This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honestly such a unique ride/project.
    street throw up some vids if you ever get a chance. The sound is as good as the body on it.
    91 Golf Rebuild - slow as fuck right now

Comment

• Reply.

Originally posted by renngolf View Post
      Honestly such a unique ride/project.
      street throw up some vids if you ever get a chance. The sound is as good as the body on it.
      Thanks renngolf! Can't really do and vids for sound at the moment as the engine needs retuning. However, I will do another walk-around vid once I get the rims and suspension in place.

street
      form - function - stance

Comment

• Spider Details.

Had a chance today to remove all the front bumper's internal panels to get sprayed and made a clean and level floor for the interior as well. Should get those back for reassembly in a couple days.

Here's a shot to show a bit more profile where a custom curved pressure brace will be. It'll run directly behind the triangle to absorb any minor shock from the splitter. Thus minimizing the upwards force and amount of damage to the nose and bumper itself.

street

form - function - stance

Comment

• Spider Details.

Here's a detail shot of the rear deck lid extension above the tail lights.

street

form - function - stance

Comment

• Spider Details

No side mirrors. Instead, blind spot cams. Here are the ports in the front section of both rockers.

street

form - function - stance

Comment

• Awe inspiring!

There's a very knowledgeable Alfa tuning scene in my part of the world, in fact one of my closest friends has a 156 stripped out and caged running a 3.7L GTA motor on ITB's and for a FWD it regularly whips the arses of many tuned German (and force-fed) Jap cars. That things a monster, and this side of a GT3 RS Porsche it pretty much owns the 6 cylinder audio title.

Your's will be phenomonal in every way. You can expect many eager South Africans wanting vids and performance figures because everyone's been talking about your car for a very long time!

Keep up the good work, and thanks for flying the Italian flag on the stance scene.

Comment

• Spider Stance In The Works

Had a chance to continue to dial in the rear fitment earlier on today. Ended up pushing out the rear a tad more and dropped her down for checks. All clear. No rear camber with these cars as live axles are utilized. At any rate, the subtle rear bumper work will give the illusion of a bit of negative camber.

The fronts have not been pushed out in these shots, as I'm only able to show the rear or fronts at any given time due to the availability of spacers. Fronts will see 40mm of extension.

Final overall sizes and lips were gone through today with Dan @CCW. Here's what we arrived at:

Front: 18x8.5 w/3.5" lips
                Rear: 18x9 w/4.5" lips

As a side note, all the front bumper's internal panels are with the painter.

street

Last edited by street; 04-18-2011, 10:30 PM.
                form - function - stance

Comment

• ^^ Winning

Comment

• This is going to be be so sick once its finished!

Comment

• Replys.

Originally posted by dubtruk36 View Post
                      Awe inspiring!

There's a very knowledgeable Alfa tuning scene in my part of the world, in fact one of my closest friends has a 156 stripped out and caged running a 3.7L GTA motor on ITB's and for a FWD it regularly whips the arses of many tuned German (and force-fed) Jap cars. That things a monster, and this side of a GT3 RS Porsche it pretty much owns the 6 cylinder audio title.

Your's will be phenomonal in every way. You can expect many eager South Africans wanting vids and performance figures because everyone's been talking about your car for a very long time!

Keep up the good work, and thanks for flying the Italian flag on the stance scene.
                      Originally posted by dubtruk36 View Post
                      ^^ Winning
                      Thanks dubtruk36! A friend of mine put me in touch with Dawie a number of years ago down there in SA and I never looked back! As for the 156, yeah, my connec here has mentioned it that one to me as well and called it my, "Brutha from anotha mutha"!! With both sharing the same engine, ITB's and probably the same knife-edged crank, mayhem will be unleashed on these street here as well!!

I look forward to sharing vids and am currently trying to find someone that can bring my vision along with the cars' visceral feel to life. No cheesy music. No useless filler. Just that unmistakable Alfa Romeo V6 noise infused with sublime visual drama.

Didn't know that many know about the car. I'm humbled. Tell them I said thanks! I'm doing what I can. There are only a handful of us here on Stance Works, so I gotta go hard!!

street

Originally posted by PMcD View Post
                      This is going to be be so sick once its finished!
                      Thanks PMcD! It's getting there.

street
                      form - function - stance

Comment

• Spider Stance In The Works

I also quickly mocked in the rear bumper and diffuser for checks. Unfortunately, I couldn't get a decent shot without turning the car around towards the light. Cause at that point, I had to run. But as it sits, all the lines wrap up and here you can see just how much more the passenger right has been pushed out over the untouched driver's side.

street

form - function - stance

Comment

• cant wait to see it completely done. going to be so sick.

For Sale - e24 Build thread

Add me on Facebook
                          Instagram @Dared_Turtle

Comment

• Originally posted by PMcD View Post
                            This is so sick
                            corrected

Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• Originally posted by street View Post
                              I still have further testing to complete and prior to the paint stage. Not sure of the exact color at the moment. But it will be within the grey family. However, it'll only be a quick flash paint job due to future stancing/gear/chassis/drive train/suspension/cooling/handling analysis.

street
                              You really are putting that much work on the car? I have to congratulate, you sir are a fine example of craftsmanship and dedication. Although my personal opinion about the colour is that you should keep it in the family, some sort of glossy dark red. It'll look more...elegant, should i say. Since i am still going through the build thread, are you planning on keeping the V6 with the ITB's? you could go with a supercharger, not necessarily a big one, but rather to have power (or boost if you prefer) throughout the whole powerband On the other hand, keeping it N/A gives you better throttle response. What are your plans on this?

“ Driving down the road becomes a masterfully balanced ballet of dodging, looking ahead, and saying “oh shit.” "

- Mike Burroughs, Stanceworks

Comment

• are you going to bring it out to any local meets?

Comment

Working...
                                X