X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jared1988 View Post
    Looks like you got a little bit of toe-in up front
    i noticed that too

why didnt you want the long bed? long cars look lower.. what do I know anyway. still a nice build

Instagram: dankasrz_s666

Comment

• long bed

short bed

it looks more proportional
      sigpic

Comment

• Love every moment of this build... Keep it up

Contact me if you are interested in DPE Wheels edafe@dpe-wheels.com

Comment

• Glad to see you went short bed. This is my favorite chevy body style ever. Sick build man, keep it up.
          IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

• Thanks for the compliments!!! I knew I wanted a short bed but after 2 years I only found long beds. I actually ordered a BBW (Big Back Window you perv's) and we are going to cut out the old small window and weld in the new big window frame and glass.

Short bed fleetside big back window 64-66 trucks are so rare that most people make them instead of trying to find one. 60-63 have different suspensions and curved windshields making them more expensive to restore.
            sigpic

Comment

• Picked up some higher quality body work materials from a body shop supply store
              Fvck Bondo, Rage Gold Extreme (under non retail name Smart)

Sanded down all my work and redid it.

The whole truck is being stripped to bare metal and dents filled, etching primer, high build primer, guide coated and blocked then painted a 2 stage flat black. It is taking forever to do. I should have soda blasted,but I knew stripping by hand would have no chemical reactions to the paint.
              sigpic

Comment

• Looks good so far

Comment

• Damn nice Build man !

Comment

• Damn sick bro

Contact me if you are interested in DPE Wheels edafe@dpe-wheels.com

Comment

• epic, epic, epic. i love this build and wouldn't change a thing. now i want a 350ci haha.

also, i love the ball grenade, a very nice touch....great minds think alike

keep up the stellar work man

Comment

• nice work so far, sub'd
                        S50

Comment

• Diggin this build. keep up the good work
                          Ryan

Comment

• Going out Friday to do more body work, hopefully we can put the bed on and start working on the front fender tubs. Will post pics Friday.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Moar Moar Moar Sanding Stripping and body work. Mocked up fenders and had to due some trimming. Rear tires will be flush with rear rolled fenders but up front I already cut 1" from the fender. Any more and the hood wont cover it. Here are a few more pics. Stripping the whole truck to bare metal sucks!!!!

Wiring, reinstalling the drive train, and replacing rusted panels will be next. I pray 6 weeks and it will be done
                              sigpic

Comment

• subscribed!!! love it! keep up the good work man!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X