Flickr

Projects :

1984 W123 300D (Sold)

1999 C43 AMG (no thread..yet)

Comment

• Originally posted by padraigmk3 View Post
      Thread update TOMORROW
      Originally posted by Strawhat View Post
      Calling out of work tomorrow so I don't miss the update.
      Originally posted by Anonymoose View Post
      It's tomorrow! Where's my fap material at?
      Originally posted by P78 View Post
      this
      Originally posted by GTIKole. View Post
      Originally posted by DDM View Post
      It's tomorrow today! I need update!!!
      Originally posted by ionz View Post
      today the day is,

the fuck is the update?

Originally posted by padraigmk3 View Post
      Thread update TOMORROW

im excited.

Comment

• Haven't checked in here in a good minute. Much badassery as usual. Hell yeah.
        '88 323 - K-swapped
        '03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege

Comment

• i love you. that is all.

Comment

• this thing is insane. in like a "hello... clarice" kind of way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Ostrowski View Post

Comment

• Is it tomorrow yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrick. View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by LowDirtyBastard View Post
                    I love you.

I knew about the wheels for a while, but wasn't aware that you had them painted. that shit is baller.

See you in Hell

Thanks, I liked how the sort of pale bronze colour of the rotas looked with the matte black. It reminds me of the John Player Special colour scheme:

and RWB's Porsche 911 "Stella Artois" :

I’m not 100% sold on the colour of the barrels so that might change.
                    Originally posted by Nicolaus Pro View Post
                    You have this totally fucking raw feeling that I love. PLEASE let me know if you ever in philly/at any major shows, we'll have to smoke a j
                    Thanks dude, I love building this car and sharing it with you and everyone else because you guys are just as obsessed with this stuff as I am haha. Also, getting feedback from everybody rules. It really motivates me to work 200% harder every day to build this car to be something really special.

P.S.
                    Originally posted by RobyRR View Post
                    There is one fun fact... You are trying to be more like an AntiChrist but you are sort of a Santa Clause... You bring joy with your updates to good people of Stancelandia!
                    Hahaha thanks for putting it that way! I think I’m a generally pretty good person, It’s just that when it comes to the COTD it brings out that side of me that just wants to plow through speed bumps, burn tires, and not give a fuck.

Originally posted by 340i View Post
                    wheel fitment looks perfect bro, nice work!!! (pun... lol. da dimm tish). how wide does that make those rears now? and have you got tires yet? you're such a tease, i know there's more to this update that what you've shown us...
                    Aleks Efremov (aleks@deathsquad.ca) sent me a pair of Pirelli P-zero rosso’s in 255/40/ZR18. I’m kind of tired of 35 series sidewall tires right now, I want some goddamn beef on the wheels to make use of the new engine when I get it.

Originally posted by ZammoTheChoppa View Post
                    Nice Works Paddy LOL.

Best part of the whole update

THE FUCKEN LITTLE CANDLE LANTERN YOU SICK CUNT

on a side note the only suitable engine swaps i will accept are

1. 2JZ-GTE
                    2. 1UZ + sc or TT
                    3. 1.5JZ-GTE
                    4. 1JZ-GTE

do you see a patern there, DO YOU?

cause i swear to our lord and master if you put anything other than a legendary toyota motor in the now world famous "Chairiot" you may aswell put on a habit and hide in a church. Cause im gunna make it my personal mission to fly half way round the world and bitch slap you with a smoked mackerel.

not an acctual smoked mackerel img is just for visualisation purposes

for those with no imagination it would look something like this

sean gets slapped by a fish - YouTube
                    Being slapped by a mackerel would probably give me silky smooth skin from all the natural fish oils n’ shit.

The UZ + a super charger would be SO sick. I know Raptor makes a SC kit for the 2J but my end goal is a beast twin scroll single turbo setup. We’ll see how many years it’ll take to save up for that fucker haha

… and yeah the lantern’s pretty sick, how else am I going to work at night with no battery in the car and no electrical outlets?

mother fuck a sunbeam.

Originally posted by NeedingAnAudi View Post
                    So wait, you shit is broken, and you don't even have tires and Mike loves you? Dammit.
                    Well, I think the point is that Mike likes the direction I'm going in. Chill baby.

Originally posted by Jersh View Post

^My brain on this thread.
                    Originally posted by Madhatter View Post
                    Hell yes. Cant wait to see these updates come rolling in again!
                    Yeah dude I’m going to be updating more SO EVERYONE CAN JUST CHILL OUT FACK.

Originally posted by ImAwesome View Post
                    the first shot of the wheel just stopped my heart
                    Every once in awhile I do manage to accidentally take a well composed photo and not fuck it up in post processing hahah
                    Originally posted by JC. View Post
                    As always, I love you padraig.

I am meeting you when I come to Canada next year...

You don't really get a choice.
                    Hopefully I’ll be a permanent resident of BC by then! Moving back and forth from each coast is really tiring.

Originally posted by CaliforniaBear View Post
                    I "clicked here for a new password" just so I could log on at 1:46am to tell you... Hell yes.
                    hahaha well fuck, I mean what else would you be doing? Sleeping? Go put some flares on your lawnmower or something
                    carpe diem or whatever.

Originally posted by Bubwubwub View Post

Old man and me approves this!

Awesome build
                    That gif stresses me out.

Originally posted by coconutt View Post
                    Jesus Christ... YEAHFUCKYEAH!!!
                    Originally posted by M.Burroughs View Post
                    Update didn't disappoint.
                    Thanks!

Originally posted by got splits? View Post
                    Dat fitment unnhhhh
                    I love it when a plan comes together

Originally posted by Pierate View Post
                    That update, I shed a tear, this thing is a beast.
                    Well, it’s a brick right now, but what it’s shaping up to be is going to be pretty aggressive. It just takes a long time when you’re really limited by income.

Originally posted by 320icar View Post
                    i keep forgetting you are local to me. im buds with anthony haha. when will this car be done. i must see itttttt. ps: the toyota wagon on autostrada wheels lives across from my aunt/uncles
                    Yeah dude get in touch with either of them via the FB page, twitter, email etc..

Originally posted by loudest03cavi View Post
                    I just came so hard I felt like I had to pay you...

So I bought a shirt! ....and a sticker. Mo' fuka.

Get this back on the road, so I can shame my self into finishing one of my 452352345234523452345 projects.

Dude thank you! That money is going directly into buying the new engine that the COTD needs. I really appreciate the support!

Originally posted by Byron View Post
                    I know it kinda seems like I'm hopping on a bandwagon thread by now, but I saw your new sig and realized I haven't looked at this thread since you first got the flairs mounted. The new wheels look 900% better than the rotas did and match the flairs way better. You say the exhaust is what's limiting your drop in the back, have you ever thought of oval piping?

You could gain 3/4" with that alone. It's what I have to do with my e30. The reason I mention it is the rear flairs look almost empty with the fitment of the new wheels compared to the poke you had before. The front, however, looks amazing.

This car is one of the cars that makes me love this site. I joined here with a set idea of what I like and dislike, and I keep finding cars that make me change that outlook. Your car matches almost the entire criteria of what I don't like, yet I look at it and smile. It's exactly you.

This thread is only half about the car though, and it's the other half that makes me laugh. I joined your facebook group, now lemme get a xl Tshirt and sticker.

ps. more Emma Watson
                    The giant exhaust, rake, and poke are going out the window. I’m not going to try and plan the exhaust until I have the engine in the car and the wheels finished. To me the exhaust is going to be the last piece of the COTD’s resurrection. The way I’m approaching the re-building of the car is ass-backwards. I want to get the ride height figured out before I start building the exhaust. I want to prove people wrong and show them you can have a totally slammed street car that still performs decently and looks agressive.

I guess we’ll see whether I succeed and reach that goal, or this totally fucking blows up in my face.

I want to say thanks for all of the kind words dude. I work my ass off at this day and night, not just working on the car but making the shirts, the stickers, designing and putting together the website, taking the photos, and writing all of this stuff. I couldn’t do it without Aleks and Anthony, and everyone who checks up on the COTD. When I started building the COTD I had a pretty gnarly learning curve, and a lot of the time I had, and still have, people telling me what I'm doing is a waste of time.

Well fuck that.

Fuck not believing in yourself. This car has taught me that if you really devote 110% of yourself to something then you’ll achieve it. Three years ago I didn’t know jack shit about spring preload, camber, or that fitment and stance were even things people gave a shit about.

So here’s my advice to you Byron:

If you want to marry Emma Watson, then go for it. We’ll drive to England when the COTD’s done and impress her face with some burnouts.

Originally posted by FunfGang View Post
                    A collection of gifs to help better express my feelings.

Originally posted by MWyeS View Post
                    Originally posted by s300ae View Post
                    i sold the autostradas. sitting on work wheels now

next time come by and say hello if im home.
                    Those autostradas were amazing, but the new wheels are just….

game over man. Game over.

Now, COTD news:

DSC_3081 by padraigmk3, on Flickr

First I want to say thanks to Aleks and Anthony and the Death Squad west coast crew blowing people's minds at "Stancewars", we raised a decent chunk of change for the engine swap! I want to say thank you to everyone who went and bought the new shirts, stickers or just took the time to say hello.

DSC_3079 by padraigmk3, on Flickr

So, the new engine is obviously going to cost a lot of money, so I've started unbolting what I can and taking stock of what's going to be carried over to the new setup, what's going to be up for sale, and what's going in the garbage.

DSC_3073 by padraigmk3, on Flickr

DSC_3075 by padraigmk3, on Flickr

And speaking of garbage, here's something I need to get off my chest. The COTD came with a "pre-oiler" (you can see it in the picture above). long story short, it's a pump that you can turn on and run from the battery before you start your engine. It's supposed to protect your engine bearings from dry abrasion.

Now, If you have something in your engine bay that breaks while you're on the highway, or at the track, then fuck it, sometimes you need to use whatever you can to hold it togeather.

HOWEVER. If you're selling someone a car, fix that shit, and don't leave it held togeather with fucking yellow zip ties. Those things are so weak that a baby with rabies could bite through them.

THIS AIN'T GONNA DO SHIT BUD:

DSC_3072 by padraigmk3, on Flickr

I wanted to keep my Greddy TD04H turbo but I'm going to have to sell it too. It's got a T2 flange which won't work well with the quick spool valve I want to incorporate, plus it's way too small to make the numbers I'm aiming for. Bye bye lil' guy.

DSC_3070 by padraigmk3, on Flickr

My AEM TRU-TIME cam gears are going to have to go too.

DSC_3068 by padraigmk3, on Flickr

One thing I can probably carry over to the 2J is my AEM fuel pressure regulator.

DSC_3077 by padraigmk3, on Flickr

My Greddy BC should swap over too I think.

Meanwhile on the outside of the car....

DSC_3080 by padraigmk3, on Flickr

ugh. gross. The cops really **** that they can't tow this thing or give me a VI. The plus side of getting that inspection right before the engine died is that now the COTD is safety inspected, even though it has:

no seats
                    no steering wheel
                    no shifter
                    no seatbelts

I've been going through the phone book looking for powdercoaters who can strip and paint my Work Meister's. alsoI need to find a company that will make custom barrels because finding existing ones is taking up too much of my time, and it's only going to get more difficult seeing as these wheels are discontinued now

DSC_3084 by padraigmk3, on Flickr

What's next? Well Death Squad raised almost $300 at Stance Wars so that puts us closer to being able to afford a used 2JZGTE to transplant into the COTD. Total funds raised to date: ~$900.

Welp, that just about wraps up this update. It's Friday, so have a good weekend guys, and enjoy the best video I've seen this week:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0"]PSY - GANGNAM STYLE (강남스타ì¼) M/V - YouTube[/ame]
                    Last edited by padraigmk3; 07-20-2012, 10:58 AM. Reason: GANGNAM STYLE BITCH.

-Updated 07-29-2013- _ padraig@deathsquad.ca _ _

Comment

• hahahahhaaha that video....

IG: Nick475

Comment

• Oh, and we're having some technical difficulties at www.deathsquad.ca so bear with us, I think my update exploded our internets.

Comment

• Wasn't expecting a picture of me, lol. cool!

DEATH SQUAD FTW!
                          '88 TOYOTA CRESSIDA 1JZ-GTE "Desiree"

Comment

• Oh, something I'd like to add...

this is the best video I've seen this week.

Last edited by Layzorbeemz; 07-20-2012, 11:55 AM.
                            '88 TOYOTA CRESSIDA 1JZ-GTE "Desiree"

Comment

• Originally posted by Layzorbeemz View Post
                              Oh, something I'd like the add...

this is the best video I've seen this week.

that's nuts. Titan make the most insane performance products

Comment

• Dangit! Stop showing off those banners that I'll never be able to own -_- You racist canadians

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

Working...
                                X