No announcement yet.

Rusty's Build Thread [250+ photos]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost for words. Absolutely love the car and appreciate all the effort. Definitely inspirational
    @issa_shu - @issa_yas

Comment

• Originally posted by MParallel View Post
      Engine punched out to 3.7 litres? Ok so its base is the S38B35 or B36.

Guess the B38 is harder to get. Still awesome though.

How large are the rear wheels? I have no clue because of that giant lip.
      19x14.5 according to the home page

Comment

• Not even a tiny S/W livery?

Comment

• Originally posted by KFC ONE View Post
          Not even a tiny S/W livery?

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxer View Post
            Cars been unveiled for 5 hours after a 4 year build and there are already critics......

So tempted to ban you right now...

so nobody is allowed to criticize anything about it ?

i love this built more then everything, just the rear wheels are not my thing ^^

this car is the reason why i started this hobby and changed my whole life for it <3

Comment

• I need more pictures of it, curious to see what it's like with the doors open.
              Still can't get over it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mehowski View Post
                I need more pictures of it, curious to see what it's like with the doors open.
                Still can't get over it.

https://vk.com/y200yk23rus
                https://instagram.com/y200yk/

Comment

• I can't say that I'm a fan of the step lips or a big 19" wheel with a tiny tire out back. That is my only criticism of this entire car. I cannot deny how incredible the work and dedication is behind this car. It's awesome to see what can happen when you don't give up on your dreams, building something completely unique to your own tastes and desires, regardless of setbacks.

I am personally most excited to see it on a track, with the S38 getting the shit kicked out of it.
                  1986 BMW 528e - Delphin Grey - 5spd
                  1986 Toyota Cressida - Dark Blue Metallic - 1JZ VVTI swap, AR5 transmission
                  1990 Honda Civic Wagon - Rio Red - Daily Driver
                  Instagram: @kibur

Comment

• Originally posted by kibur View Post
                    I can't say that I'm a fan of the step lips or a big 19" wheel with a tiny tire out back. That is my only criticism of this entire car.
                    That's actually pretty consistent with the Group 5 style they were going for.

Comment

• Originally posted by cardoza View Post
                      That's actually pretty consistent with the Group 5 style they were going for.

I get that, but I can only hope a smaller wheel/bigger tire will be interchanged for track usage. I absolutely love how the front wheels and meaty fitment look.
                      1986 BMW 528e - Delphin Grey - 5spd
                      1986 Toyota Cressida - Dark Blue Metallic - 1JZ VVTI swap, AR5 transmission
                      1990 Honda Civic Wagon - Rio Red - Daily Driver
                      Instagram: @kibur

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxer View Post
                        Cars been unveiled for 5 hours after a 4 year build and there are already critics......

So tempted to ban you right now...
                        Glad you didint, that would make you a bad mod.

This car was build to receive critics. Good or bad. Want to hear mine? doesnt matter.

I am dissapointed. While the car in general is awesome, I expected a new finish on it but it's still the old airplane look. And that step up lip? Now that just look silly. I prefered the older version (just before the fire) a lot more than this version of rusty. The whole race car look dont realy match the theme I think as this was clearly never an intended race car. But oh well rusty has always provoked strong reaction, and it still deliver.

I'm so harsh because I've seen the older rusty. Taken out of context, if I had never seen the old one, I would have drooled all over the place (except for the step up lip). I'm glad mike is building such wild car for all of us to appreciate and although I critisize it, I enjoy it more than most I'm sure.

Also, I'd like to see more picture of the interior as we can't see many I want to see whats going on in there. And just a funny thought, I wonder if this car still have 1 original part on it. Goes to say the work thats been into it.
                        Last edited by Meeve; 11-03-2015, 05:06 PM.
                        Ruining cars since 2006 yo

Comment

• This version > Previous versions by a country mile.

Would I like to see a non-rusted livery? Yes. But I still think this is wonderful.

Comment

• To make it easier to tell the story of rusty, I've compiled this.
                            Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Last edited by zumjosh; 11-05-2015, 11:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by gbaby2089 View Post
                              Would I like to see a non-rusted livery?
                              Wouldn't Rusty not be Rusty if he wasn't rusty?
                              -Christian.

'91 318iS AW2/blk slow garage queen/build...
                              '02 ///M3 carbonschwartz 6MT daily beast
                              '37 Chevy pickup-garagequeen...

Comment

• The Internet has well and truly been broken once again.
                                IG: @sebastienaudeon
                                1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
                                *pats Sebs head*
                                there there.
                                keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

Working...
                                X