Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• that alfa is sick ! i thought that it's gonna be a retro project but what you'v done is really amazing . i love that sound and the lines of the car !
    seat cordoba coupe TDI

Comment

• Replys.

Originally posted by B8JacksonS4 View Post
      SJC for sure not a of sets out there, I really think it would set the car off perfect
      Originally posted by Curt_pnw View Post
      Agreed. Rotiform ftw
      Originally posted by nykwhy2 View Post
      yeah, I guess.
      Originally posted by P78 View Post
      sjc will look ridiculous go for it
      Thanks Guys for your opinion. I love the raw look of the Classic. But at the same time, I do love the simplicity of the SJC - IMO cleaner than CCW's LM20. It'll be a hard choice. For now I'll keep working on dialing in the stance to get my numbers perfect so I'm ready once it's order time. As always, any other opinions are welcome.

street

Originally posted by nutzu View Post
      that alfa is sick ! i thought that it's gonna be a retro project but what you'v done is really amazing . i love that sound and the lines of the car !
      Thanks nutzu! I'm not a fan of restoring a car to OE specs, only to get lost in the crowd. Like most here, it's a personal vision.

street
      form - function - stance

Comment

• Fender Pullin'

Went to work on the Spider's rear fenders today to see how much pulling would be needed. I loaded up the passenger's side with the spacers and stood back to check the fitment versus the present on the driver's side.

Damn. Quite the difference. I gotz work to do!

I then took some measurements and found out I could push this 8 inch rim out another 1/2 inch. As for the interior wheel well room - a good 1.5 inches. Nice. This should allow me to run up to a 9.5 inch rim once the fenders are fully pulled! For Alfa Spiders, that's huge because these unit body car's rear sections, taper towards the rear after the doors.

So I started heating up the fender and began to pull. I took my time and got just over a quarter inch by pulling the upper section of the fender. Tomorrow I'll pull the lip.

street
        form - function - stance

Comment

• Naturally you're great with a fender roller, I should've assumed..... haha. Is there any tool you don't know how to use??

Great work, please hurry up like now.
          Need to rent a fender roller in Socal? PM me.

Comment

• Reply.

Originally posted by Jenewein View Post
            Naturally you're great with a fender roller, I should've assumed..... haha. Is there any tool you don't know how to use??

Great work, please hurry up like now.
            Thanks Jenewein. I have observational experience! Going as fast as I can.

street
            form - function - stance

Comment

• Dialing in Stance

Back on the Spider today and widened the driver's rear fender by a 1/4 inch. Then I slotted in the spacers and checked the stance now showing both rears formatted. These test rims are 18x8 and I should be safe with 9.5's when ready. Final offset will be quite low (-12) due to the narrowed differential mod!

But before all of that comes the breakfast of Champions - full organic cashew nut chicken Thai!!

Good food. Good results. Win.

street
              form - function - stance

Comment

• Rear Stance Cont.

Pulled the rear fender a touch more and slotted in another 10mm spacer. Really? Another?

The result - This should be a good working perimeter. Total widened track: 44mm. The rear suspension is not set, so disregard the higher driver's side.

street
                Last edited by street; 02-10-2011, 12:11 AM.
                form - function - stance

Comment

• Front Stance Begins.

With the rear within spec, I started on the front. The driver's side tire stretches more than the passenger side as I opted for mismatched sets for this exact purpose - an easy way to see what will work best.

street
                  Last edited by street; 02-10-2011, 12:12 AM.
                  form - function - stance

Comment

• Your taking to long, hurry up and paint this thing already.

Comment

• in!!

Comment

• Originally posted by street View Post
                        While I'm waiting for my turn for paint, I've been looking at a lot of rides that sport CCW's Clasics. What I've noticed, is that most go with the polished (standard) finish. While some opt for darker centers. That got me thinking about whipping up a rough draft (Tuck and Poke's Passat inspired! - Nice ride Bro!) showing a completely tealed rim. Looks great against black. After all, they're just rims and God knows they won't be my last set!!

street

gotta go classic clean imo. white wheels on black car or white wheels on red or blue maybe
                        Hatchbacks, wagons... It's NOT all the same. You want in? Don't get a mazda 3, get a mazda 6 wagon. Don't get a wrx get a legacy wagon. and theres a reason the A3 isn't called the A3 avant... Scion does not make a wagon it makes a weird van, but no wagons

Sincerely,
                        The Wagon Mafia:Inner Circle
                        P.S. Is your tail a wagon?

Show cars are lame.

Comment

• your wheel bearings are going to die so fast lol

Originally posted by Longboarding_G
                          you sir, win this battle.
                          “Producing something of quality is obsessing over details nobody sees.”

Comment

• Replys.

Originally posted by White325is View Post
                            Your taking to long, hurry up and paint this thing already.
                            I'm currently in line waiting for my painter to take delivery of the car next week. It's out of my hands since last week. In the meantime, I'm doing all the fitment number crunching for the new rims with these mocks and spacers.

street

Originally posted by the bucky View Post
                            in!!
                            Thanks bucky!

street

Originally posted by Rebounder View Post
                            gotta go classic clean imo. white wheels on black car or white wheels on red or blue maybe
                            Thanks Rebounder. I'm leaning towards the Classics as well. But I feel that something must be done to set them apart as they are on quite a few cars. Thankfully though, I've never seen more than a couple sets where I am - both polished and very weak offsets.

When I decide on the color, I don't want to paint just the centers as I feel it'll make them look too small. Maybe all white might look good with chrome or black hardware. For fitment, so far, the numbers are saying fronts will be 18x9 ET-6 and rears at 18x9.5 ET -12.5 with 15mm spacer.

Front Lip: 3.75" of visible lip w/a 1.5 inch pad.
                            Rear Lip: 4.25" of visible lip w/a 1.5 inch pad.

street

Originally posted by Krank View Post
                            your wheel bearings are going to die so fast lol
                            Bearings-Shmearings!! The spacers you see now are for mocking. Not driving with all that.

street
                            form - function - stance

Comment

• I was actually talking more about the color scheme. Not sure what you what you want to set it apart from.Just what you've done with with the bodywork sets it apart ALOT(in a good way. looks awsome). some weird colored wheels like purple, turquois, neon green, etc would be a step toward more blending in. see too much of that nowadays. an alfa with bodywork like that needs classic plain colors to keep its identity. on a last note i'd personally go with SJCs
                              Hatchbacks, wagons... It's NOT all the same. You want in? Don't get a mazda 3, get a mazda 6 wagon. Don't get a wrx get a legacy wagon. and theres a reason the A3 isn't called the A3 avant... Scion does not make a wagon it makes a weird van, but no wagons

Sincerely,
                              The Wagon Mafia:Inner Circle
                              P.S. Is your tail a wagon?

Show cars are lame.

Comment

• I would really like to see the wheels all bright silver with a bright silver lip and chrome hardware. Would look awesome on CCWs, and you don't see people rocking sick silver lips. You definitely need to accent the features of the wheels.

Or to go with the classic car look, you could paint the centers black and sand/brush/polish the faces and lips

Originally posted by street View Post
                                For fitment, so far, the numbers are saying fronts will be 18x9 ET-6 and rears at 18x9.5 ET -12.5 with 15mm spacer.

Front Lip: 3.75" of visible lip w/a 1.5 inch pad.
                                Rear Lip: 4.25" of visible lip w/a 1.5 inch pad.
                                I'm curious, why the spacer in back after doing all the number crunching?
                                Last edited by hi its me alec; 02-10-2011, 12:00 AM.
                                4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

Working...
                                X