No announcement yet.

Project Stance: 1965 Chevy C10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• imo id do carpet that matches the door panels.

Comment

• Couple small things.
      Finished wiring speedo. Its brighter than the rest so I I am going to play w some resistors to darken it up a bit. Any idea on ohms to start with?? Removed the old purple tint. It was bugging me for a long time but it gave me a nice overspray protection. It peeled off with 1 swipe. It is so much nicer to have it off. Trucks of this age look better tint less, plus you can see the sweet interior better from outside.

Dome light is installed! I love the feel of the old bulb hue.

Overall its hard to capture on the iphone camera, but in person, at night it feels so damn cool having the oldschool headlights shining ahead 12" off the ground, and these old school gauges glow bounching off the all metal satin interior. It just feels right.
      Last edited by yusoslo; 05-21-2012, 09:19 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by yusoslo View Post
        Glad to hear! I live the gmc grill for that year. I lOve the yellow accuair truck of that body style too. I would love to see pics.

Comment

• truck looks good
          sigpic

Comment

• Honestly , i like the center light on the speedo. It kinds of feels right! I totally agree with the simple halogen style bulbs, they make everything warm feeling.

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

• The bed looks great! You should put billet/chrome strips down the lines of the wood to fill in the lines like they do on the fully restored custom c-10's. I love every bit of this build so far. Keep up the good work.
              Instagram: "Cole_Lenhart" Out of Thread Builds Shoots and Progress
              Just a Truck Build: "Here"

Comment

• Your build is the reason I signed up here so I could tell you it's such an inspiration and a gorgeous machine you've created, maximum kudos to you!

Comment

• Originally posted by way2fastx3 View Post
                  The bed looks great! You should put billet/chrome strips down the lines of the wood to fill in the lines like they do on the fully restored custom c-10's. I love every bit of this build so far. Keep up the good work.
                  I this will answer your question
                  Originally posted by yusoslo View Post
                  I found a company that sells copper 1" wide 1/4 thick 7' long strips. I can ban the boards together at the top and bottom with a few copper nails or even velcro again to keep the ends clean and even. They are straight now but with removing the strips from time to time, they may not be perfect. so this copper strip could cover it.

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

• Originally posted by Nates View Post
                    Your build is the reason I signed up here so I could tell you it's such an inspiration and a gorgeous machine you've created, maximum kudos to you!
                    Thanks a lot! That means a ton. I have built a lot of cars in my time but this is my favorite. I am enjoying that I can take my time and wrench on it here and there. I tried my best to make it different but classy. It's far from done, but I sure hope to see a magazine or online feature in this trucks future. Especially when I go forced induction and get the proper body work completed.

my winter 2012 project is either a Weiand 6-71 blower or twin turbo with the intercooler piping feeding into the shotgun intakes. I love the blower sound but a big nasty cam v8 with spooling turbo's and blow off valve is hard to beat. Both will be low boost application until i can build the bottom end with forged internals.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by yusoslo View Post
                      I found a company that sells copper 1" wide 1/4 thick 7' long strips. I can ban the boards together at the top and bottom with a few copper nails or even velcro again to keep the ends clean and even. They are straight now but with removing the strips from time to time, they may not be perfect. so this copper strip could cover it.
                      this is exactly what i had in mind ... i knew i seen it some place else and i had ideas of doing that on my bed too, in case i actually load sheets of something the wood is not scraped but it glides on the metal..

Comment

• its coming together!
                        @slowprogress

Comment

• Call me crazy, but I think it would look really cool if you burnt the wood a litle bit around the edges before you stained it. Nothing crazy, just enough to discolor it, not char it. I love this build.

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

Your blast pipes look stupid.

Comment

• I'll try a few scrap pieces and burn it. I also want to test dating it w used motor oil.
                            sigpic

Comment

• I'd you do the motor oil trick u can forget about laquer

Comment

• I know. I am just testing some pieces to see how it looks. Thanks for the heads up though.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X