No announcement yet.

Rusty's Build Thread [250+ photos]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• congrats on another jaw dropping build, Mike. This car has always been an inspiration, but now it's even more. It's better than I ever could have imagined. I hope we get to see more details and build pics soon.

Comment

• Rusty getting no love… hahaha

Comment

• Amazing car with an even more amazing history. Rusty is the reason I joined StanceWorks. Seeing this car literally rise from the ashes is really an inspiration. Criticism will always exist in car culture because everyone has an opinion, and there is nothing wrong with that. If I remember correctly, Rusty has ALWAYS received harsh criticism.

The beauty of car culture is its diversity, and if this car isn't an example of that, I don't know what is. Not sure why anyone is surprised that everyone doesn't like the same things. Hats off to Mike Burroughs, Byron, and the team that built this car.
        "That's just a penis with headlights glued on."

Comment

• Originally posted by zumjosh View Post
          To make it easier to tell the story of rusty, I've compiled this.
          Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Gracias
          Unstanced OG Lurker: Cinomed

"I've seen Rusty in person"

Comment

• welcome back mike!
            @eatwithnaveed

Comment

• Originally posted by Byron View Post
              The plug wires aren't there for the same reason the car has no floor or inner fenders: we ran out of time. We've been working on it daily from when we get off our day jobs at 5 until 2-3am for the past 4 months, and on and off for the past 2 years, and there is still more to do. We needed a set date to work towards or else we'd never finish, so we brought it as done as we could get it in time. We're still going to keep working on it, and many of the complaints we've seen so far are things we aanted to have done.

I think the wheels are awesome, but I can understand how people can think they're excessive. It might be tough to tell in the photos, but the body of the car is raked forwards quite a bit. The rear wheels being so much bigger really accentuate the wedge shape and look just amazing in person. And to whoever said the rear tires look small, they are the largest tire that is available for purchase for a 19" wheel - 345/30/19 Hoosiers - and they are still a bit too small. The original Yokohamas that were used back in the IMSA days are all dead by now and no one makes replacements. We even tried Yokohama themselves and they don't even have records of ever producing them, never mind any spare sets. If you look at any of the old cars that ran the 19's that still race today you will see that they have all stepped the rears down to 17's or 18's just so they can get tires.

I don't have any pictures of the interior with the body on the car, but here is one I snapped 3 days before the show during final assembly that shows off the chassis pretty well.

Mike will be at the show for the rest of the week, but I'm back in home for work now so I'll be checking back on this thread to answer any questions until he gets back and gets the main article up.
              All of this and so so much more. No one will understand how much work and thought went into the car until they see it in person, and notice all the fine small details that hours were spent on.

It was all insanely fun, even when we did get mad and annoyed at each other haha. Can't wait to get this thing running soon ... ears will be bleeding
              I dislike Byron.

Comment

• This car has never ceased to amaze me. Everything done to this car is above the level of nearly every single other cookie cutter build that comes out; that has be respected.

I will also say, I was not a huge fan of the rear wheels, until I learned that it was a period/racing correct size, and that they had to "settle" with 345/30s..
                Its this level of build, among many other things, that makes Rusty quite possibly one of the best builds out there.
                Love the car, and keep up the good work guys!

Comment

• I was super excited to see this car alive, yet again, and at SEMA this year. Bravo.

Comment

• I wish I was on my computer so I could make a better response, but I'm on my phone and am terrible at typing with it.
                    Anyway, thank you all so much for the kind words, support, and love.
                    I'm excited to hop back in here and cut up with you all and talk about the car.
                    We took photos of the whole build, so you can expect this thread to get a whole lot longer!

Comment

• Welcome back Mike.

Look forward to hearing about and seeing more of the build in the coming weeks. Once again, congratulations on the latest iteration of Rusty.
                      IG: @sebastienaudeon
                      1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
                      *pats Sebs head*
                      there there.
                      keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

• Looks so good in photos and absolutely bonkers in person. Great work guys.
                        Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
                        2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

• wish i could see this thing in person..

Comment

• Car looked great at SEMA!
                            https://t.me/pump_upp

Comment

• Vroom Vroom

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

• Originally posted by M.Burroughs View Post
                                I wish I was on my computer so I could make a better response, but I'm on my phone and am terrible at typing with it.
                                Anyway, thank you all so much for the kind words, support, and love.
                                I'm excited to hop back in here and cut up with you all and talk about the car.
                                We took photos of the whole build, so you can expect this thread to get a whole lot longer!
                                Waiting anxiously.. This is a good example of a thread that should not die.

Comment

Working...
                                X