hakhawks cosmos e36 coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice recover it with what material?

im from melbourne but moved over to california. im back in oz in 2 weeks for a visit. cant wait. i could tell that your car was from aus without even seeing the plates. must be the trees

Comment

haha nice, probably just black faux suede for now, do the pillar covers aswell

Comment

put some new rear springs in today, ones that came with the coilovers were way too soft, scrubbed at the sight of a decent bump

had to take the adjusters out, turns out the old springs compressed a fair bit with the weight of the car, these, not so much will work out some properly valved shocks when these flog out

Last edited by hakhawk; 06-15-2011, 05:49 AM.

Comment

old man has been cleaning up my calipers(has sandblasting cabinet at work), he finished fronts today, still playing with rears.

just have to get the mounts machined to suit non m3 hubs

will give em a lick of paint(not sure what yet, black, silver or grey) and whack a seal kit through them

Comment

whats the plans for the callipers mate?
            you planning on machining them so they work with your standard disks? (286mm)

just wandering why you didnt do the full hub swap to use the bigger m3 discs (315mm)

or to save the hassle of swapping hubs i've just converted mine to the e46 330ci brakes
            (325mm) and thats a simple bolt on upgrade!

GIVING STANCE A CHANCE!

Comment

going e46 m3 rotors, and machining the caliper mount brackets to line up the rotor. didnt feel like trying to source m3 hubs. can get my mate to machine the brackets for next to nothing for me.

was going to go 330ci, but finding calipers was proving difficult, i picked up a set of m3 front rotors and 325i rears for cheap(going the e46 325i vented rears aswell), so went that route
              Last edited by hakhawk; 06-15-2011, 04:20 PM.

Comment

lookin good mate, what kg are the new rear springs

Comment

Originally posted by lowe View Post
                  lookin good mate, what kg are the new rear springs
                  went for 900lb(which i think is about 16kg), same as the SW coilovers. so far better ride, less scrubbage, but still hits on decent bumps, need to do some more guard clearancing on the inside.

Comment

Love your car
                    My estoril e36

Instagram: halvorzor

Comment

• Coming along nicely.

Comment

• lazy weekend this weekend, material for roof lining sent wasnt what i wanted, so gotta find more sometime. looks like ill be rockin the sw melb meet with no rooflining

but i did score a wiring loom from my mate whose senator i helped do a t56 swap into a few weeks back.

so i started attacking that last night

heres where its at, removed all the wires not needed, and rerouted anything i do need. just have to add some wires back in for the t56 bits, and some sensors for the dash

and the pile of stuff removed, mostly auto, traction control and some aircon wires.

now i need to find a spare bmw loom i can hack up and merge the 2 together

Comment

• muffler went on today, also had the pissy 2" pipe on the rear section replaced to match the rest of the exhaust. gotta love a non leaky exhaust!!

only pic for now

Comment

• i threw some paint on the calipers last weekend, and painted the ///M logo on the fronts today

still have to send the front brackets to my mate for machining

Comment

• got some of my trims done today

Comment

• Pillars are looking good sir! How does that stuff stretch around the corners? I wrapped my ABC pillars in some pretty stretchy fabric back when i had my golf and it still was quite a pain in the ass...im currently thinking about doing my headline with black suede so any info would be greatly appreciated!
                                slamburglars.com

Comment

Working...
                                X