1995 e320 (hwy hntr)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FLYNAVY View Post
    Sick w124! Seriously though, what is up with the trucker antenna? Monos were an awesome choice....always look so good on these cars. That last pic makes me think how nice a brabus muff would look, the old school w124/r129 dual tipped angled style. Anyway, good work, looks like a fun roadtrip!
    you mean trucker antenna(s)

have any idea where I may be able to find me one of these Brabus mufflers

and bump I got a flat so now I'm running on my CLK LTW's gotta order another tire...
    Instagram: danimal._
    Mercedes Build Thread
    Falcon Build Thread

Comment

damn that antena is gorgeous. get that rack in the mail yet?

Comment

haha ya I got it, been waiting til after school to put it in, so it's sitting there in the box still They shipped it relatively fast, want to do a shoot with it on next week, may get some of my friends together for an all roof rack shoot
        Mercedes Build Thread
        Falcon Build Thread

Comment

very nice sir! i look forward to seeing it

Comment

anyways, gots me roof rack in, and I already broke it luckily my brother is pretty mechanically inclined and helped me fix it. Imma take some pics tonight when it's lit up

also got me hoodie in, woot!

Mercedes Build Thread
            Falcon Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by votex29 View Post
              whats the info on that motor? i'm not familiar at all with mercedes.
              I just pulled out my Preliminary service manual booklet that a friend gave to me from a service adviser at a Mercedes dealership and in it it explains all the differences from a C36 to a C280 (the model the car is based off of) in terms of engine, body, interior, wheels, etc. so I decided to write the differences from a C280 because I forgot how interesting it is...that Iand I won't really have any real updates till tomorrow.

Engine Differences from a C280:
              1. Cylinder bore increased, cylinder head reworked
              2. Cylinder head gasket modified to accommodate increased bore
              3. Crankshaft with longer stroke
              4. Pistons were shortened and lightened
              5. Modified connecting rods
              6. Modified intake camshaft
              7. Camshaft adjuster with limited adjustment range. Exhaust Duration Changed
              8. New engine control module (HFM-SFI)
              9. New diagnostic module (OBD II) (don't really get this as I thought the C280 used OBDII...maybe not the early ones?
              10. Air cleaner with dual intake openings for increase air supply
              11. Cross section of intake manifold increased
              12. Modified oil deflector shield and oil spray nozzles

the booklet is pretty sick it even goes into more detail later on about all the modifications, for instance the pistons are forged aluminum...pretty interesting I thought.

Well there you go, a little update tomorrow about some wheels in the works
              Mercedes Build Thread
              Falcon Build Thread

Comment

well, I was gonna wait and save these as a surprise, but it looks like I won't be able to use them. Plans were to refurbish them in a polish, but I've noticed that this one wheel has the dreaded cracks that these OZ wheels are known for. I've emailed rotiform to see what they think about it, but as far as what everyone says on the internet they are not repairable, sux, but let's see what rotiform says I guess.

what a shame
                Mercedes Build Thread
                Falcon Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by HWY HNTR View Post
                  well, I was gonna wait and save these as a surprise, but it looks like I won't be able to use them. Plans were to refurbish them in a polish, but I've noticed that this one wheel has the dreaded cracks that these OZ wheels are known for. I've emailed rotiform to see what they think about it, but as far as what everyone says on the internet they are not repairable, sux, but let's see what rotiform says I guess.

what a shame
                  damn dude that is such a bummer!
                  1990 Mercedes 300CE- 24 valve

Comment

even more bad news, my car was involved in an accident, lady admitted fault, but pretty sure the insurance company is going to total it because parts are so expensive for these older Mercedes. really sucks too, I felt so bad when it was getting towed off.

=,(
                    Mercedes Build Thread
                    Falcon Build Thread

Comment

That really sucks man, car is nice as hell. Keep us updated on what happens to her.

My build thread>http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=31670

Sparkin CB7

Comment

awwwwww maaaaaan i hope she will be ok, i really like this car! let us know the verdict on those wheels, those are sick
                        *CLICKY*add us on the facebook
                        blog www.gotoelevens.blogspot.com *** www.AceUpMotorsports.com ***www.azdriven.com board sponser

Comment

Oh no!
                          Not the turbodiesel fender!
                          I know how you feel, I got into an accident with an old handicapped guy a few weeks back in my m104 swapped W201 that was full of rare goodies. It's definitely a sad sight.

Comment

this is a crime. really sorry to see this happen.

-Updated 07-29-2013- _ padraig@deathsquad.ca _ _

Comment

damn dude sorry for your loss. sucks so bad!
                              1990 Mercedes 300CE- 24 valve

Comment

Originally posted by brsteinbach View Post
                                That really sucks man, car is nice as hell. Keep us updated on what happens to her.
                                thanks for the compliment and ya I will keep you guys and stanceworks updated

Originally posted by hypercrush View Post
                                awwwwww maaaaaan i hope she will be ok, i really like this car! let us know the verdict on those wheels, those are sick
                                I know it's soo sad =( I'll let you know about the wheels.
                                Originally posted by isved View Post
                                Oh no!
                                Not the turbodiesel fender!
                                I know how you feel, I got into an accident with an old handicapped guy a few weeks back in my m104 swapped W201 that was full of rare goodies. It's definitely a sad sight.
                                I know right! my luck the lady hits the diesel fender and not the normal fender, FML -_-

Originally posted by padraigmk3 View Post
                                this is a crime. really sorry to see this happen.
                                I know, FML x2 -_-*
                                Originally posted by conski View Post
                                damn dude sorry for your loss. sucks so bad!

as an update, just got the hood to open, and the whole front end is SMOOSHED onto the engine...so my AMG motor may need some parts fixed on it as well.... -_-*

If the car does end up being totaled I'm trying to weigh my options of transferring my 3.6 stuff into another vehicle. I'm deciding between a w201 or a 94-95 w124 coupe...not sure yet which one, cause, there is a lot of damage under there...
                                Mercedes Build Thread
                                Falcon Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X