No announcement yet.

Project Stance: 1965 Chevy C10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love everything about this, the vintage look is sick, I hope the paint is overly crazy though, it will take away from the look you have going...dog is cute, love his one black/brindle leg and the bed of this truck is insane.

The shifter boot and door cards are ridic also.

God I love this truck, you sir are doing it right!

Comment

• love this sssssssooooooo fucking much !!!!! it's nice to see a rat rod styled vehicle on S/W and close to me regional( sorry if rat rod offends you i just can't think of another word for this styling )

Comment

• Mega dope. grats on the wedding as well....now back to the truck ;o)

Comment

• just took 1.5 hrs out of my work day to read your entire thread! all i can say is thank you for making my work day better! awesome build! awesome daily drivers! awesome wife! and awesome dog! keep up the great work!

Comment

• Thanks guys for all the kind words! I take no offense to the rat rod comment. I like to say its a hot rod with rat rod tendencies. A rat rod ish look but........with high performance suspension, engine, straight body, high quality details and fit and finish.

Boy I am damn excited to drive this and put together some bad ass burnout, dragging frame vids for you all to enjoy. That is if they don't lock me up before I can edit the film.
            sigpic

Comment

• what material did you use for sound deadening?
              2011 Outback 2.5i 6MT #subarubaru - daily/off-pavement adventure vehicle
              2001 BMW 325i Wagon 6MT #daswagoon - wife's #becauseracewagon
              1996 Suburban 2500 TD #superbbourbon - tow bitch/people hauler

Comment

• Originally posted by frink84 View Post
                what material did you use for sound deadening?
                looks like its aluminum ducting insulation with that tar backing or something that you can get at like Home Depot, been meaning to try it out on my W108 since I had to remove alot of the factory insulation to kill the colony of ants under it

Comment

• Originally posted by lewda View Post
                  looks like its aluminum ducting insulation with that tar backing or something that you can get at like Home Depot, been meaning to try it out on my W108 since I had to remove alot of the factory insulation to kill the colony of ants under it
                  Correct Lewis. Its Lowes Peal-N-Seal. I am then using sound absorbing foam, mass loaded vinyl and then carpet. Check out www.sounddeadnershowdown.com tons of great info. I want the truck to be obnoxiously loud outside so I need to be able to hear inside.

Hey I want to be comfy while dragging frame!

PS don't use this stuff in a luxury car, it has been noted to have a tar like smell on only a handful of people, and I hear on vertical surfaces it could come loose. So inside your door I don't recommend it. Mine will be under carpet so I don't care.
                  sigpic

Comment

• So the weather is warming up and I decided to start spending the money. Accuair is ordered and I have the tracking numbers!!! Should arrive in a few days and then its time to air this thing up and start driving it. It will head to the exhaust/transmission shop by the end of March.

Generic pic, but I love the EXO Mount design it will all be nicely installed under the bed. iLevel will be installed later, I just want to put all the $$ into body work and a big ol nasty cam first.

And Oliver is getting bigger 15+lbs at the moment 4 months old
                    sigpic

Comment

• Love this build man. I'm ready to see some good pictures come the nice weather and some video of you dragging around!!
                      Instagram: "Cole_Lenhart" Out of Thread Builds Shoots and Progress
                      Just a Truck Build: "Here"

Comment

• such an awesome truck, and I just read your whole thread haha

Comment

• I just read your thread and....

...fuck. When i come back for another life i want to come back as you! Awesome M3, sick truck and hot wife who knows about watches.
                          perrrrfect

goodluck with the rest of it mate, it's not far off now!

1963 850 - 1408cc, 45DCOE, 'S' 7.5" brakes, 6-point cage, blasted, Velo GPT-2's, rear beam

Comment

• HAHA Thanks man. I appreciate the compliments. This Farkin SNOW!!!!!! I want to wrench on the truck but the weather is screwing me up. I will make time this week to install the accuair it all arrives Wednesday. Real kicker is me and my wife are heading to SYDNEY AUSTRALIA!!!! She is the main actress in a film that made it to the Sydney film festival and the director is putting be and her up for 10 days!!!!

Anyways, the truck for now.

The damn yard

And Dude Man
                            sigpic

Comment

• Loving this build so far, someday ill have me an old truck. Also nice idea for sound deadening, might have to try that out.
                              My '66 C10 Build
                              My BMW 2002 Build

Comment

• doesn't look like a dog with heaps of energy

i only see him chilling
                                Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Working...
                                X