Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• great progress Street. I really think the ccw classics flow better with the lines of the car, and i definitely would like to see something on the lighter side for the color of the car, and i agree about the pearl idea to accentuate the curves. especially the shadow line that it will create on the front fascia. I almost want to see something in the pastel range but with a hint of pearl mixed in.

this vehicle is going to be epic!
    sigpic
    1990 Nissan fairlady Z32 - long term build
    1982 euro porsche 930 turbo

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19185

Comment

• Super excited about this Street.. I think I'm liking the classics more to be honest.

Comment

• Replys.

Originally posted by 1badg35 View Post
        great progress Street. I really think the ccw classics flow better with the lines of the car, and i definitely would like to see something on the lighter side for the color of the car, and i agree about the pearl idea to accentuate the curves. especially the shadow line that it will create on the front fascia. I almost want to see something in the pastel range but with a hint of pearl mixed in.

this vehicle is going to be epic!
        Thanks Bro! I'm satisfied with the look and weight of the Classics.

Paint wise (initial test spray) will most likely be black to take on the "testing stage" look. It's a nothing-to-see here color as I focus on dialing in the suspension, monitor the cooling efficiency, ect. Think late night highway runs and hitting off ramps then immediately back into the on ramps heading back the other way, hovering around the redline, double-clutchin', modulating the brakes and letting the rear hang out!!

See it?

Then will lighten up into the grey family for the final spray during next winter after the numbers and tweaks are in and submitted.

street

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
        Super excited about this Street.. I think I'm liking the classics more to be honest.
        Thanks Ben! This is a long time coming and I ain't holding back!! Not now. Not ever.

street
        Last edited by street; 02-01-2011, 11:21 PM.
        form - function - stance

Comment

• Slated For Paint!

Huge milestone reached earlier on today - finally locked down the right painter to seal the test spray. It took a bit of searching to not only find the right tech, but also someone that I can "work" with. For me, learning how a pro with a personality that meshes with mine goes about the process, is something that I value even more than the job itself. And I'm very involved in every step along the way.

street

form - function - stance

Comment

• epic, 'nuff said...

BMW E30 316 Type 1 "Isabel"

Originally posted by NickBroderick
            I saw a stock height vette scrape into a restaurant parking lot when I was dropping off my brother for work. I then scraped a lot more than him and became happy.

Comment

• I was thinking... this sticks in the grey guidelines, but has some real pop to it. Just throwing this out there, not arguing the greys that have already been selected. It is a dark grey, but it really pops in the light.

Ford Dark Shadow Grey:

It's somewhat subdued when the light source isn't directly on it, but it really highlights the lines when it is.
              Last edited by Zack01GC; 02-04-2011, 05:12 PM.

Comment

• Replys.

Originally posted by Obscevator View Post
                epic, 'nuff said...
                Thanks man!

street

Originally posted by Zack01GC View Post
                I was thinking... this sticks in the grey guidelines, but has some real pop to it. Just throwing this out there, not arguing the greys that have already been selected. It is a dark grey, but it really pops in the light.

Ford Dark Shadow Grey:

It's somewhat subdued when the light source isn't directly on it, but it really highlights the lines when it is.
                Thanks for your input Zack. I think that grey looks good and I'm sure the final tint will reflect this feel. For now, it'll be black for the testing phase.

street
                form - function - stance

Comment

• Got Teal?

While I'm waiting for my turn for paint, I've been looking at a lot of rides that sport CCW's Clasics. What I've noticed, is that most go with the polished (standard) finish. While some opt for darker centers. That got me thinking about whipping up a rough draft (Tuck and Poke's Passat inspired! - Nice ride Bro!) showing a completely tealed rim. Looks great against black. After all, they're just rims and God knows they won't be my last set!!

street

form - function - stance

Comment

• That's an amazing build, you are in T.O. right? I think I've seen your car on the back of flat bed in Woodbridge before.

Comment

• Reply.

Originally posted by Chigga View Post
                      That's an amazing build, you are in T.O. right? I think I've seen your car on the back of flat bed in Woodbridge before.
                      Thanks and most likely.

street
                      form - function - stance

Comment

• Rim Dilemma.

This always happens. Once I feel pretty sure of a rim, I come across another that makes me pause - Rotiform's Forged Race SJC.

Here's the other side; I'm thinking of changing the appearance to a 5 bolt from the stock 4 for a different look. Possibly a more grown up look. If I did that, I'd opt for a 20mm spacer doing the business conversion. But that would eat up 20mm of offset and reduce the lip.

So here is it. Who hits harder? Classic (shown in 2 posts above) or SJC below? Stay with 4 bolt and max out offset/lip or go modern 5 bolt at a reduced lip?

street

form - function - stance

Comment

• SJC for sure not a of sets out there, I really think it would set the car off perfect

Comment

• Originally posted by B8JacksonS4 View Post
                            SJC for sure not a of sets out there, I really think it would set the car off perfect
                            Agreed. Rotiform ftw
                            sigpic
                            GARAGE | THE PROFESSOR

Comment

• yeah, I guess.

nyk

Comment

• sjc will look ridiculous

go for it
                                Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Working...