No announcement yet.

hakhawks cosmos e36 coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• throttlebodies cleaned(mostly) and installed, put some new hoses on, getting there

cleaned up exhaust flange faces, gotta clean up studs and put them back in

and put new grommets on the rocker cover bolts, which is all painted up

Comment

• bit more work today, cleaned up and mounted the trumpets and nuts, test fit for the hell of it. think theyll install easier inside the plenum first.

finished stripping the crusty paint off the plenum

then proceeded to paint it. theres a couple runs, but theyre in places you wont see

and started cleaning and installing the exhaust manifold studs. no pic of that though :p

Comment

• finally got all the exhaust studs cleaned and reinstalled, 15 years or so of crappy uk weather had the brass/copper/whatever nuts melt themselves into the top 3 or so threads, making it impossible to get new nuts on. wire wheel wouldnt take it out, so had to run a die over all of them.

mocked up the plenum to setup the trumpets and rubber boots, bolted on the throttle cable bracket, alternator and oil cooler lines, which i have to loop for now, because the oil cooler i received had a hole in it, going to buy a new one, but motor will be in before i get it.

and threw the rocker cover on for a quick photo :p

Comment

• Looking good bro! Want to see more!
          Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication

Comment

• stock oil pump on, will swap to the better one when the guy sorts out a replacement for me. bit of a pain, but i cant wait for him, and the stock pump works fine.

then bolted the sump on, rocker cover, and the crank pulley/trigger wheel

next is cleaning down all the plugs on the wiring harness while i wait for the new engine mount to come in before i can bolt the power steering pump and some other bits in.

Comment

• and so it begins(excuse the dreadful pics, iphone didnt seem to like the lack of light outside when i took them)

need to work out bonnet cable, then radiator support can get thrown out of the way. think i might leave aircon off, the cendenser is fkn heavy!!

all sat back up in place so 1. the pup cant chew shit, and 2. i dont stretch the bonnet cable. will get stuck into it tomorrow

Comment

• motors just about ready to come out, gotta pull driveshaft and undo the trans and engine mounts, and the fuel line... i think

kinda good i have to get into this area, needs one hell of a clean. looks like it hasnt started to rust yet, but its chockers full of leaves and dirt

and the old exhaust out

Comment

• cleaned and installed the wiring harness today. still got a couple things to plug in, but cant until gearbox and plenum is on.

and i just realised ive got the drivers side engine mount bracket upside down LOL. better fix that tomorrow

Comment

• Great work!!!
                    '09 VW Golf MK6 2.0 TDI DSG
                    R lookalike

Comment

• ....rhd.... lovin it

Comment

• loving this... great work

also, I sent you a PM, thanks.

Comment

• motors out, engine bays as clean as itll get without stripping everything out. id suggest to anyone with an e36 to rip the wiper cowling off and clean aroud the heaterbox/fan area. mine was chockers with leaves and dirt, and the 3 drains were blocked.

ive already put the m3 heater tap setup in, it has to be changed at the firewall aswell, so the pipes clear the motor.

pulled the front subframe out, so i can weld in the VAC reinforcement plates. be silly not to.

threw some paint on the spot where i took the power steering res bracket off the rail and threw the bonnet down to come inside for refreshments. this weather is on and off today, such a pain.

Comment

• not a huge amount done today, but progress is progress. should get motor in tomorrow.

got the subframe reinforcement plates all welded up and threw a lick of paint on it

then bolted it back in, and bolted the control arms back up.

also bolted some more bits onto the motor, new fuel filter, replaced the center bearing on the tailshaft, replaced a few things on the gearbox. motor should go in tomorrow

Comment

• replaced the spigot bearing, installed flywheel and clutch, and mounted the gearbox. just gotta do up a couple more bolts after lunch and put the starter on, then into the car it goes

Comment

• just come inside. motors in

been bolting bits and pieces up. gotta sort out exhaust, charcoal canister, swaybar clearance, and a few other things. hopefully have it all sorted tomorrow, i wanna drive it!!

Comment

Working...
                                X