X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best mini ever - FACT
    sigpic

Comment

• Ok, first of all sick Mini... but... I am not feeling the wing... As you've clearly built it to go fast then why would you put a wing on a fwd car... Pushing down rear wheels does not help you at all... So it seems to be useless weight - also not good for speed... Or have you converted it to rwd?

Otherwise a really awesome Mini(Y)

Comment

• love it! sounds to nice aswell

Comment

• Thanks all!

Originally posted by Haole View Post
          Your Mini is awesome man! Just went thru your entire thread, what did you use to make your front splitter if you don't mind me asking?
          The core is foamed PVC. You can heat shape it and is very easy to cut and shape. It's lightweight, but doesn't have a lot of structural strength. The top is covered in carbon and the bottom in kevlar to keep it from wearing out.

Originally posted by karlmust View Post
          Ok, first of all sick Mini... but... I am not feeling the wing... As you've clearly built it to go fast then why would you put a wing on a fwd car... Pushing down rear wheels does not help you at all... So it seems to be useless weight - also not good for speed... Or have you converted it to rwd?

Otherwise a really awesome Mini(Y)
          A common misconception that the fwd car doesn't need a wing. For street use that is pretty much true, but on track you can benefit.

The the slow corners you want to be able to "set" the car into the corner. This requires a very lose rear end. The in the fast corner you do not want to the rear to step out and that is where the wing comes in. It doesn't produce any downforce at low speed, but at high speed it does and keeps the rear in check.

Also if you drive on slicks it's hard to keep temp in the tires, especially the rears of there is no weight on them.

You do need an adjustable wing as every track requires a different setup.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ducks View Post
            The core is foamed PVC. You can heat shape it and is very easy to cut and shape. It's lightweight, but doesn't have a lot of structural strength. The top is covered in carbon and the bottom in kevlar to keep it from wearing out.
            Thanks for the help. I think I'll take a shot at making a front splitter and seeing how that turns out before spending big $$ on a real CF one.
            BMW E38
            That White Evo
            -SOLD
            instagram @kbuss
            flickr

Comment

• why awesome mini? Because RACECAWR.
              IG/TWITTER @alloydhiggins

sigpic

Comment

• Holy hell. This is quite possibly the greatest Mini EVER!
                My mom's got a Cooper S JCW. If only hers was anything close to this beast.
                Mad ups, bro.
                Originally posted by BigBody
                If it doesn't look good low, it was ugly as shit in the first place.

Comment

• Best Mini ever!!

Going to any events in 2012? Hope to see it at Time Attack!

Comment

• amazing work on this!! its so cool man, i would call the look race classy, love it man. and that is that a sequential shifter you installed? like the type you only have to tap forward and backward?

Comment

• Hi. Big fan. Good job.

Comment

• Beauty.

Comment

• awesome build!

Comment

• Man this thing is awesome, just read this thread from start to finish!

Best Mini everrrrr!

Keep up the good work mate!

Comment

• Made a little video of the shifter as a some people requested it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWug1KD-ctE"]CAE Shifter - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Je komt uit Den Haag? Wat gek dat ik je nog nooit gezien heb Waar in Den Haag is je Mini te spotten? :P
                                Check us out @ Facebook: Flatworx

Comment

Working...
                                X