No announcement yet.

hakhawks cosmos e36 coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love the look of those. Like massively in love! 18s look huge but being 18s means engine won't be massively overworking like if they were 19s.

Fronts sit bang on. Rears need like 15-20mm spacer and I think matchin Tyres like 215/35s all round.

Mirror look ok, no better or worse. Oem m3 would look better I think. Just my 2p.

Mex

Originally posted by Geoff.T
    E36 owners. Take note on how its done from the Mexican or see main page.
    MexicanFabEFFSIXTWO
    Instagram:MexicanFab
    YouTube Vlog. Go watch!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mexican View Post
      Love the look of those. Like massively in love! 18s look huge but being 18s means engine won't be massively overworking like if they were 19s.

Fronts sit bang on. Rears need like 15-20mm spacer and I think matchin Tyres like 215/35s all round.

Mirror look ok, no better or worse. Oem m3 would look better I think. Just my 2p.

Mex
      yeh, still havent touched the wheels :p i dont midn the m3 mirrors, but wasnt overly keen on em.

so cars been feeling a little weird over bumps lately, knew bushes were on the list of things to freshen up, but workmates spotted the front wheels moving a decent amount when i hit the brakes, jumped under the car and sure enough the rear control arm bush was ratshit. ordered in a set of superpro competition offset caster bushes and threw them in today, so far in the short drive ive done today, it feels better.

didnt take pics of the process, but it was fairly easy, i grabbed a pic of a bush on the car before

and 2 random shots of the car in the driveway

edit: ps. got some new euro style plates, was hoping to have different surrounds for them before pics, but theyre still not here(come from uk, no one in aus does any good ones, ones on there are chunky as)

Comment

• took the car for a drive today, and explored some places the car really shouldnt go :p

few shots

more here http://www.flickr.com/photos/hakhawk...7627588632068/

Comment

• that looks awsome man !

Comment

• I <3 your ride! Can't wait to see how is gonna be with the other set of wheels

Comment

• I like!

Comment

• so some bits turned up today, some new trims, seals, clips, badges, new lower grille, tensioner and pulleys and a jack pad, so i can use a trolley jack without the need for a stack of 2x4s.

Comment

• so today i threw the new pulleys, tensioner, belts and badges on. old ones were all ratshit!!

then i attacked the gutter rash on the 18s. its not completely gone, but the worst is the one wheel that was rashed pretty hard most of the way around. they are daily wheels, so effort was not used.

i then started spraybombing them with some vht wheel paint: chev rally silver. need to clean up some runs tomorrow, then whack on another coat or 2.

worst wheel(can still see some grooves from the rash)

then i have to sort out the center caps, they all need sanding, i ripped the badges off them today, will buy some new ones off ebay, but i broke one cap when i test fitted wheels, so finding out if genuine ones are same size, and might buy one off ebay.

Comment

• ok, wheels done. might get another can from work and do some more on the inner side of the barrels if i cbf.

before shot

after(sans bmw logos, gonna grab a set off ebay tonight)

close up of one wheel with cap in place

and the broken cap that i plastic welded back together, see how it holds up for now

Comment

• Awesome man, those wheels are sick!

Comment

• tyres are on, center caps have new badges, and spacers are here. just waiting on longer wheel bolts and hubcentric rings for the front

Comment

• This will look nice
                          - '89 E30 M-Tech 2
                          - '10 TT RS
                          - '13 A3 SB

Comment

• teaser shot, try and get some good photos this weekend

Comment

• couple crappy phone shots in the workshop at work, crappy weather and no jobs makes hak a bored boy

didnt get any photos on the weekend, weather was just as crap

Comment

• I like the 18's because I'm an OEM fan. Your progress makes me think I need to get moving on my car.

Comment

Working...
                                X