

Comment

• That is a ton of work - nice progress

Comment

• Haven't updated this in ages.
                              Finally got a day off to put in some time on the golf. Not much but it got the ball rolling again.

Hope to have more updates soon with the brakes done and the rear beam back on and the car on the ground. Thanks for looking all.
                              Last edited by renngolf; 09-20-2012, 04:26 PM.
                              91 Golf Rebuild - slow as fuck right now

Comment

• Bay looks tasty
                                Strictly Pleasure/Zero Clearance/Stretch Your Legs
                                Alex

Comment

Working...
                                X