No announcement yet.

My E36...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking very nice! I dont mind the Rota's really ... whats on the cards next?

Comment

• Thanks for the comments.

Originally posted by nhojyauq View Post
      woww. car looks dope, where do you get that lip and the bar grill for the M front?
      It's the standard grill for a non-M3 M-tech, been on my car since it left the factory. As for the lip, it's a Maxx Velocity replica, there's a guy in the UK that makes them.

I spent the weekend installing my Stance Solutions Static+ kit, which is pretty exciting.

I was going to begin with the cups but figured I'd get the fiddly bits out the way first - namely the wiring and routing of the air lines.

I was kind hoping to fit it in around my spare wheel, but it wasn't really possible, so for now it's in its place.

Pulled the wiring under the rear seat, as well as the air line.

Then under the carpet and under the centre console.

I fed the air line down through the shifter opening, I've still got to feed the rubber bung so all is kept quiet and refined. To be honest I'm not sure this was the best place to feed it, but it works.

I still need to fit the gauge and switch properly but they function, the compressor works and the valve clicks so it seems good to go.

This is how the boot looks - all wired and plumbed in, I just need to hard-mount the compressor then I can tidy it all up.

And then the cups - before:

After:

And here's the lines:

Unfortunately I managed to break that T-piece you can see there when trying to fix a leak. So no Static+ for me just yet, though SS are sending me out a new part and a bit of extra line so I can get it all sorted asap.

Sod's law that that night I smashed my splitter on a level crossing

Anyway, next day I have my car a quick clean and headed off to do some shots, which didn't turn out great - but enjoy!

This is the roof, which was previously filled and wrapped badly.

Last edited by BenKoflach; 02-27-2012, 04:36 AM.
      S54 E36 Touring build here: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...t=11730&page=3

Random E36 parts collection for sale - click here!

Comment

• eeeek at the splitter! Kind of inevitable though man lol.

Great work otherwise, cant wait to see new lows
        -SW|UK-
        Education - Knowledge - Power
        insta: @stinkinrich

Comment

• I want a splitter to beat up, too.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
            I want a splitter to beat up, too.
            Uurgh, it's not fun! Lol

S54 E36 Touring build here: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...t=11730&page=3

Comment

• look great, i even contact SS to enquire on the kit, hopefully its a cheaper solution than airbags for now and will allow me to go over speed humps and steep driveways without scraping.

wagon looks sweet tho.

Flickr

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacko_162 View Post
                look great, i even contact SS to enquire on the kit, hopefully its a cheaper solution than airbags for now and will allow me to go over speed humps and steep driveways without scraping.

wagon looks sweet tho.
                Yeah man. If you're bothered about handling like I am (to an extent, not to the point where I'll run it higher!) the kit is awesome too, as the coils remain unchanged when you're dumped. I have speedbumps down my road (hence the splitter being even more destroyed now) so I need a little help.

Comment

• Clean that god damn exhaust already !

Comment

• Originally posted by Jorge View Post
                    Clean that god damn exhaust already !
                    I want rid of the exhaust, I **** it!

Comment

• Ouch! That'll teach you for bragging about lip height

Comment

• whos the guy who makes those mv splitter reps? i want one so bad but couldnt find anywhere in the uk that does em. also... i want that STATIC+ KIT

Comment

• just been reading about thos static+ kit. im so getting one of those.

Comment

• Looks great, Ben! Doesn't look too bad with the Rotas.

Comment

• very nice so far !

is this the deluxe kit ? or is in the standart kit the compressor included ?!

Comment

• ben,

i think i have same problem with speed humps etc, although im also concerned about the rears, i am wondering if i drop the front and rear and fit the static+ kit if i can still manage speed humps etc. i think most of my catching is the exhaust and front end (under car) that hits everything.

Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X