No announcement yet.

Hood Rich II : 1987 BMW E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sick man, can't wait to see where this goes. I cut 3 coils off the front and 2.5 off the back. Stock springs stock shocks. It rides perfectly fine. Maybe I got lucky, but I haven't experienced any harsh riding.

Visors are looking fresh man. Love it.
    Christof Goulart
    FCGoulartDesign.

Comment

Someone should mention Diamond racing doesnt do odd sizes. and you can fit 10s in the, but increase the offset, and roll the shit out of your fenders

Flickr

Comment

yea, i was just in contact with diamond. no luck on the fitment i want.

maybe 16's would be better too, i had 15's on my 240sx, and it was waaay to low, just to make it nice looking.

Mike also said he knows nothing about E30's lol

Comment

I would go either 16x8 with 0 offset (throw some spacers on the rear to even it out a little) or mabye 16x8 16x10 stagerred. 2 inches difference is alot though.

Flickr

Comment

16x8 sounds nice. fuck i want these on already
            i just dont know what to do wheel wise now.
            Last edited by Guest; 09-21-2010, 04:01 PM.

Comment

wtfff who knew hunting for wheels was so hard

Comment

It will probably look pretty silly with a 16x8 up front and 16x10 out back. You can definitely do 8's all around no problem, say et 0 up front and et -15 out back. with 10's your gunna want offsets in the range of 25-20 I believe, up front the issue would be hitting the strut/spring perch or collar, the rear will clear with et 20 for sure. Gunna need alot of stretch, probably a 215/40r16 to pull it off with some fender pull.

Comment

im not going for 10s anymore. i think x8 or 9 would suffice.
                  but now i cant even find wheels i like...

Comment

I would do 8s if you go the DR route. I know its not insane wide, but its a solid size and enough to stretch, and have some good fitment going on

Flickr

Comment

DR Route?

i had stretched 8's before.
                      just 4 lug is a bitch to find dope wheels for

Comment

8's are meh in my books, I would run a 205/40r16 on some 16x9 et 0 wheels. You can build rs or rm(of course only in 15") to be that size, also you can run type a's, brock's, azev's(i believe) and a bunch of other wheels.

There's a shitload of 17x8.5 and 17x10 sized wheels, ac scnitzer's, brocks, borbet's, oz's and a bunch other's im forgetting. Problem is all of em are 5x120 and the few in 4x100 are impossible to find. So your going to need to spend 1500-2000 to get some e30 m3 suspension to run those (yes you can do e36 suspension but it never looks right (castor problems))

Or do e30 m3 5 lug and do style 5's style 32's or any of the other 5 and 7 series fitment wheels that come in 17x8 and 17x9, most of which can be had for 400-800 if your willing to look.

There are alot of options for wide low offset wheels, I'm running 16x8 porsche d90s with 205/40's. To me its a pretty meh setup but you may like it

Comment

eh i dont see myself dropping that amount of money in 5 lug, to spend the same amount on wheels rigth after.

maybe ill jsut settle for some universal wheels. that are decent.
                          4000 on the wheels and suspension definitly isnt in the cards for me. thats why my car is hood rich lol
                          cheap cheap cheap

Comment

If you want to keep it hood and cheap, roll 16x10's all around. I'm wanting to play with that setup next year.

Comment

yea but i cant find anything 16x10 rofl

fuuuh maybe ill try some faggot rotas or XXRs

Comment

No, don't do that, diamond racing makes 16x10's, buy them, get small tires, excessively hack suspension = baller looking car. Gunna need to pull front and rear but fuck it, car is hood right?

Comment

Working...
                                X