The South's random thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fifty3bags View Post
    Ded. I wish I were snowed in again, I need another day off. Actually I think it's more "I **** where I live" than "I don't want to work"
    You're in Alabama right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Yogi_Bear View Post
      You're in Alabama right?
      Yup. Dothan. Wouldn't be so bad if there was maybe one other person in this town that was into cars even remotely. Sucks balls
      2010 135i | Alpine White | Coral Red | 6MT | Bagged

Build | Instagram: fifty3bags

Comment

Yup. Dothan. Wouldn't be so bad if there was maybe one other person in this town that was into cars even remotely. Sucks balls
        I know what you mean; although the city is going to vastly grow with the upcoming expansion of Southern Nuclear

Comment

• Anyone got a lug cover/center cap for a rs wheel? Will post a wtb but would prefer local pickup to anything else. Thought id see what yall got.

Comment

I know what you mean; although the city is going to vastly grow with the upcoming expansion of Southern Nuclear
            No, Dothan will stay the same. I work for Southern Nuclear. The only expansion is at Plant Vogtle in Augusta. They're adding two reactors to Plant Vogtle, so they will have 4 reactors onsite. We have 2 reactors here at Farley, two at Hatch in Baxley, and 4 will be in Augusta

Comment

No, Dothan will stay the same. I work for Southern Nuclear. The only expansion is at Plant Vogtle in Augusta. They're adding two reactors to Plant Vogtle, so they will have 4 reactors onsite. We have 2 reactors here at Farley, two at Hatch in Baxley, and 4 will be in Augusta
              I must be mistaken then

Comment

I must be mistaken then
                You are right in that Southern Nuclear is expanding, just not near Dothan lol

Comment

You are right in that Southern Nuclear is expanding, just not near Dothan lol
                  I've been out of that field for a while, and clearly you'd know more than I would. Did you go to Georgia Tech?

Comment

I've been out of that field for a while, and clearly you'd know more than I would. Did you go to Georgia Tech?
                    Yeah, I did. Graduated December 2012, Electrical Engineering. Did you work in nuclear or for Southern Nuclear?

Comment

Yeah, I did. Graduated December 2012, Electrical Engineering. Did you work in nuclear or for Southern Nuclear?
                      That's awesome man, and I worked for B&W for a short period before I took another job closer to home

Comment

That's awesome man, and I worked for B&W for a short period before I took another job closer to home
                        Oh ok. Are you an engineer as well?

Comment

Oh ok. Are you an engineer as well?
                          Oh no I never finished college, that's why I moved to Charlotte to finish my degree in finance weirdly enough. My entire family are nuclear engineers though, so I hear what's going on through passing

Comment

Oh no I never finished college, that's why I moved to Charlotte to finish my degree in finance weirdly enough. My entire family are nuclear engineers though, so I hear what's going on through passing
                            Oh gotcha. Yeah, nuclear is an interesting field. Pretty much all the information at the plants gets shared freely throughout the nuclear community, aside from company finances and the like. I'm not sure if I want to stay nuclear though, I've always had an interest in aviation/automotive, so I'll probably end up in that field. My main focus now is getting a job in Atlanta

Comment

Oh gotcha. Yeah, nuclear is an interesting field. Pretty much all the information at the plants gets shared freely throughout the nuclear community, aside from company finances and the like. I'm not sure if I want to stay nuclear though, I've always had an interest in aviation/automotive, so I'll probably end up in that field. My main focus now is getting a job in Atlanta
                              Unless you're looking to Atlanta to be closer to family. I'd highly recommend looking at jobs in Charlotte. This town is a mini Atlanta just a LOT cheaper

Comment

Unless you're looking to Atlanta to be closer to family. I'd highly recommend looking at jobs in Charlotte. This town is a mini Atlanta just a LOT cheaper
                                Yeah, I'm looking to move to be with my fiance, she is at Emory now. I like Atlanta a good bit and have a lot of friends there as well. Once she graduates we'll go from there. We've been talking about Chattanooga, Charleston, and Charlotte. Time will tell what actually happens though

Comment

Working...
                                X