hakhawks cosmos e36 coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im loving the bonnet vents, this is a slick coupe. Nice job sir

BMW E36 Touring Sport - http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=76178
    Instagram: @Vish399

Comment

• I love everything about this build. The car sits so aggressive and I wish the e36's came with those fenders right from the factory

Comment

• daaaaaaaaammmmmmmnmnnnnnnnn

https://stanceworks.com/forums/showt...t-tt-for-long)

Comment

• so i bought a thing

and another thing(which i proceeded to modify the same day)

and a few pics of progress.

Comment

• Wow, you muat drool everytime you walk into that rod shop....ill take the Monaro please....

Comment

• haha ive only been there once so far!! the cars about 2 hours away from me, so visits are rare

primer day!!!

bootlid got sprayed yesterday

getting closer to being done for the second time

Comment

• very nice work on those felonys, perfectly done.

but for me it just don't works with those wayyyyy to big wheels

Comment

• Originally posted by WhiteLove View Post
                  very nice work on those felonys, perfectly done.

but for me it just don't works with those wayyyyy to big wheels
                  i assume you mean the tyres, considering the wheels are only 17s?

Comment

• finally have the car back!! today was spent reinstalling parts and installing some new parts.

installed a new rear diffuser, had to trim it a bit to clear the rear muffler

mmmmm paint

went out for a few photos, then after parking it at home, it decided in typical e36 fashion to break the door lock mechanism. so in order to fix that i had to remove most of the window and door lock parts in the car, which gave me the opportunity to replace the window rail with a better condition spare, and door latch. blessing in disguise one would almost say LOL

anyway, have some crappy iphone pics

Comment

• So good. So damn good. That diffuser looks amazing!
                      IG: @sebastienaudeon
                      1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
                      *pats Sebs head*
                      there there.
                      keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

• Your car looks amazing
                        KMK Fotografie

Comment

• today i decided to tackle my diff cover leak, and installing my spherical rtab's.

jacked the car up, by the time i came out of the shed with a drain tray, it had decided to start raining... YAY!! silly victorian weather, it lasted about 10 minutes but didnt stop me crawling under the car and dumping the diff oil

didnt take many pics, so ill fast forward.

diff cover off, and not a single trace of gaskt or rtv apart from around the outside where id smeared some a couple years ago to try and stop to extremely slow leak.

testament to bmw's machining process, ive done over 50,000k since i put the diff in, and its not been enough to leak onto the ground until recently(considering its been sitting at panel shops for ~7 months all up, im not surprised)

for some reason when it was built, the diff guys didnt put anything on. lazy/forgetful/whatever, but i gave the cover a clean and threw some rtv on it. tiny amount of metal on the speedo sensor, but everything else nice and clean, no noticable wear on the gearset, so should be all good

and back in the car, didnt bother completely removing the sway bar(not enough room to remove it without dropping exhaust). i smooshed some more grease on the mount bushes, which looked in good condition still and bolted everyhign back up

while i let the rtv set, i got into the rtabs. of course i still havent bought a removal tool for these, so out with the threaded rod and assortment of plates and sockets. i do have several rather large sockets that work to pull the bush into, but seeing im moving interstate soon, most things are packed.

threw the new rtab's in the freezer for a bit to shrink them, didnt really help, these are a super tight fit!!

and thats all for pics of install. took some effort to get them in, but got there with help of the rattle gun and some alloy plate(was bending the steel plates)

took it for a squirt and the car feels good. i did mark the rtab pockets before removal, and lined them back up as best i could, but will still take it in for an alignment

instead have a couple pics i took when i went for a drive last week. have since reinstalled the boot badge and my roof spoiler, and you'll notice i now have 35% tint all round too

i absolutely love how the car sits now, height is pretty much spot on and i wont be changing it.

Comment

• slowly getting all the trims and bits and pieces sorted on this. still lots to do, ill never be fully satisfied lol

interior is pretty much back together, missing a couple plastic bits ill have to scrounge next wreckers run or next order.

finally installed the clips for the rear sunvisor. still need to clean the insides of all the vents, and get new front seatbelts oneday, theyre getting a bit tatty

weighed the car at work, bit more level surface, still not exact though, need to set up laser levels

44l fuel, full interior, stereo, etc. bodykit, foler stainless mid exhaust and supersprint rear. not bad considering i havent done any active weight reduction

not sue if front left weight is because not level or something else

3d printed some covers for the nuts on the strut brace using TPU, awesome stuff!! ill see how it goes with one cover seeing sunlight. they take 20mins to print, so not a problem if they dont last

still need to do more cleaning and wiping bogdust out of the engine bay, stuff gets everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!

got factory cruise installed using a 328 cable, so i could hide it instead of it draping over the strut tower like stock. works well, but is a bit agressive on the decel, which ill assume is because of the itb's

and had my workmate give it a quick polish and wax for me

the colour is amazing, but so hard to get nice photos of. needs just the right light

Comment

• Car is looking great man. Love how far its come.

What strut brace is that? Looks nice.

Comment

• It is crazy going through your thread from the start. Car is looking amazing man, def one of my favorite E36's of all time.

@projects_always

Comment

Working...
                                X