X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just can't get enough of this car.
    I love it.

Comment

• Can I shoot pics of this car once the motor swap is done?

Comment

• Of course dude, we'll have to all meet up for a cruise/shoot. I just picked up a Nikon D7100 and ill train my girlfriend to use it so we can get some rollers.

Lolvo build thread.

Comment

• Wow man this is going to be one sweet wagon

Comment

• This build is sweet! Hopefully sometime this summer I'll have the chance to see it in person at one of the meets or shows
            1999 SL2 Saturn Build rip
            1998 EK hatch Civic Build

Comment

• Originally posted by Randomofodication View Post
              This build is sweet! Hopefully sometime this summer I'll have the chance to see it in person at one of the meets or shows
              lol so you're the guy with the slammed Saturn...I've totally seen you a bunch of times in the Foothills industrial park. We must work near each other haha.

Lolvo build thread.

Comment

• Did a little harness work tonight. Still trying to track down exactly what each wire does in the 8 pin engine harness connector. I've got Alt, oil pressure and temperature figured out but the rest I'm unsure about.

Old connector

How it ran and had all the gauges working flawlessly is beyond me...haha

Using weatherpack connector now and soldered the leads.

I'm enjoying the wiring portion of the build way too much. It's the part of any build where you can make it as clean as possible. Messy wiring really takes away from the overall image of what you've accomplished and I really want to stay away from that.

Lolvo build thread.

Comment

• I enjoy this build! Good job mannnn
                  Originally posted by 1badg35
                  trust me my last gf and i split because i apparently gave more attention to my cars and business then her. i have no idea where she got that idea from. haha

Comment

• noice.
                    Greg
                    1974 Volvo 142

Comment

• Originally posted by carter View Post
                      lol so you're the guy with the slammed Saturn...I've totally seen you a bunch of times in the Foothills industrial park. We must work near each other haha.
                      Haha yep that's me I work just off of 90th ave and 52nd
                      1999 SL2 Saturn Build rip
                      1998 EK hatch Civic Build

Comment

• Loving the progress.
                        - Bagged '98 Chevy S10 - Stock '88 Volvo 240DL - Broken '87 Mitsubishi Starion ESi-R - Also Broken '87 Shelby Lancer #707/800 -

Comment

• Well another day spent in the garage...as well I picked up my custom drive shaft and speedo cable.

Painted my bellhousing and ran out of paint to do the tranny...it's not like you see it afterwards anyway. Ah well...maybe one day when I burn the new clutch out I'll paint it the same.

Ford Racing's King Cobra clutch. Supposed to handle 450 ft lbs no problem. Pretty sure I'll be alright haha

Next I installed my new clutch fork and bearing and mated the two because there was no way I would be able to lift it up on my own not to mention I couldn't get the car high enough.

I did end up having to remove the grill and support panel that goes across the headlights and the hood release to gain the space needed. After 10 10mm bolts were removed I had 0 issues with space installing the pair. I hooked a ratchet strap to the rear of the transmission and used that to help level it. Worked ok for a 1 man job.

I installed a set of chrome BBK shorty headers before installing the engine thinking it would be near impossible to install after....I was wrong. it's actually not bad for space but it is a little easier to do before the engine goes in.

These were actually the EASIEST shorty's I've ever had to install. straight forward, no removing the steering shaft or putting bolts in tight holes before they go on the motor. Just plunk them in and tighten.

It's a tight fit, that's as far back as I could get it to go. If I have issues I might slot my mounts and try slide it further back to gain an inch or so.

That's about it for today. I'm wiped. More tomorrow maybe...

Lolvo build thread.

Comment

• Boner time!

2001 Focus Sedan from an ex-ricer. See my build thread
                            http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=17122

Comment

• The snout on that water pump is HUGE.

Great looking build. Good luck completing it.

Comment

• Thanks man

Been awhile since I last updated this.

A few months ago I entered IPD's $25,000 build off contest after a friend of mine suggested that I enter. Not thinking much of it I whipped an application together and sent it off. Fast forward to last week - I received a phone call from Ron at IPD saying I won. I couldn't believe it. Out of 400 entries 5 were chosen and I was one of them.

So now I have $2500 in IPD in store credit and $2500 in cash to spend on the car. Definitely gonna get innovative up in here!

http://www.ipdusa.com/blogs/289/team-ron

I can't embed the video for some reason :/

Lolvo build thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X