Clear All

• Love this thread!

Comment

• Money Sent! make me proud sir!
      Straight Outta Wiscompton
      Team Gileto. Graphics-Coatings-Performance
      Shakotan Midnight - Low Car Street Team

Comment

• Thank you SO much for the constructive feedback! I Hadn't looked at the new EFR's, and For the price, it's an absolutely beautiful turbo. The fact that it's available as a twin scroll is sick. What blows my mind is that for that price it has an integrated WG and blow off valve. It's a huge plus if you're building a new turbo setup from scratch, because you can skip on buying the WG and BV. I'm going to tentatively say that it's between the EFR and the Garret GT42R.

Also, it does make me laugh that when you put what I want to do up against what other people tweak the 2J for, it makes 800 look like a fucking joke

I can't thank you enough for your input Remi, and believe me when I say I take all of it into consideration. You obviously know your shit, and thanks for taking the time to put your well-worded two cents in.

The best part is even 800hp (I assume crank by the way) is about the limit of what you want on a car you need to drive on the street or occasionally turn with... but there are guys around here with 1500hp mk4's that they claim to drive on the street, but you only ever see them at car shows or drag nights.

Nice to be appreciated, but i'm just contributing back because builds like this contribute to the community of cars for everyone. By the way, I'm going to buy some of your merc and rock it on my uberwagen.

Ummm by the way:

Your 2nd to next (whatever...) post BETTER BE GOOD.
        Last edited by Remi; 10-20-2011, 12:37 AM.

Comment

• lol @ the tags.

now you can make your #666 post, dont waste it!

Instagram: dankasrz_s666

Comment

• just ordered my xl tee bro and one thing came to mind..
            winter is coming up and these designs would look great on some hoodies!

Comment

• the new efr is the craziest turbo ever, my buddy who owns evans tuning just switched over from the garret 42r to the new efr on his full blown drag integra, way more reliable, less lag, and is capable of more power he loves them and swears byu them and so does geoff the owner of Full race so id say go with that bad larry
              HoodRatStatus
              Instagram @looneylow

Comment

• Dood, your thread is legit, and I will contribute to the store. As for 1500hp mkiv's not being driven on the street? Just one sec...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUmDr7ayg0c"]Andrew's GT47 Supra and Sam's Turbo SC300 Street Fun - YouTube[/ame]

And just for inspiration, 800whp Darin's E85 car from Titan.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIkB6Zl1wc8"]Darin's Supra E85 Street Driving - YouTube[/ame]
                Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion
                Fuck Rotas, I'd rather my wheels not break apart when I drive over a watermelon seed.

Comment

• Don't think I've ever laughed in a build thread (so much or so hard) before.

Tried to buy a shirt for you, no love for New Zealand. PM how to make it happen.

Turbo's proposed are interesting, 800 on an internal gate I would've said was madness, maybe the next best thing..

Comment

• [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cM3ppHwjtk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cM3ppHwjtk[/ame]

Your thread rules the fucking land
                    Flickr

Projects :

1984 W123 300D (Sold)

1999 C43 AMG (no thread..yet)

Comment

• This thread needs moar Emma Stone.

Kthnx.

Comment

• Wish had the time to go through every single page, not a fan of old supras, but this one tickles my pickle :-)
                        now take it home and f*** with it- deftones

Comment

• Stickers and shirt arrived today, very nice stuff. I would model it but no one needs to see that...

Will snap a pic of the sticker on the wagon when my camera gets returned...

Comment

• I love how your build has come along since I joined...
                            unfortunately mine has... stopped

Had to get a shirt to support the cause!
                            - Garrett

@mtm_garrett on Instagram

Comment

• Originally posted by padraigmk3 View Post

The build I'm doing so far is:

Ball Bearing Turbo - Garrett GT4294R/GT4202R (aka GT42R / GT42RS)

hey just another option for you, have you considered a journal bearing version of the same turbo? ive been looking at the same turbo options for my build and have decided to go for the non-bb version. although they're not as 'cool' or popular as ball bearings, from the research ive done, there is no proven peak power gain from equivalent bb turbos, only that they can handle larger boost and they will spool very slightly quicker (which would matter on a honda but not so much on a larger supra engine i imagine?). the main benefits are that they are way cheaper, cheaper and easier to install (no water cooling required) and they are fully rebuildable (unlike bb turbos. its not so much of an issue, as bb tend to last a while, but if you go to sell it, might have an impact on what you can get for the used turbo).

how much boost will you need to run on a GT42 to get 800 crank hp? if it's not 'too' much, id go with the non-bb and put that extra cash toward those sik wheels you're going to build
                              sigpic
                              Midmounted Mazda Minitruck video build thread - www.youtube.com/pimppalacecustoms
                              Build pics and randomness - www.facebook.com/pimppalacecustoms
                              Long term project 340i (Lexus V8 powered e21) http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...highlight=340i

Comment

• It's official. Chicago hates Padraig.

Strictly Pleasure/Zero Clearance/Stretch Your Legs
                                Alex

Comment

Working...
                                X