No announcement yet.

The South's random thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are there anybody that's going to SoWo from Tennessee?

Comment

• Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
      DOPE.. there's a set of those on CL right now
      Yeah, those are mine

Just unsure whether I want the hassle of stripping this chrome. If someone offers me enough I'll let them go.
      2010 135i | Alpine White | Coral Red | 6MT | Bagged

Build | Instagram: fifty3bags

Comment

• leave the chrome. it's more hassle than its worth. I looked it up before. The chrome will look good on the car because its white

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

• annnnnd there goes the savings.....

Comment

• Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
            leave the chrome. it's more hassle than its worth. I looked it up before. The chrome will look good on the car because its white
            Well that's the problem...

This is the best and the worst.

If the chrome was in good shape, yeah I'd definitely run it as is. But I would **** having that on my car knowing it's like that. So, I'm hoping that this chromer I'm talking to will be able to strip them for me. And while he's stripping the lips, he might as well strip the faces too.

Comment

• Originally posted by fifty3bags View Post
              I'm just worried about sandblasting the chrome off, from what I've read it can damage the metal underneath. I've been trying to get in contact with a couple chromers and they either say they're too busy, do it myself, or just don't answer. Let me know what you find out, I really want to get these refinished, but don't want to pay out the ass for it.

That's awesome that it's going to someone on here, so the build will live on and you'll still get to see it. I wish I knew where my mustang went after I sold it.
              I'm still asking around. And yes, I'm really glad it's going to stay on here. Hopefully he continues a build thread

Instagram - @choadyhighroller
              Originally posted by nickskater09
              I think Jody, along with Ashton, like to push the line between "street legal" and "realistically driveable".

Comment

• Yeah! I hope its not too costly!

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

• GOOD NEWS! Found a place to strip all the chrome and powder all faces for a great pice!

bad news............on the test fit tonight....won't work. Apparently I measured the hub bore wrong or got my numbers mixed up. Won't fit. eff me. I guess they're really for sale now as I really don't want this hassle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Damn that blows.

I took my mom and one of her friends to the shooting range today, she shot the ceiling with my 9 mm hahaha.

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

• Originally posted by fifty3bags View Post
                      GOOD NEWS! Found a place to strip all the chrome and powder all faces for a great pice!

bad news............on the test fit tonight....won't work. Apparently I measured the hub bore wrong or got my numbers mixed up. Won't fit. eff me. I guess they're really for sale now as I really don't want this hassle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Duuuuuuuuude! That sucks they seemed so perfect!

Instagram - @choadyhighroller
                      Originally posted by nickskater09
                      I think Jody, along with Ashton, like to push the line between "street legal" and "realistically driveable".

Comment

• How far off are they?

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

• Originally posted by LethalEthan View Post
                          Damn that blows.

I took my mom and one of her friends to the shooting range today, she shot the ceiling with my 9 mm hahaha.
                          NICE! I've never been to a range, but want to one day.

Originally posted by milano_red View Post
                          Duuuuuuuuude! That sucks they seemed so perfect!
                          Originally posted by LethalEthan View Post
                          How far off are they?
                          Well, they were originally made for a c5 vette and their bore is 70.3. Mine should be around 72.5, so they're off by about 2mm. Which wouldn't be hard to lathe out but I don't want to spend even more money gettting that done. I'd need to run at least a 10mm spacer on the front because the back of the wheel is hitting the strut.

The rear looks like it should be good, maybe a 5mm spacer or more. I don't want to run too much camber and can't go very low because of the huge speedbumps at my work. And the 17s would drop it down pretty low to where I'd probably get stuck lol

Comment

• I was gonna say you could have them machined out. Mightymax guys do it all the time. I think it's normally like 75 a wheel or something like that. I've seen people do it themselves with a router before but I myself wouldn't do it that way.

Comment

• Originally posted by LethalEthan View Post
                              I was gonna say you could have them machined out. Mightymax guys do it all the time. I think it's normally like 75 a wheel or something like that. I've seen people do it themselves with a router before but I myself wouldn't do it that way.
                              Yeah, I did a little research on that. I won't be doing it myself. I need at least a 10mm spacer on the front and can probably go up to a 15mm spacer on the rear, possibly front too. I've PM'd adaptec to see if I can get a spacer made to work with these wheels.

May be able to ger a spacer just wide enough to space it out over the hub and do a stud conversion and run it that way, not hubcentric any more. I really want to get these to work lol

Comment

• Lug centric is just as good as long as you take your time tightening the lugs down and use the right ones.

I agree though they would look badass on your car.

Comment

Working...
                                X