No announcement yet.

Chariot of the Damned, Supra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ha. Got some origins off a s14a for next to nothing so i thought ide try it.

This is how it started, i chopped it and measured how much ide need to add, turns out about 9cm, but you also need to trim it where the door will run in line and the lips on the parts that connect to the bodywork, also where it connects to the door shut you need to trim that.

Ive got mine at work all extended and fine looking, i trial fitted them the other day and it fits nice and snug but a couple of little alterations are still needed to make it sit flush to the bodywork.

At the end of the day though mate its better then the tat most places sling out for these old girls.

Comment

• Originally posted by SLAMbert View Post
      Ha. Got some origins off a s14a for next to nothing so i thought ide try it.

This is how it started, i chopped it and measured how much ide need to add, turns out about 9cm, but you also need to trim it where the door will run in line and the lips on the parts that connect to the bodywork, also where it connects to the door shut you need to trim that.

Ive got mine at work all extended and fine looking, i trial fitted them the other day and it fits nice and snug but a couple of little alterations are still needed to make it sit flush to the bodywork.

At the end of the day though mate its better then the tat most places sling out for these old girls.
      OHHHHHHHhhhhhh MMMMmmMMMmmMYYYyYyYyYyYyy GAWD.

i think i'm in love. I am 900% going to rip you off, i hope you're okay with that? I can't believe how good that looks!

I can't believe the garbage people are willing to buy for the MK3. it's a 25+ year old ride, and the best people could come up with is these fucking VIS/VEILSIDE/RICE twat-squirtings?:

MK3 owners wake-the-fuck up ya dum-dums.

-Updated 07-29-2013- _ padraig@deathsquad.ca _ _

Comment

• Originally posted by padraigmk3 View Post
        OHHHHHHHhhhhhh MMMMmmMMMmmMYYYyYyYyYyYyy GAWD.

i think i'm in love. I am 900% going to rip you off, i hope you're okay with that? I can't believe how good that looks!
        Not much i can do to stop ya is there boy your across the pond
        Need any help you know where i am.

Yes thats the kinda shite i was finding and it was all costing actual money which was the most insulting part, actual world renouned currency!

Ill keep you up to date with how and when mine are done.

Comment

• LOL rice kits.. go to shineauto and look at some of the dope shit they have.

ever heard of rodels car?

or upgradedsupras?

maybe tekudus rings a bell?

lol. silly wabbit. flamboyante aerokits are for 240sx's and MKIv supras

Creator of Power, Destroyer of the Average.

89 JZa70 SupraThe Silver bullet.. 850hp or BuST!<-- CLick me.. 2JZ-gte Swapped Billet 7175 ,ID2000's, Twin Disk ORC, JE Pistons, Eagle Rods, CF driveshaft, Volks TE37's, Chasebays Engine Harness, Stance GR+, More..
          Check Out Our Facebook Page.. http://www.facebook.com/TruePerformance

Comment

• thats where i got mine from. best deal i could find, and fast ass shipping.
            smoked corners look sick. warm weather is cooominnngg!
            better get me a passport lol.

Comment

• 1010tire no good?

Comment

• I mean, I'm assuming tire rack either doesn't ship up there or they don't have the tires you're looking for? They usually have really great service whenever i get tires from them.

Car looks great btw, keep it up
                Instagram: danimal._
                Mercedes Build Thread
                Falcon Build Thread

Comment

• your exhaust.

do this:
                  Vibrant Performance is the Source for Professional Fabrication Components with a vast offering of exhaust, fluid delivery, tubing, and silicone parts for custom or modified forced induction applications.

ps love the car.

Comment

• Originally posted by JasonB View Post
                    nice mk3! too many locals here swap up to 1j and 2j's like they are going out of style. I like the blacked out 'vadar' look. nicely done
                    Thanks man! I'm looking to do a 2j swap eventually. i love the 7mgte, but since the mk3 is a heavy car, 300hp doesn't feel quite as insane as it should anymore.

Originally posted by K_shan View Post
                    LOL rice kits.. go to shineauto and look at some of the dope shit they have.
                    ever heard of rodels car?
                    or upgradedsupras?
                    maybe tekudus rings a bell?
                    lol. silly wabbit. flamboyante aerokits are for 240sx's and MKIv supras
                    ]
                    yes, yes, yes, and yes! you're got good taste my friend.

Originally posted by DragginWagon View Post
                    www.tires-easy.com
                    thats where i got mine from. best deal i could find, and fast ass shipping.
                    smoked corners look sick. warm weather is cooominnngg!
                    better get me a passport lol.
                    I'm on there right now. I'll have to just buy them and ship them. They have the best prices, its just that shipping (especially cross border shipping) costs so much, and i'm not close enough to the border to go there to pick it up states-side. also no retailer near me that won't charge an arm and a leg for some reason. that's life i guess.

Originally posted by LronSigh View Post
                    1010tire no good?
                    Thanks for the suggestion but they didn't have the sizes i wanted for the price i was hoping for

Originally posted by HWY HNTR View Post
                    I mean, I'm assuming tire rack either doesn't ship up there or they don't have the tires you're looking for? They usually have really great service whenever i get tires from them.
                    Car looks great btw, keep it up

tire rack does ship up here, but their prices plus shipping is a bit too steep for me.
                    I'm a poor man playing at a rich mans game here haha. Thanks man, i appreciate it.

Originally posted by JPE16 View Post
                    your exhaust.

do this:
                    Vibrant Performance is the Source for Professional Fabrication Components with a vast offering of exhaust, fluid delivery, tubing, and silicone parts for custom or modified forced induction applications.

ps love the car.
                    Agreed, and thank you!

So after two days of letting my tire dude play with them, he wasn't able to mount the 215 35's on. The sidewalls are just too stiff, even popping them with brake cleaner didn't work. Feeling pretty bummed about that. I'm going to order from tires easy. i was hoping to buy an elliptical this month but i guess that's out the window. I've been waiting to get these wheels on forever. it sucks.

Shipping is going to be another $200 on top.

oh well, gotta pay to play.

Comment

• What i did when the tyre didn't fit was, stretch then up a bit before trying to get them on. A few blocks of wood and sitting in front of the heater for a couple of days did the trick...

Comment

• Originally posted by DutchStance View Post
                        What i did when the tyre didn't fit was, stretch then up a bit before trying to get them on. A few blocks of wood and sitting in front of the heater for a couple of days did the trick...
                        That's a great idea. What i did was i took my heat gun, went over the side walls, then pumped the heat right into the inside of the wheel/tire cavity. i did that for awhile until it got nice and warm. put some concrete blocks down, stretched the tire away from the beaded side with weights, filled it with brake cleaner and set it off. i tried this multiple times with different amounts of weight and cleaner but there just wasn't a close enough gap to create the pressure necessary to pop the bead on. in the end i think these tires are too old, worn out, and stiff to stretch on, and i don't have the tools to make it work. also took the tires previously to a guy who spent two days trying to get them on with every method he was aware of, and couldn't make it happen. so the hunt for tires continues.

i cut my hand with an Xacto knife the other day and it was bleeding a lot.

I rubbed the blood on the mk3's supra emblem.

Satanic motor vehicle rituals for the win.

Comment

• hi

Comment

epic.

Comment

• If you have an ox/acetylene torch you can throw some pure oxygen in there with whatever accelerant you're using (starting fluid, carb cleaner, lacquer thinner) and it will pop real nice, just don't blow up your tire...

Brake cleaner has a lot of water in it iirc. I got the best results with lacquer thinner because it's very volatile but doesn't evaporate too quickly, plus, it comes in the biggest container. :P
                              Originally posted by AMGwheelwhore
                              Quitters never stance.

Comment

i cut my hand with an Xacto knife the other day and it was bleeding a lot.

I rubbed the blood on the mk3's supra emblem.

you have no clue..

my vin is MA70-00066602 lol

seems like we should have swapped shells.
                                Creator of Power, Destroyer of the Average.

89 JZa70 SupraThe Silver bullet.. 850hp or BuST!<-- CLick me.. 2JZ-gte Swapped Billet 7175 ,ID2000's, Twin Disk ORC, JE Pistons, Eagle Rods, CF driveshaft, Volks TE37's, Chasebays Engine Harness, Stance GR+, More..
                                Check Out Our Facebook Page.. http://www.facebook.com/TruePerformance

Comment

Working...
                                X