Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by benz88 View Post
    its Position is just so horribly dangerous and looks Terrible

Dont get me wrong, i love this car. That front cross bar just ruins it for me.
    Fair enough man. I can see what you're talking about. It doesn't bother me, but then again the cage was already built when I bought it. If I were to tear the cage down and weld a new one the front bar would probably be moved forward behind the dash or near the windshield where it "should" go. At this point in the build I'm more concerned with fixing the mechanical issues and getting it visually where I want it to be.
    Admittedly I felt the same way you do now when I first bought the COTD. I thought to myself "What the fuck is this, why would you build a cage that obscures the gauge cluster? This looks bad. This IS bad!" The guy who had owned it before me ziptied pool noodles to it to give the illusion of safety. It scares people who get into the car, and rightfully so. If I were to be in a head on collision or even rear end someone, I would be killed, and my passenger too. I don't think that's 'cool' but at the same time I'm not someone who lives their life in fear. If i get in an accident going 100, I'm going to die anyway considering I've got no airbags.

We don't lower our cars because it's safe. We don't get expensive wheels because they'll save us if we get hit by a big rig (i don't have expensive wheels anyway, oops!).

We do it because it's fucking badass.

it's human nature to spit in death's face and test our own mortality.

TL;DR?
    Front bar is danger, me like anyway.

sorry to rant Benz88, i just value your opinion is all

-Updated 07-29-2013- _ padraig@deathsquad.ca _ _

Comment

• Meh, I like the roll cage.
      Instagram: danimal._
      Mercedes Build Thread
      Falcon Build Thread

Comment

• I'm not ****** on the roll cage, I like it. I just don't like how they didn't put a Harness bar and instead put it right in front of your face. LOL
        Originally posted by Jesus Christ
        he mustve enjoyed that bj.

i know for a fact you chubby bitches could suck the air bubbles out of a brake line

Comment

• I'll **** on the roll cage then. Needs a harness bar. Congratulations on feeling badass when you smash your face into your dash bar because you don't have a harness. The gene pool has a fun way of taking care of itself.

That said, the car is fucking badass.

Comment

• Yay!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by padraigmk3 View Post
              I LIKE EVERYTHING

Comment

• Ricky Bobby: This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

padraigmk3: This rollbar is dangerous and inconvenient, but i do love roll cages.

Originally posted by M.Burroughs
                I'd have to say this site was founded on building the cars we wanted to build, despite if the rest of the car community liked it or not. This site was founded on freedom of automotive self expression and the passion that goes in to each and every build... This site is about doing what you like, whatever makes you happy, and not caring about what other people think...

Comment

• Originally posted by kartikeya View Post
                  I'll **** on the roll cage then. Needs a harness bar. Congratulations on feeling badass when you smash your face into your dash bar because you don't have a harness. The gene pool has a fun way of taking care of itself.

Just so we can clear the air a little.

Theres a thing called seatbelt, it's standard in every car and has been for like a million years.
                  If he crashes at 60mph he's not dead, the seatbelt handles more force and G's than you think.. I'm not saying he will walk out with a smile after the crash, but he will not smash he's face at 60 mph or die because of that bar. As you can see, the bar is behind the steering wheel, and if he crashes (without seatbelt on) he will ruin he's face anyway. He will plant he's face so hard in that steering wheel that it stands "supra" in he's for head for the rest of he's life..

My main point being: He smashes he's face so hard, it doesn't matter if he hit the bar or the steering wheel, the consequence will be the same..

I have no idea what regulations you guys have when it comes to 4-point seat belts, but if that is allowed i would buy it asap, then you don't have to care about the bar at all.. I'm more concerned about that sub woofer, i seriously hope it sits tight as hell! Because if that sub is lose and you have a friend or your GF at the passenger seat and crash? Your friend or GF can get a broken Neck or a major head injury..

If you die, you die. Just don't bring anyone with you, thats the hard part..

You can live dangerous but still do it in a kinda safe way, if that makes sense..
                  Last edited by Tomzz; 06-02-2011, 12:30 AM.
                  -Tomzz

91" Nissan 300ZX-(R) 2+2 TwinTurbo
                  Each driver has he`s limit. My limit is a little bit further than other's

Comment

• Originally posted by benz88 View Post
                    I'm not ****** on the roll cage, I like it. I just don't like how they didn't put a Harness bar and instead put it right in front of your face. LOL
                    HA!!!
                    re-purposed harness bar: $33
                    crushed frontal lobe: priceless

Originally posted by kartikeya View Post
                    I'll **** on the roll cage then. Needs a harness bar. Congratulations on feeling badass when you smash your face into your dash bar because you don't have a harness. The gene pool has a fun way of taking care of itself.

well, I'm sorry you don't like me personally, but thanks for liking my car

Originally posted by jared1988 View Post
                    Ricky Bobby: This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

padraigmk3: This rollbar is dangerous and inconvenient, but i do love roll cages.

HAHAHAAH dude you crack me up! I never realized Ricky and I had so much in common, and I also love fig newtons.

Originally posted by Tomzz View Post
                    Just so we can clear the air a little.

Theres a thing called seatbelt, it's standard in every car and has been for like a million years.
                    If he crashes at 60mph he's not dead, the seatbelt handles more force and G's than you think.. I'm not saying he will walk out with a smile after the crash, but he will not smash he's face at 60 mph or die because of that bar. As you can see, the bar is behind the steering wheel, and if he crashes (without seatbelt on) he will ruin he's face anyway. He will plant he's face so hard in that steering wheel that it stands "supra" in he's for head for the rest of he's life..

My main point being: He smashes he's face so hard, it doesn't matter if he hit the bar or the steering wheel, the consequence will be the same..

I have no idea what regulations you guys have when it comes to 4-point seat belts, but if that is allowed i would buy it asap, then you don't have to care about the bar at all.. I'm more concerned about that sub woofer, i seriously hope it sits tight as hell! Because if that sub is lose and you have a friend or your GF at the passenger seat and crash? Your friend or GF can get a broken Neck or a major head injury..

If you die, you die. Just don't bring anyone with you, thats the hard part..

You can live dangerous but still do it in a kinda safe way, if that makes sense..
                    The sub's out of the car now until I get my amp working and make another set of brackets to hold it in there. I'm not sure what our regulations are either, but I don't plan to get a 4-point anytime soon. Thanks for all the advice and I'll consider it as I continue building, and may change the cage/ harness in the future.

Can i have your 300ZX now?

-Updated 07-29-2013- _ padraig@deathsquad.ca _ _

Comment

• im not going to tell you the roll cage is un safe, its your life.

i am going to ask you one thing though, why didja half way paint it green ?

it looked fine to me when you first put it in.

Comment

• Originally posted by padraigmk3 View Post
                        CoTD stance may 25th 5
                        Passenger Assassin.

Comment

• fuckin love this thing. put a big spike on the roll bar where your head would smash for +10 br00tal points.
                          tumblr
                          myata

Comment

• Haha, i wish it was that simple mate! Nah, i don't think i can manage to sell this car or trade!

But when your tired of your car, give me a pm and i'll bid on it
                            -Tomzz

Comment

• drive to idaho. and we will fix your lil cage issue. pleasee, get a cutting disk/grinder and cut that motherfucker out. then grind it down flush with the other bars.
                              Creator of Power, Destroyer of the Average.

89 JZa70 SupraThe Silver bullet.. 850hp or BuST!<-- CLick me.. 2JZ-gte Swapped Billet 7175 ,ID2000's, Twin Disk ORC, JE Pistons, Eagle Rods, CF driveshaft, Volks TE37's, Chasebays Engine Harness, Stance GR+, More..
                              Check Out Our Facebook Page.. http://www.facebook.com/TruePerformance

Comment

• Originally posted by K_shan View Post
                                drive to idaho. and we will fix your lil cage issue. pleasee, get a cutting disk/grinder and cut that motherfucker out. then grind it down flush with the other bars.
                                He doesn't got any issue with the cage! It's you guys who have that
                                -Tomzz

Comment

Working...
                                X