Chariot of the Damned, Supra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by padraigmk3 View Post
    i'd say half of all the money i spend on parts goes towards shipping, duty, customs and imporation fees.
    ]
    haha you think its bad shipping to canada, try getting US parts sent to New Zealand...

btw, not sure if you've considered this or not but i dont think it would be too hard to get custom lower wishbones made so that you can adjust your camber. if you know a welder and can make a simple jig, you just need a few rod ends and some steel tube and plate (total cost under $200?? plus labour). normally you'd do the tops for something like this, but the bottom arms have bolt-on ball joints (tops are part of the wishbone) and by making bottom ones you can increase the track at the same time (which gives you your camber).

doooo itttttt, you know you want to.

or if you wanna do it quick n nasty, you could use the standard arms and reposition where the lower balljoints attach (plate it and then redrill the holes a bit further out)
    Last edited by 340i; 07-14-2011, 05:14 AM.
    sigpic
    Midmounted Mazda Minitruck video build thread - www.youtube.com/pimppalacecustoms
    Build pics and randomness - www.facebook.com/pimppalacecustoms
    Long term project 340i (Lexus V8 powered e21) http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...highlight=340i

Comment

• looks like money
      LURKIN' WHILE YOU WERE WORKIN'

Comment

• Originally posted by padraigmk3 View Post
        backed. i'd say half of all the money i spend on parts goes towards shipping, duty, customs and imporation fees.
        Funny you should say that.. I just received my raceland coilovers last night 65$ shipping then 103$ duty

Comment

• haha it sounds like someone needs to start bootlegging performance parts into canada...
          sigpic
          Midmounted Mazda Minitruck video build thread - www.youtube.com/pimppalacecustoms
          Build pics and randomness - www.facebook.com/pimppalacecustoms
          Long term project 340i (Lexus V8 powered e21) http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...highlight=340i

Comment

• Its to the point now where I read your thread simply for your hilarity, rather then your car.

Not sayin your car aint badass, Im just sayin.

Originally posted by Kielan
            Well dip me in shit and roll me in breadcrumbs...

Comment

• so.... any updates...
              Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

• loving the matt black. im going for pretty much same look with mine but mine being a turbo-a im keeping the stock black.

Comment

• finally found this car after so much google lol, i love this thing the fitment is insane!

Comment

• Oh. My. God. Went threw all 15 pages did about 45 minutes of reading. Your car is sick. That is all.
                    No switches, Mo' bitches..... @Top_ranks_ejay6 #EKsquad

Comment

• sexy supra, great work

Comment

• OH YOU THOUGHT I WAS DEAD RIGHT?

well since i posted that last video, this is what's been going on:

That's right, a whole lot of SHIT ALL. Since i ripped the turbo oil line out of the pan, the COTD's been sitting in that gravel lot like a paperweight. To get it running again I ordered a new oil pan and it came, along with some new camber bolts and a new R154 shifter bushing (all from driftmotion). I had never replaced the pan on a mk3 before though and i found out some fun facts!

1) the oil pan can't be removed from the bottom end of the 7MGTE without dropping the entire subframe, suspending the engine (which mounts to the subframe) and lifting the car.
                        2) you can also remove the pan by disconnecting the downpipe, harness, all intake piping, hardlines and then raising the engine off it's mounts by 12 inches.

so after thinking about all that work I screamed into a vase for two hours

After that, I figured "fuck this, i'm not going to waste more of my time" and just put it on a flat bed, and sent it to a shop like the little bitch that I am.

I'm glad I got the shop to do it though because I don't have a hoist for the engine and i don't have any place indoors to work. rain and lifted engines don't mix well. Two days later i had it back and running at 18lbs of boost like a champ.

I replaced the loose camber/ toe bolt in the passenger side, so now my rear end doesn't weave while going in a straight line, like niki minaj.

Once i was done that, i decided to strip the rest of the carpet and sound deadening from the front, and begin the nightmare of dealing with the PO's wiring job.

HOLY LIVING FUCK there was some bizzare shit going on in there:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3fE3Zz4Ero"]Chariot Of The Wiring Mess - YouTube[/ame]

That speaker wire was cobbled together out of two foot long pieces joined by electrical tape. What was this guy planning to do? Did he want to be able to drag the doors behind the car while blasting sugar ray? Fucking ridiculous. Worse than that, look how this guy set up the wiring and relay for the turbo timer:

So I was all like:

And then i was like:

But at the end of the day, you gotta suck it up and just relocate that shit to the glovebox and forget it ever existed.

I took a break to get my creep on:

After i stripped the passenger side i primed it and called it a day.

Soon i'll have the brackets and rails for my corbeau seats to go in. Money's tight, what can you do.

I'll leave you guys with this incredible little tidbit of "insane girl syndrome" *

(*the seahorse is a local bar)

DEATHSQUAD OUT.

-Updated 07-29-2013- _ padraig@deathsquad.ca _ _

Comment

• about time this gets updated
                          HoodRatStatus
                          Instagram @looneylow

Comment

• I took a break to get my creep on:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5YyvW1Kk7Q&feature=related"]hollahollaholla - YouTube[/ame]

good to see some progress man.
                            ///M 2.0
                            G60 POWAR... never forget

Comment

• Originally posted by Jersh View Post
                              WWWWWWWWWWAAAAAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHhahahahahahahahahha haah

i am laughing my fucking ass off right now

HOLLAHOLLAOLLALALALLALALAALLALALLALALALAAL

-Updated 07-29-2013- _ padraig@deathsquad.ca _ _

Comment

• I don't get the facebook thing. Way to fuckn turbo by the seahorse? Is she bitching that you made your blow off valve go off next to the bar or something? I are confused

Shift knob goes good with the roll cage. I lol'd from jerry leaving, that's from cye right? Think I saw that episode.
                                Instagram: danimal._
                                Mercedes Build Thread
                                Falcon Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X