• Time
  • Show
Clear All

keep the visors!
    sigpichttp://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1378227303

Comment

the visors arent goin anywhere lol

Comment

i know cut springs arent the best option, but i need lows asap. and i think im gonna cut a coil or 2 off.
        I dont drive it at all atm, no license still, so it just needs to sit pretty in my driveway.

BUT i heard some talk about spring perch or something hitting when E30's are lowered....TRUE??

Comment

can anyone help me with that^^??

Comment

hella diggin the visors. Car need a mustache now to accent its personality.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegas13 View Post
              i know cut springs arent the best option, but i need lows asap. and i think im gonna cut a coil or 2 off.
              I dont drive it at all atm, no license still, so it just needs to sit pretty in my driveway.

BUT i heard some talk about spring perch or something hitting when E30's are lowered....TRUE??
              I'm running 2 coils cut up front on lowering springs and I daily mine, I think you will be fine.

Comment

touche!

thanks for the info. its only temporary. and the only driving its gonna get on cut coils is in and out of the driveway/garage

Comment

Love it! and do the visors, looks badass!

I recently picked up an e30 like yours and they are just such fun cars to mess around with!

Comment

very true sir. and like i posted before, as soon as i can find a secure-er way to mount the visors ill put them on for good.

just need slammmmage right now

Comment

i posted this in wheels section, but maybe itll get noticed here first

im trying to calculate fitment on my E30, trying to get the best i can,
                      and tho i know most people are against diamonds, i like the customizability of the sizes/offsets and the price tag.

so i have opted to go with diamond challengers, but my only thing is, i don't really know what i can get away with size/offset wise on my E30

i want to run Rear: 15x10 with 3.5-4" backspace and Front : 15x9 with a 4-4.5" backspace.
                      195/50/15's in the front, and 205/50's in the rear.

Does this sound doable??? WITH STOCK/ROLLED ARCH
                      or am i waaay off. please help?!?!

I havent measured anything at all, i figured i'd post here first. thanks dudes

Comment

I don't know much about e30's but I don't think you are gunna be able to run 10" wide wheels with out fender modifications regardless. I would also suggest going to measure what will work, and doing an offset to back space conversion just so you really know what you are getting into. A little research on your end wouldn't hurt either..
                        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

i tried on here. most of it is gibberish to me, i have a friend explaining some of it now.
                          i figured i would ask first cuz im sure 100 ppl on here have already measured lol
                          Last edited by Guest; 09-21-2010, 01:49 PM.

Comment

M. Burroughs said 16x9 with 15et or 15x9 with 15 et would be good. i guess that sums it up. 195/50s too

Comment

I would take Mike's word on that for sure, he's kinda like a BMW god.
                              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

On my old car I ran 15x9.5 et -12ish with a 205 50, I had to modd the rear fenders quite heavily to make them fit.

My next setup will be a 17x10 et 20 in the rear, this will still require a pull to fit, you can do 9's no problem front and back, et 0 will require a heavy roll and a 195/50.

My suggestion is to run 16's, 15's look silly on e30's, to even begin to make them look good you need to be insanely low, like 1/2" to pan. I'm on my phone but check out my old threads of my old car to see it on 15's.

Comment

Working...
                                X