• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F5!

Build thread?

Comment

• Hey, new to the forum.

First of, I just want to mentioned that I'm not the biggest BMW fan, I got nothing against them, but I'm more of a old Japs kind of guy.
      Anyways, my car broke down, and atm I can't afford to fix him, so in the meantime I bought myself an old 320 touring from 89 (prefer the 80's BMW over the 90s) and I remembered seeing rusty a few times over the year.
      It's a really neat car, and I love the "rat rod" style it has. So I got inspired and decided I'll rust my "new" BMW. But I would love to know exactly how you managed to get that truly epic, "dark rust" colour.

From what I understand from reading the thread you used some concoction and applied it to the car, once the car was all rusty, you sanded the top layer of the rust away, used some rust remover, and then used fresh motor oil over the whole car?

But what's the "recipe" for the motor oil part? did you just "paint" it on, and let it dry for a while, and then wiped it of? Or how did you do it?

Also what was the concoction you used?

I'd much appreciate if you could tell me how you managed to get this amazing colour.

Comment

• Originally posted by Komu View Post
        Hey, new to the forum.

First of, I just want to mentioned that I'm not the biggest BMW fan, I got nothing against them, but I'm more of a old Japs kind of guy.
        Anyways, my car broke down, and atm I can't afford to fix him, so in the meantime I bought myself an old 320 touring from 89 (prefer the 80's BMW over the 90s) and I remembered seeing rusty a few times over the year.
        It's a really neat car, and I love the "rat rod" style it has. So I got inspired and decided I'll rust my "new" BMW. But I would love to know exactly how you managed to get that truly epic, "dark rust" colour.

From what I understand from reading the thread you used some concoction and applied it to the car, once the car was all rusty, you sanded the top layer of the rust away, used some rust remover, and then used fresh motor oil over the whole car?

But what's the "recipe" for the motor oil part? did you just "paint" it on, and let it dry for a while, and then wiped it of? Or how did you do it?

Also what was the concoction you used?

I'd much appreciate if you could tell me how you managed to get this amazing colour.
        Rub the raw metal with a rag soaked in diesel and old motor oil
        Instagram: @B_OLSEN_
        1988 FC3s-LS3 track slut~in progress~
        1991 S13 Coupe-LS1 street beater
        2004 G35 Coupe track model-Work Wheels Static daily
        TUMBLR

Comment

• I was wondering, how do you actually get a rusted side panel ? do you buy it from a scrapyard or some special treatment.

Thanks for any help

Comment

• Originally posted by Yoerirazors View Post
            I was wondering, how do you actually get a rusted side panel ? do you buy it from a scrapyard or some special treatment.

Thanks for any help
            E30 build

Comment

• Uhh strip the paint off? Let nature take its course? Spray with hydrochloric acid? I've never had a problem making anything rust lol mostly it's things I don't want to rust!
              -Christian.

'91 318iS AW2/blk slow garage queen/build...
              '02 ///M3 carbonschwartz 6MT daily beast
              '37 Chevy pickup-garagequeen...

Comment

• So now that the model A sold... ETA of rusty's return?
                -Christian.

Comment

• Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
                  So now that the model A sold... ETA of rusty's return?
                  This x1000000. I have never wanted to see a car this bad,

Comment

• h2oi 2014 is now 6 months away. That should be enough time to rebuild him.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/90251835@N06/10396307803/]

Comment

• Originally posted by M.Burroughs View Post
                      Progress is being made slowly but surely. There'll be no photos of the build, only teaser shots, until after the car is done. Thanks guys
                      Hey man, what should I look for if I want to put an e28 on air? I've never seen a kit or strut made specifically for e28's (oldest is a 92' 3 series). What car was your's made for? And was it bolt on?
                      1991 BMW E30 325i Touring

Comment

• Originally posted by Grime View Post
                        Hey man, what should I look for if I want to put an e28 on air? I've never seen a kit or strut made specifically for e28's (oldest is a 92' 3 series). What car was your's made for? And was it bolt on?
                        I'd imagine it's a custom air strut set up like what people weld up for e30s and such...
                        -Christian.

Comment

• Its so hard to wait for an update on this!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grime View Post
                            Its custom. So good luck

Comment

• A teaser shot would really help my axienty

Comment

• I wanna see #rustyrevival!

Build thread?

Comment

Working...
                                X