No announcement yet.

We can rebuild it. 91 Golf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• loved reading this thread, and it almost looks like sepang brown, if it was a little more metallic, good job so far!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bystrov View Post
      as some one who does body work for a living, im impressed with the lack of corner cutting.. everything was done correctly.. Very good job man! Not that your seeking my or any one else's approval..
      Thanks Bystrov. It's good to have some re-assurance that I'm doing something right haha.

Originally posted by A.Rst View Post
      Wow!! Nice work dude! But, the color should be red
      Originally posted by 89is View Post
      loved reading this thread, and it almost looks like sepang brown, if it was a little more metallic, good job so far!
      Thanks guys, appreciate it. Unfortunately with the lack of money currently I just can't sink it into the project. I haven't touched it in at least a month. It's currently in that shit half-stage of bodywork. Hope to turn it around soon and pick up where I left from. Thanks again all.
      91 Golf Rebuild - slow as fuck right now

Comment

• God damn man!

Where abouts in Ontario are you? I noticed you mention Waterloo, Im in Stratford, maybe 30 minutes away. Shoot me a message Id love to come see the car.

Originally posted by Kielan
        Well dip me in shit and roll me in breadcrumbs...

Comment

• read all 7 pages of this build. almost surreal that you are no more then 15 minutes from my house. honestly, the work your doing is insane, wish i had these skills/time/money. keep it up man!!!!!

Comment

• subbed btw!

Comment

• OP, most of us here are ppl who like to take smth old and have our way with it, make it look and perform better than when it rolled off the factory. Rarely do we have enough time, resources and inspiration to do it right. This build is an inspiring example of saving something that otherwise would rot and disintegrate. Thank you.
              If I were you, since you're rebuilding the body why not add some structural reinforcement to the body so it's more solid and there's less play?
              Who needs stance, give me comfort and handling.

Comment

• dude you are my hero! i dream of one day being able to do half of the shit you do it's amazing

Comment

• any (piktor)updates
                  Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• this is brilliant

love the brown decision, would look the tits with the oem red pinstriping on the trim

Comment

• if my car ever needs a rebuild im shipping it to you!

wow
                      e46 M3 CSL Racecar build thread

Comment

• Originally posted by fresh.gen View Post
                        read all 7 pages of this build. almost surreal that you are no more then 15 minutes from my house. honestly, the work your doing is insane, wish i had these skills/time/money. keep it up man!!!!!
                        Thanks man where abouts are you?

Originally posted by DoWant View Post
                        OP, most of us here are ppl who like to take smth old and have our way with it, make it look and perform better than when it rolled off the factory. Rarely do we have enough time, resources and inspiration to do it right. This build is an inspiring example of saving something that otherwise would rot and disintegrate. Thank you.
                        If I were you, since you're rebuilding the body why not add some structural reinforcement to the body so it's more solid and there's less play?
                        It crossed my mind, other than stitching some welds so far I haven't thought about it much but like always its not in stone yet. I had some plans to fab up an X-brace for the back using the stock rear seat belt and rear bumper bolt locations so you can swap it in and out. We'll see what happens

Originally posted by PaxtonSaxton View Post
                        dude you are my hero! i dream of one day being able to do half of the shit you do it's amazing
                        Originally posted by P78 View Post
                        any (piktor)updates
                        Originally posted by softg View Post
                        this is brilliant

love the brown decision, would look the tits with the oem red pinstriping on the trim
                        Originally posted by cagey View Post
                        if my car ever needs a rebuild im shipping it to you!

wow
                        Once again thanks everyone for the positive feedback, I was pretty sure everyone forgot about this build. I almost did . Having to move away for work back in September i'm never around to work on it and when I am I don't feel like working on it. Once this winter is over I plan to start plugging away at it and posting some fresh updates and pics.

99% sure ill be changing the colour...again haha suggestions always welcome.
                        91 Golf Rebuild - slow as fuck right now

Comment

• nevada beige ftmfw
                          Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• Just joined the forum and yours was the first thread i looked at... Your work is inspiration on a whole nother level!!
                            My car is farely new so hopefully wont need this treatment for a while yet, but the time and effort you put into this build has paid off big time is a credit to yourself. :-)
                            Got another project planned?

Comment

• Nice work man, cant wait to see this thing finished.

Comment

• Just read through the whole thread. Amazing work man! Keep it up! Subscribed

Comment

Working...
                                X