No announcement yet.

My Budget Build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wow you drive like that! I never seen a set up like that! Is it hard to brake!? Like u need super hands to stop the car?!

I love the new GripRoyal!
    IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob&co View Post
      wow you drive like that! I never seen a set up like that! Is it hard to brake!? Like u need super hands to stop the car?!

I love the new GripRoyal!
      Yeah and those are super basic hand controls they get crazier / more intricate than that. Especially for quadriplegics since they have minimal use of their hands and arms. Its not that hard to brake at all. The brake is actually really touchy because of how the control works. The gas on the other hand gets tiring since throttle is on the thumb. Long drives and not having cruise control working in my car = very sore thumb. LOL
      C280 Build Thread
      C43 ///AMG Build Thread
      E320 Wagon Build Thread

Follow me on Instagram:@SD_210

Comment

• nothing new. still need to respray the front fenders. Rolling shot i found from a couple weeks ago.
        C280 Build Thread
        C43 ///AMG Build Thread
        E320 Wagon Build Thread

Comment

• bouta throw down some paint on my front fenders. Using a 2 part paint. Must mix a catalyst into it. Will have a 24 hour pot life. Wish me luck. First time mixing real paints and such. Hope I get the match spot on.
          C280 Build Thread
          C43 ///AMG Build Thread
          E320 Wagon Build Thread

Comment

• Originally posted by SD202 View Post
            nothing new. still need to respray the front fenders. Rolling shot i found from a couple weeks ago.
            Damn that looks so good.
            IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

• Got some paint laid down , Clear needs to be cut nd buffed pretty badly on the pass side. The driver side came out fairly decent. will need wetsand nd buff as well. Mind you Its all shot through rattle can. No compressor . Used a one part acrylic in Mercedes Benz 149 Polar white. Then for clear I gave it spray max 2k clear. Its 2 part with a catalyst . ( hardener)

C280 Build Thread
              C43 ///AMG Build Thread
              E320 Wagon Build Thread

Comment

• Still can't believe how good this looks, especially since its a "budget build". Nice work as usual
                IG: @kyle_eagleton

Comment

• Originally posted by AmnKyle@911th View Post
                  Still can't believe how good this looks, especially since its a "budget build". Nice work as usual

Havent really been keeping people updated on the whole budget part LOL. got the Authentic lorinsers for $140 one was damaged. repair to barrel $100. rattle can white and all supplies to refinish faces. = $50 . Two junkyard fenders cost me $70 per side. The paint and supplies to re finish them ran me $106. i splurged a little and bought a grip royal for $120 back around X-mas time. It was on sale lol had to spend another $100 for an adapter. How much ive payed for labor = $0 because ive done almost everything myself. the things I didnt do( mostly because I couldnt reach from my chair) I had my brother or a friend come over and help me out with it. The one job I did not do myself which ended up breaking the whole "budget" aspect IMO was a new fuel injection computer / wiring it all back up. that happened around 180k miles and cost about 1k to fix. and that was not at a dealer but an independent euro center. the dealer quote was $1800+ to fix the computer + harness for it.
                  Last edited by SD202; 04-13-2013, 12:41 PM.
                  C280 Build Thread
                  C43 ///AMG Build Thread
                  E320 Wagon Build Thread

Comment

• very good re-spray man!
                    IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob&co View Post
                      very good re-spray man!
                      thanks . unfortunately I have to fix some clear coat sag on the passenger side But there is no better way to learn than from experience.
                      C280 Build Thread
                      C43 ///AMG Build Thread
                      E320 Wagon Build Thread

Comment

• Originally posted by SD202 View Post
                        got the Authentic lorinsers for $140
                        Dafuq? Mega jelly...

Comment

• Jesus what steal on the lorinsers!
                          Follow on IG
                          amgwheelwhore

Buy my wheels
                          Vintage AME Wheels
                          RUF Speedline Wheels

Buy my cars
                          W115 & W123

Comment

• Originally posted by Thaifighter View Post
                            Dafuq? Mega jelly...

Originally posted by AMGwheelwhore View Post
                            Jesus what steal on the lorinsers!

Got them from a fellow member Ed his metallic gray 1968 W108 280se mercedes benz on accuair e-level was featured on here not to long ago.
                            For those who missed it. Its worth a peek

Some of you may know him. He also has a silver c43 that i helped him lower it and what not. so he kinda shot me a super good deal for wrenchin on his car for him and cus one wheel was damaged. These wheels were originally slated for use on his C43 amg.
                            C280 Build Thread
                            C43 ///AMG Build Thread
                            E320 Wagon Build Thread

Comment

• so awesome!
                              sigpic
                              Follow Me on TikTok & IG: Eric_Thiergood

Comment

• No way I'd have the balls to go in and do a DIY partial respray on such a clean car. It's payed off man, looks tidy as.

Visit my build, that would be super good of you to do.

be my instagram friend: archiediplomat

have a look at the shirts I do: www.diplomatthreads.com.au

Comment

Working...
                                X