• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This thing is wicked=D Great work
    95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Follow me on instagram: earlmeyeriii

Comment

• that copper oxidation is not the healthiest thing to have in your car... just sayin'

Comment

• Originally posted by yusoslo View Post
        BTW I turn 31 this week and my awesome ass fiance got me this!!!!

I have a nice distressed brown ammo pouch leather strap to put on it immediately
        That's a special girl to buy you a Panerai... super jealous. Is the strap by any chance one of Rob Montana's?
        - Garrett

@mtm_garrett on Instagram

Comment

• Originally posted by mtm_motors View Post
          That's a special girl to buy you a Panerai... super jealous. Is the strap by any chance one of Rob Montana's?
          Thanks, she is pretty awesome! The leather strap I bought. It is a French hand made leather strap from a guy named Sepitimus. I am waiting on an ammo pouch band that has leather stamps from the war in the band, but you have to wait for them to get the right leather pouch in for what you are looking for.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Joker View Post
            that copper oxidation is not the healthiest thing to have in your car... just sayin'
            How so? It was oxidized with Miracle grown then rinsed off. I don't plan on licking it.
            sigpic

Comment

• might get on some1's fingers and rub their eyes or whatever, if you like it as it is maybe you could do a really thin coat of laquer over it, or matte laquer

Comment

• Wow that looks nice. I know I am quoting a picture here but I think everyone can look at this again. Makes me wish copper would work with my build but it would not make sens at all. Your rocking it man!

Comment

• Originally posted by yusoslo View Post
                  Thanks, she is pretty awesome! The leather strap I bought. It is a French hand made leather strap from a guy named Sepitimus. I am waiting on an ammo pouch band that has leather stamps from the war in the band, but you have to wait for them to get the right leather pouch in for what you are looking for.
                  Ah ok, very cool...

Rob Montana (The Strapsmith) makes some awesome ammo pouch straps as well. I have ordered a couple other straps from him but unfortunately I don't have anything fitting for an ammo strap right now :/

Make sure to post the strap whenever you get it in!

Love this build btw... been following since the beginning
                  Last edited by mtm_motors; 03-16-2012, 11:59 AM.
                  - Garrett

@mtm_garrett on Instagram

Comment

• What did you do to get that effect on the copper? My friend and I are building a bar and we have a copper beer tower and a few other copper pieces like the drip tray we would like to do like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by mtm_motors View Post
                      Ah ok, very cool...

Rob Montana (The Strapsmith) makes some awesome ammo pouch straps as well. I have ordered a couple other straps from him but unfortunately I don't have anything fitting for an ammo strap right now :/

Make sure to post the strap whenever you get it in!

Love this build btw... been following since the beginning
                      Thanks man for following the build. I rush home every time I work on the truck to post pics and keep this thread alive. I am excited to get some HD video and some proffessional pics, aside from driving the damn thing too! We are using the truck as a back drop for our engagement photos with a james dean/pin up girl theme. I'll post those pics too.

deutschman, Just take Miracle Grow and and add enough water to make it a paste, then slap it on as natural as you can, check it every ten minutes then rinse it off. Mine took 40 min for this look.

I have a copper topped bar I am building in the basement with horizontally run Brazillian Zebra wood as the base. I was planning on not aging it, but give it a hammered finished and let finger prints, coffee, beer stains age it.
                      Last edited by yusoslo; 03-16-2012, 04:30 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Nice. We will have to give that a try.

Comment

• Well, I matte cleared the copper, I am not sure if I like it, it took alot of the color away. I may just sand it down and leave it raw. Let me know what you think of the clear coated copper. I have also been getting pretty good at heat shrink, crimping, and all the fun that comes with wiring.

carb linkage all done

Hockey stick wrap tape instead of plastic loom FTW!!

patina copper

more wiring

sigpic

Comment

• hockey stick tap is close to factory lol

and sick work !

Comment

• i was gonna get some dolphin gauges for a project. How do you like them so far? You go with mechanical or electronic? Plus are you using the stock wiring harness or aftermarket?

Comment

• I have the electric gauges, I also am using Rebel wiring harness, the oem one was brittle and had too many frayed places for my comfort. Its nice wiring it yourself, you know it was done right and where everything goes.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X