Comment

Originally posted by boostAbear View Post
      For real? Did you not read the thread title? hahaha
      I just noticed how dumb my question was

Originally posted by MadMax View Post
      Yeah but it looks like an older passat
      This.
      Originally posted by Oxer
      I dont know why, but I love your car.. Its OEM cleanness makes me happy in the genitals.

Comment

It's technically a 2nd generation (b2) passat. In Europe they badge it a passat, here it's a quantum.

Comment

I remember standing outside of the Broke.Status houses at H20 this year and talking to Holden about something when you rolled down the street (I think it was you) and wondering "wtf is that'

Glad to see more locals joining. The car is dope!

Comment

Thanks man....
            A good friend of mine brought over his mk3 jetta yesterday to strip. I'm gonna be using the management for my swap, he needed the 2.0. In typical Evan fashion, he lost the wheel lock key. So we had to tear it down without taking the wheels off. It was a little tricky. Anyway, I got around to splitting one wheel. I'll have pics when I get home tonight.
            Ordering the barrel tomorrow.

Comment

Definately qualifies to be described as dopetastic.

1987 BMW e28 535i
              "Respect your elders"

Comment

great ride

never seen it before tho (and i'm not the only one)
                Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Quantums arnt all that rare. But the coupe was only made in 82,83. I'm not sure the exact numbers, but I've read they made less then 500 per year. That's why I said "unexpectedly" picked it up last spring. I wasn't looking for a new project, but when I came across it, I couldn't pass it up.

Comment

Originally posted by mr sarcastic View Post
                    Quantums arnt all that rare. But the coupe was only made in 82,83. I'm not sure the exact numbers, but I've read they made less then 500 per year. That's why I said "unexpectedly" picked it up last spring. I wasn't looking for a new project, but when I came across it, I couldn't pass it up.
                    only 2nd one i've seen. a local (guy w/ first bagged CC, Tiguan and mk6 jetta upcoming) has one stored away in his garage. props for getting it low, cuase i know it took some ingenuity!
                    025garage

Comment

holy shit balls this car is fucking dope! the wheels in the first pic are crazy!!

Comment

The centra's are rad. A kid from conn has a 3 peice set on his mk1 gti. It sucks that didn't make a 16"....

Comment

found a couple pics of the 3 piece centra's i was talking about.

i took a few pics of the comps tonight, i'm glad i split them and measured. i was thinking i needed a 5" barrel as a replacement, turns out i'm gonna need a 6".

DSCN0030 by phillipcdube, on Flickr
                          partial donor engine beside them.

DSCN0027 by phillipcdube, on Flickr

Comment

lets get some interior shots im curious as to what it looks like.

I love the centras but only bc theyre one of my favorite wheels. The new wheels will definitely end up looking awesome.

Comment

Very nice! I also have never seen a Quantum coupe

Comment

as a small update, i've put the comps on the back burner as i came across some other wheels i like more. and i'm currently in the middle of swapping in an aba 16v. hopefully it'll be on the road within a couple months, but no guarantees..... my wife is due with our first at the end of april.

Comment

Working...
                                X