X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BenKoflach View Post

And then the cups - before:

After:

OP, i am currently looking for this kind of solution for my static, and happened to be your car is having one. Is there any info where i can buy this?thanks
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Originally posted by 7elephant View Post
      OP, i am currently looking for this kind of solution for my static, and happened to be your car is having one. Is there any info where i can buy this?thanks

S54 E36 Touring build here: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...t=11730&page=3

Random E36 parts collection for sale - click here!

Comment

• So, that's basically an... add-on airbag to raise your car up to clear obstacles?

How much does this stuff run?

Also, how much is that splitter and where can I get it? If it's significantly cheaper than the MV one, I'd love to pick one up.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
            Also, how much is that splitter and where can I get it? If it's significantly cheaper than the MV one, I'd love to pick one up.
            It was £110 posted off Toddy1981 on the E36coupe forum
            S54 E36 Touring build here: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...t=11730&page=3

Comment

• Greatness

Comment

• Originally posted by BenKoflach View Post
                Thanks a lot !
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Not much of an update, but I haven't been shy in putting the Touring back into hard use. Of course, I'm rather precious about the paint but I won't let it stop me enjoying driving!

Unfortunately my SLR is away at the mo for a spot of repair work (feeling its age) so these are phone snaps.

Thought it looked pretty sweet parked up in Brighton:

And then on Saturday I got to work fitting the most recent arrivals. My front and side indicators were the standard ones, which I'd used Lamin-X to tint, but I wanted new ones. The tint on the fronts was a little too dark for me, and also I kept snagging the edge of the film when cleaning my car - it wasn't my best wrapping work in the first place, so was looking a bit tired!

This is a front:

As you can see, not a brilliant look. though I must say that Lamin-x stuff is mighty hardy!

This is one of the side repeaters, again not my finest work as they're mighty fiddly, and snagging had taken its toll:

So I ordered some light smoked front indicators (supposed to blend with the darkness of the headlights) and some smoked side repeaters. Easy clip on parts

Front indicator, new vs old:

New side repeater:

New vs old:

Unfortunately I didn't get any proper snaps of the new front indicators fitted, I've only got this from something else I was doing (don't ask!):

The front end definitely looks fresher now, and I even like the 'fried egg' look with the smoked indicators. Call me weird, but I do...

Finally, a weekend of spirited driving resulted in my smashed up splitter getting more smashed up and muddy. Had some fun though, that's for sure when I've got a bit more cash I'll be getting a replacement, which along with the Static+ should hopefully stay in one piece.

Comment

• @ the splitter

You shaved it to stock height on the left side

Comment

@ the splitter

You shaved it to stock height on the left side
                      It's now pretty much been worn up to the bumper! Lol

Unfortunately this happened at the weekend -

I was going down a little country road to get to a mates and came across an idiot in a Hyundai. He wouldn't reverse so I had to, a front wheel went down a dip and hey presto, off comes the bumper.

This pic is from me fixing it in the dark on Friday night. Damage was actually minimal, just the clips on the front of it that got broken.

So Saturday I took it apart properly and fixed it up. I had a new brake duct and bumper supports in my boot anyway, as they hadn't arrived in time for RT to fit them, so I piece by piece put it all back together properly. It's now nice and solid, I'm just missing the white release clip for one of the fogs then it's complete.

Comment

• Stuff like that sucks. At least it was nothing major.

Comment

Stuff like that sucks. At least it was nothing major.
                          Quite enjoyed it in the end really, most of the bumper support parts and clips were smashed up anyway, so the bumper is now much more solid and everything is far better screwed together.

Looks like this now - just gotta sort out the fog and it's all good.

Comment

• that splitter, didnt stand a chance
                            -SW|UK-
                            Education - Knowledge - Power
                            insta: @stinkinrich

Comment

• Originally posted by stinkinrich View Post
                              that splitter, didnt stand a chance
                              +1
                              Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication

Comment

• this car car is sex! I want a wagn sooooooo bad!

Comment

Working...
                                X