• Show
Clear All

• Such clean.
    IG: @sebastienaudeon
    1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
    *pats Sebs head*
    there there.
    keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

• so while seats were out and i had a bit more leg room, today i decided to replace the strips under the vent windows, because the old ones were baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. i also replaced the seals in the vent window area, same deal with them. shouldnt get any water past it when washign the car now :p

while doing the left hand side(which is where a previous quarter repair has been done and needs to be fixed in due course), i found some surface rust where its been welded. will be grinding those welds down and inspecting/fixing before proper paint.

so for now, mask it all up, treat with some rust converter, and throw some paint on it all

didnt take pics of the end result, but it was just black :p i then installed the new seals and strips on both sides, these now match the strips i installed on the doors the other day.

i finally bought a new lock set, seeing as the car was one key for drivers door, one for ignition, glovebox and boot, and none for passengers door. i ran the gauntlet and relied solely on central locking to unlock the doors, and only carried the ignition key!!

today i replaced the ignition, boot and glovebox locks, just need to do doors now. i never noticed how much black paint was missing off the old ignition lock

after all that was done, i reinstalled the seats and the rest of the interior. organising a set of floor mats to keep this carpet as good as i can for as long as i can now.

random pics

Comment

• had a play with the intake piping on the charger today, should work pretty damn well

the 180deg bend landed pretty much bang on where i want it to

it needs to be on an angle to clear the strut tower, think ill cut the pipe and reweld, so i can use a straight hose joiner right off the charger.

then i went crazy and attacked the compressor housing with a hacksaw!!!!!!!!!

so i can have a new outlet welded on, because the one that was on there hit the strut tower because of the angle. its all about clearances, as i want to massage as little of the bodywork as possible

Comment

• I'm here like:

" it's a 318is .

i'm just missing the S50, that's like double of the horsepower it used to have, and a supercharger, like it wasn't enough already. "

and then i'm like:

and a couple wheels, deep black paint, and some aero ...
          and a subframe
          ... and tiny other bits ...

Oh and those Vaders ! "

And then i'm like:

f*ck you

That's really serious stuff. I love it.

Then i look at my M42 ( like the one you used to have, remember it? )

me as of now:

Serious top work mate. now let me go to the corner of the room and cry.

Comment

• ^mad post, cheers dude(forgot to reply when i first saw it)

so when i got my car, i got 2 keys with it, one did the drivers door, other did the ignition and boot. i had none for passengers door. ive relied on remote central locking to get into the car to save having 2 identical keys to choose from every time i started it. risky, but i neger got caught out!!

finally bit the bullet and ordered a set of new keys and locks for the whole car, which also replaced the worn/broken drivers door handle.

at the same time i retrofitted my motorsport handles that ive had for about 12 months

and i splashed out on a bit of rice for the interior in the form of porsche RS style door pull straps

aaand random workshop shot i took the other day

Comment

• so i went for a drive today to collect a replacement window motor, after taking the seller for a drive in the car, we pulled up at his house, and the top rad hose felt the need to relieve itself all over the headlight and bumper.

replaced the hose clamp, filled it back up and threw a spare rad cap on that he had, and it was fine on the drive home, so ill be ordering a new rad cap from work and check over things tomorrow

so now, heres some photos that ARENT from my iphone for a change. theyre straight from a fuji finepix s5600.

cars filthy, stupid shitty weather.

Comment

• Love it man, looks beautiful. Can't wait to actually see it in person one day.
                IG: @sebastienaudeon
                1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
                *pats Sebs head*
                there there.
                keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

• ^cheers, will have to make sure i actually get my ass to a GC night sometime when you're in melbs

so turns out i popped an endtank on the radiator aswell. looks like its leaking when not under pressure, so new one on order through work.

i have to say, this is really the first time the cars failed on me, and its (hopefully) because i failed to replace the radiator cap when i did the swap in the first place, which put extra pressure on the radiator hose/clamp

so, lets use this time while the bumper and radiators off to test fit some intercooler piping

the 180 bends fit nicely, need to cut the wheel arch plastic a bit, and make sure the tyre wont rub later on(feels like enough space)

then straight pipe behind radiator, clearing power steering lines easily enough, then up to the outlet. im going to move the fan over to other side for more pipe clearance.

inlet looks to fit reasonably well, it may need a bit of massaging towards the bottom, just for that bit of reassurance. clears the oil cooler hoses nicely.

and will bolt to MAF sensor and pod filter behind bumper.

cooler outlet should work well, slipping through between the swaybar and steering rack. will need to be super certain everything has enough space at full lock here.

then hopefully up and to the plenum. main bit here is making sure it clears the charger inlet pipe.

random shot showing clearance to oil and ps cooler. hopefully with ducting they shouldnt be affected too much with the intercooler in front

and some more clearancing of the secondary bonnet catch, after welding the brackets, the intercooler moved from where my original testing position was.

and ive ordered some alloy pipe so i can cut up my top rad hose and modify it to give clearance for the extra supercharger pulley. thought might as well while its all off. im going to keep a new hose spare for "just in case"

so now i get to smash around in dads kia 4x4 until parts are here and i get her fixed

Comment

• so far so good on the new rad and bits, still waiting for the temp switch, so just been flicking the fans on manually at low speeds or parked.

replaced my front control arm bushes today with SLRSPEED adjustable delrin jobbies, allowed me to dial in some more caster, and remove the slight braking shimmy i had, which i was either putting down to the bushes(which i replaced a couple years ago with superpro) or pad deposits on the brake rotors.

this is them. i also got a set of replacement inserts at the same time, mainly to save a bit on postage.

and one of them installed, took no time to remove the old ones and install. will need to take it in for an alignment and see how much caster i gained, as i still have a light pull to the left from when i replaced the tie rod ends

the highway drive home today was much better than previously, few hard brakes from 110km/h to 80 felt great, only had slight braking shimmy at one point, which was probably more the shitty road surface, but ill see how it goes on the drive home from work, which i tend to know where its good and bad.

more feedback through the steering wheel, feels more direct so far, bumps in the road dont seem any worse than before, no noticable new noises.

all in all, im happy with the upgrade, next week(hopefully) i replace some exhaust mounts and rubbers, which i have found out dont last overly long. main one i cant wait for is the exhaust mid brace, which i dodgied up during thw swap, as i didnt know at the time that the 4cyl one is different to 6cyl and didnt have time to source another, so the modified one is a bitch to get lined up nicely.

random pic from other day

Comment

• I need those door pull straps in my life. Good work I love the thread

Comment

• Seriously impressed with the amount of work going into this. It's great to see someone getting in and getting their hands dirty, even if the engine transplant and now supercharger conversion does makes me quite envious

Care to share where you got the RS style door pulls? I've had the want for a pair for a seriously long time but never got round to it, yours look top!

E36 318iS Clubsport : Build thread coming soon

Comment

• got them from hardmotorsport, my drivers one is a bit average, but its because of the door catch mechanism. need to get another one oneday

Comment

• I would love to see a full shoot of this thing, hi-res images of all the detailed mods you've done.

Comment

• Just read through the entire thread. At first I thought "oh cool, a 318. Maybe they went through a bunch of different wheels." Glad I actually read through as this is one hell of a build. Awesome work and can't wait to see the S/C wrapped up.

I/G: DeltaAlpha9

Comment

• i reckon theres a few people who read the first few pages and give up thinking its just gonna be another 318 dropped on a set of wheels(which it was at one point :p)

i really cant wait to get the charger on, but im making sure everything is spot on before hand, will keep my mind at ease then :p

received and installed the temp switch for thermofan yesterday, works a treat again!!

another parts order arrived today

amongst it we have a new mid brace for exhaust, to replace the dodgied up 4cyl one when i did the swap, and new mid and rear hangers(fair sure the rears are shot)

then theres a mechanical belt tensioner to replace the hydraulic one, the mech one seems to be the goto for supercharged cars.

some fuel tank lid seals, i doubt theyve ever been done, and i need to sort out another pump to fix a fuel starvation issue thats common on the e36 when fuel level is low.

and a new ///M logo lighted keyhead for my new key, just coz. i'll probably end up doing an led swap on it, and it needs a new battery(probably been sitting on the shelf for god knows how many years)

Comment

Working...
                                X