No announcement yet.

Rusty's Build Thread [250+ photos]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This car, this build, the story, everything about it is absolutely epic. Mike your are the king of innovation. What this car has done for the whole automotive scene is mindboggling, there will never be anything that even remotely compares to Rusty and, you and your insane ideas and determination to actually go through with them. You and this car have been a legend since the first time that rusted hood was thrown on, and will continue to break the rules as it evolves. Congrats Mike on building something extraordinary. Seeing this car in person was something that I never thought would happen. Thanks for bring it to H2O. It was a real treat to actually see it in person after drooling over it for so long.

-Luke
    WFC # 197
    UsVersusThem
    Wagon MOB
    Lipless Crew #001

Comment

• Interesting seeing the pics of the build and not just the photoshoot ones.

Are any of the switches on the dash functional?

1997 BMW 328is Alpine White // Dove Grey
      ZF Swapped | 3.23 LSD | FK Coilovers | 17x8.5 Borbet Type C | 75mm Wheel Studs | 12mm Vorshlag Spacers | 5000k HIDs | Euro Taillights | Suede Headliner/Pillars

Comment

• Wow.

I have never heard of this forum. I found this thread through another automotive forum.

I don't know what to say except that i registered just to give you props on such a sick build and for being genuine and doing ish right.

This is what it's all about.

I read through this story and could not put it down.

From the first night you got her and she broke down 20 miles from your house to the metal wire pull handles and so forth.

And everything in between. Amazing.

Congrats on everything you achieved and im going to stick around to check out some other rides and hopefully see some more innovation from you.

And just for shits- my favorite period was the P40 period. Im a huge WWII fighter plane buff. You nailed it.

Especially the paint...it was just awesome.

Im going to show this to as many people as i can get to listen.
        Last edited by Ralphie; 11-03-2010, 04:36 PM.

Comment

• WOW. I saw this posted on a truck forum. I am into lifted trucks and such. I just joined to post this. This style of car is not my thing, BUT WOW, this build thread was AWESOME! I work with a guy with a similar car and he is always talking to me about it. I am going to send him this pile of gold right now. GREAT work man.

EDIT: Came back to subscribe!

Comment

• So, is this daily driven?

Comment

• this build defff gave me inspiration for mine...keep pushing the envelope mike!
              04 s4 tucked, shaved, bagged nightmare.
              04 DD silverado LIFTED 11" on 37s
              03 RC51 knee draggin machine
              94 DB8 RHD/J32/5Luggin JLINEs project

Comment

• All the time I have looked at pics of this car, peeps putting them up on our forum and pics on here and I never knew it had a Supra engine

Awesome work, truely awesome work!!! My hats off to you and if that doesn't inspire you, you may as well walk away from this game

Paul

Comment

• this car is the reason i joined this site.

such a badass car.

Comment

• just a few questions.

1. where does one find the time for all this. my mind is blown. im a high school student, part time pizza shop worker, and have a girlfriend and have like zerrrooo time for anything.

2. Also and more importantly, what happened to austen's car?

love the car btw

Comment

• hmm najs ... but ... in 2006 ... http://www.capri.pl/car/1479

Comment

• going through your build thread just now i realized you own the same black Bimmer coupe that ive had my eye on. i love your style man, especially the new look of the car! does it always scrape though? how does 50 treat that?

Comment

This is the reason I joined Stanceworks......... .. thanks for the inspiration Mike.......... ... .. now I want to do a roadtrip in my ratty 510

Comment

• I only can say its incredible....I love it....insane!!
                            I would love to have this things here in spain...

Comment

• True insperation!

Picure of my 318 Rusty, not as cool as yours but unique here Love it

/Viktor, Sweden

Comment

• freakin love it!

Comment

Working...
                                X