Comment

• You never CLICKED! ^^ lol

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

• Beautiful car!!! Sheesh
          i have the s10 that everybody hates

Comment

• congrats on the win. this will be/is the ultimate 245. keep it forever!

Comment

• Thanks guys!

Few updates so far. Been out of town working lots (glories of being a crane technician)

Installed a new coolant bottle and mounted the air compressor on a temp bracket that works (not pretty yet). My dad bought himself a brand new compressor and plasma cutter last week and I can't wait to get my hands on it.

New master cylinder install. Also tucked the wire harness up behind the booster so it's out of the way. Not the very limited space between the booster and valve cover. These are taller to accommodate the roller rockers and barely fit. Luckily when I start the engine and rev it it'll kick over to the other side.

Autometer makes some nice easy gauges that match the Volvo interior. There is nothing I **** more than seeing engine related gauges that do not suit the interior (5" + tach's with giant yellow and red lights, blue, purple bright lit gauges etc). These are part of the "Z" series IIRC.

The rad: Well...I hear a lot of guys use the Volvo rad but that wasn't sitting well with me for 3 reasons. Price, availability and cooling capabilities. I went with a thicker Griffin Thermo products rad and paid around $160 for it from Summit.

This was the only rad I could find that would fit perfectly width wise and height wise. I believe it was part # "1-25201-X" or XS. Everything is perfect except the fact that the lower coolant fitting was angled and wouldn't work. It points directly into the power steering pump.

So! Time to get custom. I had a local guy cut it off and tig it back on and a different angle.

It clears but still no way of running power steering with the engine bracketry I have (Crown Vic, mustang is different). Eventually I'll move the accessories around but right now I need this thing to run and drive with or without power steering. The season is almost over. I located a manual rack locally that I'll pick up soon.

I have a 14" 2350 cfm electric fan I'll use to push air through it and see how that works. I'm in Canada so it doesn't get too hot here really. 30C* is about as hot as it ever gets and the car was not equipped with A/C so on those days I'll just use my DD wrx if I have an issue with sweating too much lol.

Now I'm looking for a thermo switch with 1/4" pipe threads to control the fan via relay. Then a Mustang upper rad hose, custom lower rad hose and I'll be almost ready to take it for a drive around the block...

Lolvo build thread.

Comment

• Holy crap. I didn't even know you were doing a SBF swap! Looking awesome man. Seriously making me want to do this swap on my 7.
                Last edited by DragginWagon; 09-08-2013, 10:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DragginWagon View Post
                  Holy crap. I didn't even know you were doing a SBF swap! Looking awesome man. Seriously making me want to do this swap on my 7.
                  It's not as easy as some make it seem. I'm using the T5 tranny and it barely fits in there. I also have the engine pushed back as far as possible to keep the rad support uncut and original.

Lolvo build thread.

Comment

• First drive, no break downs! Some wide open throttle action, surprised me how hard it pulled not even tuned and over jetted (I live near the mountains in Canada). Very happy right now. My 3 year pipe dream is coming to a close. A sense of accomplishment is upon me and I'm sad the snow is just around the corner. Ah well...next year this thing is gonna be ripping.

Lolvo build thread.

Comment

• Great work!! lol @ shifter

http://www.mvip.com.au
                      clicky^

Comment

• OMG, I thought that engine would sound awesome, but it sounds glorious! I really really hope to see this sometime in person.
                        1999 SL2 Saturn Build rip
                        1998 EK hatch Civic Build

Comment

• Epic._

Audi RS4PRA | VW Golf MKV GT-Y | Audi A1 SportBack

Comment

• This is so rad!

Comment

• wow this is awesome, great build so far man
                              FBO - 335i - e92 Instagram: @Marcadelic

Comment

• Thanks guys! Here's a quick shot from the outside. At the end you can see my angry neighbour stick his head in the garage lolol.

Lolvo build thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X