Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Oxer View Post
    I know, hence why i didn't

Threads like this bring out the best of forums, i make one comment about banning someone, with no real intention of banning anyone, and so far two others have gone off on tangents about what i have said...

Meeve and Expire; COME AT ME IN RANDOM THREAD BROS.

Byron, again, love you bro gotta love that show prep deadline. Weeks of zombie like status, running on pure autopilot by the end of it haha. In that vid that khalil sent me i caught a glimpse of the apocalyptic stage we have all felt in yours and mikes face
    I'm sorry you've got this impression. I wasn't "coming at you" in any way. Merely pointing out that banning people because they express their opinion would be a complete injustice. No matter how much you dissagree with them. I just think me and Expire took it a little too seriously as it clearly seems like you had no real intention of banning.

I think this is all in the past now and all is good. Let's now appreciate this new version of rusty, wich I must say is growing on me. That space frame pic hell yeah. I can't wait for a full feature... And perhaps seing it in action? Please do some kind of gymkhana with it that would be boss.

I'll leave you with this quote from one of mike's own article about rustys revival 2 years ago :

"We'll do what we do best: we'll push the bar in one form or another, and as he's [rusty] always done, he'll be sure to inspire, be it with excitement or detest"

Well, this is exactly what happened!
    Last edited by Meeve; 11-04-2015, 01:50 PM.
    Ruining cars since 2006 yo

Comment

• For me this car is absolutely amazing. It's like all the best bits from BMW's classic race cars put together into one build. People can bitch and moan all the like but at the end of the day it obviously puts a smile on mikes face, which is all that matters really. The time,work and creativity put into it is nothing short of legendary. Props to Byron too for all his hard work, when push comes to shove it's not the big dollar liberty walk Ferraris or lambos people are talking about at Sema, it's this!

Comment

• This is insane. Hats off to Mike and all involved persons.

On a side note, I just want to write down something running in my mind atm.
        Every man to his taste with acceptance and respect.

Comment

• Originally posted by trm- View Post
          This is insane. Hats off to Mike and all involved persons.

On a side note, I just want to write down something running in my mind atm.
          Every man to his taste with acceptance and respect.
          Agreed, there was a post on Speedhunters.com that brought up a similar topic

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron View Post

To be absolutely honest, I didn't liked the last Rusty's version before fire took it out very much (this is just my personal preference), but seeing this has changed my mind absolutely. The amount of engineering, development and building is just incredible and I have to say that Rusty really has returned better and more beautiful than before. This definetely is the most inspiring build I've seen so far and probably also one that pushes the limits the most. Congratulations guys, well done!
            this x1000

Comment

• The activity in this thread since Rusty's return has been revealed just shows how cool this place is.
              I dont think I've seen so many mods in one place at once like this, I love it how alive this thread is and feels.
              This kind of stuff is one of the reasons that brought me over to Stance Works really. Can't wait for Mike to pop by and see how busy this thread has been haha.

p.s the frame is absolutely fantastic and the more I look at this car the more I find about it that I love. Need to see it in action asap

Comment

• That tube chassis photo made me drool, my god.

Rusty is well and truly back. Can't wait to see the feature drop and see him come to completion.
                IG: @sebastienaudeon
                1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
                *pats Sebs head*
                there there.
                keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

• Rusty was in the pelican parts email today
                  http://www.pelicanparts.com/swapmeet...db5a1-69322385
                  -Christian.

'91 318iS AW2/blk slow garage queen/build...
                  '02 ///M3 carbonschwartz 6MT daily beast
                  '37 Chevy pickup-garagequeen...

Comment

• Someone in here needs a today sponge or atleast a glass of cranberry juice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Byron View Post
                      The plug wires aren't there for the same reason the car has no floor or inner fenders: we ran out of time. We've been working on it daily from when we get off our day jobs at 5 until 2-3am for the past 4 months, and on and off for the past 2 years, and there is still more to do. We needed a set date to work towards or else we'd never finish, so we brought it as done as we could get it in time. We're still going to keep working on it, and many of the complaints we've seen so far are things we aanted to have done.

I think the wheels are awesome, but I can understand how people can think they're excessive. It might be tough to tell in the photos, but the body of the car is raked forwards quite a bit. The rear wheels being so much bigger really accentuate the wedge shape and look just amazing in person. And to whoever said the rear tires look small, they are the largest tire that is available for purchase for a 19" wheel - 345/30/19 Hoosiers - and they are still a bit too small. The original Yokohamas that were used back in the IMSA days are all dead by now and no one makes replacements. We even tried Yokohama themselves and they don't even have records of ever producing them, never mind any spare sets. If you look at any of the old cars that ran the 19's that still race today you will see that they have all stepped the rears down to 17's or 18's just so they can get tires.

I don't have any pictures of the interior with the body on the car, but here is one I snapped 3 days before the show during final assembly that shows off the chassis pretty well.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Mike will be at the show for the rest of the week, but I'm back in home for work now so I'll be checking back on this thread to answer any questions until he gets back and gets the main article up.
                      So cool that you ended up being part of this build!

I'm still waiting on another v8 e30..........
                      Strictly Pleasure/Zero Clearance/Stretch Your Legs
                      Alex

Comment

• Incredible build. Legend!
                        ///MY E28 BUILD @ S/W FORUMS
                        ///MY INSTAGRAM
                        ///FLGNTLT STANCE LEAGUE

Comment

• regarding the rear tires, Pirelli do P Zeros in 345 35 19 but then obviously they aren't slicks like the hoosiers.

Comment

• I figured I would stay out of the thread for a few days to let things settle a bit, but I just wanted to say to Mike, Byron and the guys working on this that its a true inspiration to see things like this taking shape. People can say what they like, but until you overcome a tragedy like this fire a few years back and once again cut into it and tear it apart to "make it way better than it was the last time" that level passion and dedication is simply hard to beat! And the progress so far is nothing short of insane

I have to say, I often wish i was over there with you guys working on these projects as there is nothing better than being around fellow talent and throwing out ideas and techniques. Its made me question my east coast life here quite often, might possibly make the change soon after all and if thats the case be prepared haha.

Ive had the fairlady torn apart since November of '12 and its had its ups and downs since then with how to go about the details of the next iteration on it, and i cant speak much about the details for similar reasons, but am hoping one day soon to come out with it and bs about the builds cause thats what makes this stuff all worthwhile.

I don't ever wear a hat, but my hats off to you gents, truly inspiring stuff as always.
                            sigpic
                            1990 Nissan fairlady Z32 - long term build
                            1982 euro porsche 930 turbo

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19185

Comment

• That frame pic is amazing.

Out of curiousity. I know this started out of a hobby, but are (some) builders of this also engineers?

Just welding some pieces of tubular steel is one thing, but calculating stress area's and such is another.

Is everything own design? Like that subframe piece the shock are on for example?

*Click Sigpic For Journal*

Comment

• the only thing that I dont like about this build is that it's on the opposite coast that I am so the chances of me seeing it in person are slim. besides that every version of this car I just like it more and more, this is just insane.

Comment

Working...
                                X