Bagged E46

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bagged E46

Had my 46 since early 2009, its a 2001 325 Msport.

Didnt stay standard for long, so ebay coilovers, M6 reps 8.5j/9.5j et20 plus my first set of stretched tyres, and camber arms.

Then off came the M6's for something a bit different, got hold of a set of jap fitment SSR Vienna kreis, gave them a quick sand down and painted them black.

Then with a set of adaptors form america got them fitted.

Time for some bodywork.

Shortened front plate holder.

Shortened boot recess, csl spoiler, and smoothed diffuser.

Winter kicked its arse tho, rusted wings, fucked bumpers, cracked boot lid, kerbed wheels, dead coilovers

So major rebuild in order both inside and out was needed.

First inside and suspension, cheap ebay coilover replaced with BC coilovers with adjustable damper settings and camber top mounts, was on the lookout for some bride seats but up popped these GT3 seats from a mates Clio V6, with a suede dished steering wheel and glass JDM shifter.

Booked 2weeks off work and got down to rebuilding the shell, new wings, new rear bumper, and lots of spray paint.

New paint needs new wheels or atleast newly painted wheels, so polished lips and purple velvet centres.

And came out like this......

Being never happy and never low enough.

I needed new wheels and new lows, could justify real BBS RS's so ordered reps 8.5j/10j wrapped in 205/40 and 215/40 Nankangs and chopped the adjusters out of the coilovers.

Then it went grey.

Summer came and went and i started riding again, so was in two minds if to leave it or sell up and buy a superbike or put some money into the beemer again.

Well the car won, so a red leather interior, a set of 1552 Tarmacs, Airrex struts and Airlift V2 management were all ordered and off to the vinyl wrappers it went.

doing it right there buddy
    wasnt sure on those SSr's but then the style 5s really worked well, then the tarmacs :O perfect
    still think the kidneys need to be black though.
    Float like a Cadillac, Sting like a Beemer!
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24326

Comment

Looks good, but somehow the stance looks off to me. Could use some more camber in the front or less in the rear to make it somewhat even all around.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

Came out good, eventually. I agree with ze doctor, could do with a touch more camber up front.
        Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster
        Internet high five for you.

Comment

Still unsure about kidneys, they're growing on me but I don't know.

Was going for tracking and camber yesterday but the starter died so been busy replacing that.

Comment

i just bagged my matte black wrapped E46, i still find it v. bouncy on the rear, you have this problem also?

looking good on the new rims, what specs bro?

Flickr

Comment

Only when the rear bags have too much pressure, feels like my spine is coming out the top of my head.

17x9 205/40 tire et15 front/et5 rear

Comment

I think i see your car @ Modnats in 09 or before then? im really liking the new look the white wheel combo works so nice good work allround
                Live,Breathe,Build,Believe,BMW!

Comment

Looked soo good yesterday in the que.

Shame it died on you

Comment

Stupid fucking expansion tank, BMW breaker near me says they are a common fault but its rare for one to explode like mine did, got a new tank but on a closer look it took out a few of the hoses with it so back off there again tomorrow.

Might aswell look good even if i am broken down.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X