No announcement yet.

Martini Mini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making a new splitter as I lost the previous one the highway. Slightly wider with wing tips this time.

Comment

Originally posted by breakmywallet View Post
      with miesters that shiet would be money.
      my thoughts exactly.

Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion
      Things made of metal can be remade, but flesh and bone cannot be replicated. Not even by Rota.
      Originally posted by Kielan
      VW kids go to Hondas, Honda kids go to BMW, BMW kids stick with BMW because they are the best.
      ///stanceworks\\\

Comment

Originally posted by sixonefive View Post
        my thoughts exactly.
        Well, not meisters but SSR SP1's if I can find someone who is willing to sell some to me. You can't get them over here and getting them overseas is a pita.

Comment

Originally posted by Ducks View Post
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diffuser_(automotive)

Basically reduces the air speed underneath the car to better match the speed from the air that comes from the top of the car creating less turbulence and less drag.

The diffuser that M3This an I are running are form the Mini Challenge race car. They are not sold, so that is why they are so hard get.
          That diffuser wouldn't be that hard to make as long as you had the dimesions and could get your hands on those cool little mounting bars. Other than that it is just a flat carbon fiber piece.

Really clean car though, nice job! I think the martini stripes really finish it up nicely.
          Last edited by conski; 10-28-2010, 12:54 PM.
          1990 Mercedes 300CE- 24 valve

Comment

cracking work saw a picture of the mini few months ago glad to see its being used correctly

Comment

Originally posted by conski View Post
              That diffuser wouldn't be that hard to make as long as you had the dimesions and could get your hands on those cool little mounting bars. Other than that it is just a flat carbon fiber piece.

Really clean car though, nice job! I think the martini stripes really finish it up nicely.
              Thanks! You're talking about the splitter. The diffuser are the tunnels in the rear.

Comment

Originally posted by Ducks View Post
                Thanks! You're talking about the splitter. The diffuser are the tunnels in the rear.
                Yup my bad, got ahead of myself when typing lol, but still could be a nice diy project on the fairly cheap side
                1990 Mercedes 300CE- 24 valve

Comment

very nice the new r56 one is slowly growing on me now as iv got the r53 S

Comment

Got my hubs redrilled from 4x100 to 5x114.3. Should have some pictures by tomorrow

Comment

OMG so much win. I almost can't handle the awesome.
                      Last edited by cobrawannabe; 11-25-2010, 10:33 PM.

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

Your blast pipes look stupid.

Comment

Just a few snaps of the result

Comment

looks so sick

Comment

Wow, cool...

Can You show us some pictures of that redrilling?

I am planning to do something similar on my Corolla...it's 4x100 too, and I will need 5x100 or 114,3

Comment

The biggest issue is size of the hub. The mini's is 130mm so that leaves plenty room. If it's to small you need to weld a plate to it to enlarge it. Then you probably need bigger brake rotors as well.

Comment

Wow

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

Your blast pipes look stupid.

Comment

Working...
                                X