Little Low Red Wagon - The other Volvo wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love this little red wagon!!!
    Hit me up for all your quality used bmw parts needs! http://properperformance.com/ IG: Lowlygent

Comment

• love it, love it, love it! I wanna see what's next!

Comment

• Damn this thing is awesome!

Comment

• Oh man, I haven't viewed the updates to this in a while. Looks sick slammed!!

Comment

• Small update: New power plant - shooting for 400 HP, but to be honest I'd be happy to go from ~70hp to 300hp any day. Probably not a popular motor around these parts (Stanceworks) but I think I'll like the outcome.

89 5.0L 160,000km's (I live in Canada) for $150 for a complete engine that ran (I removed the heads today), I couldn't pass it up. I love the sound of an old 5.0.

I'll probably hone the cylinders next week to remove a small blemish and re ring the pistons, new bearings, new cam, Procomp heads and an intake that will work well for low end tq, 1.7 rockers, Headman shorties with electric cutouts (I read somewhere these headers fit the best? Not the best for freeing up power but oh well) Basically clean everything up and paint/polish it and see where I'm at.

Still hunting for a T5 transmission but I'm sure one will pop up soon.

Lolvo build thread.

Comment

• I think the 5.0 is prefect for a volvo.

2001 Focus Sedan from an ex-ricer. See my build thread
              http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=17122

Comment

• That is rather interesting! We'll need video
                Flickr

Projects :

1984 W123 300D (Sold)

1999 C43 AMG (no thread..yet)

Comment

• love this build.

Comment

• This thing needs some proper pictures taken of it! 5.0 will be cool, although personally Id just turbo that redblock . I guess the v8 will add to the classic/hot rod feel though. Either way sick ride!

Comment

• I thought about that but I'd be spending twice as much money to end up with the same power and less low end torque. I want big smokey burn outs in a bad way haha

Lolvo build thread.

Comment

• No real updates. Just got the block stripped down and ready to hot tank, hone and install new bearings.

Made a small video because I was bored. More to come.

Lolvo build thread.

Comment

• Jesus I love station wagons so much!

Comment

• i love your wagon man really like the wood flooring. Was it hard. Yours looks a lot nicer than most ive seen that just use the laminate wood. this reminds me more of the wooden truck beds from the 40s and 50s
                            C280 Build Thread
                            C43 ///AMG Build Thread
                            E320 Wagon Build Thread

Follow me on Instagram:@SD_210

Comment

• Wasn't hard at all, I just traced the original floor onto some plywood did some math and cut the hardwood into equal widths (started as a sheet). Then I laid one down on the right side and screwed it on from the back. I used a piece of 1/2" airline as a spacer between each piece so it would be exactly the same spacing. Then I stained it with some red colored stain and then a clear sealer over top. Oddly enough my mom was able to help with that part as I haven't ever done any wood projects before haha. The metal slats were purchased from a local hot rod shop and they are for restoring the 40's and 50's Ford truck beds.

To be honest, I found my grandpas old jig saw in the garage and kinda winged it.

All you'll need is a drill, tape measure, sand paper, a jig saw and some 1/2" tubing.

Lolvo build thread.

Comment

• Hey bud, do you have any more shots of how you mounted the York to the block? I just picked up an '88 244DL and a reman'd Ford compressor [re-badged 210 with a single-groove pulley] and am hoping to go the same route you did. Though I notice you don't have A/C, did you ditch it for the air or did your wagon not have the option?

I love the build so far, even more so to see you're going Ford power, I love me a solid 5.0. The progress is inspiring!
                                - Bagged '98 Chevy S10 - Stock '88 Volvo 240DL - Broken '87 Mitsubishi Starion ESi-R - Also Broken '87 Shelby Lancer #707/800 -

Comment

Working...
                                X