Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, I'm coming to the UK for the SW meet... wanna be my friend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, I'm coming to the UK for the SW meet... wanna be my friend?

So,

I got my ferry all booked and I've been trying to book some accomodations for the two nights I'll be in the UK but I'm running into a few problems here.

Apparently, you need a credit card to book a hotel or even a hostel - problem is, I don't have one. Here in Germany using credit cards is not as widespread as it seems in the UK, so this comes as a bit of a surprise to me.

Sooo... I've been emailing private bed & breakfasts, but haven't gotten a positive answer back yet. I'll keep on looking but mostly it seems as if the B&Bs in the price range I'm looking at apparently don't have any more rooms left...

Which brings me to the point... anyone of you UK people willing to host a 22 year old German for one or two days? I am housebroken and very undemanding, give me a somewhat soft couch to sleep on and a blanket and I'll be happy, haha.

I'll be arriving in the UK by ferry on the friday, 3rd August early in the morning and want to hit up the Stanceworks meet on the 5th in Gaydon - my ferry home will leave the UK sunday/monday night at 02:00.

This is my route to Gaydon according to Google Maps:

Anyone somewhat near the route (although I'm willing to do a detour, I don't really care as long as I get a place to sleep!) willing to host me for one or two nights?

Would be really appreciated! If you want, I'll even pay a reasonable amount for it.

So... anyone?

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

im about 2 hours + from location B else you would be more than welcome.

im also hoping to be at the UK meet this time round so i will say hi.

Flickr

Comment

oh forgot to say, i driven that route a few times now from Birmingham (UK) to Antwerp and its great fun at night time and you can make up good time later in the evening and through the morning.

Flickr

Comment

Is it just you coming? Bring more of Germany.

Comment

What Jorge said, bring more!

But thats a shit about hotel booking. When you say credits card aren't big in Germany, is that all bank cards in general such as Debit? I've stayed in Travelodges, Holiday Inns etc and always used a debit card.
          -SW|UK-
          Education - Knowledge - Power
          insta: @stinkinrich

Comment

Originally posted by Jacko_162 View Post
            im about 2 hours + from location B else you would be more than welcome.

im also hoping to be at the UK meet this time round so i will say hi.
            That's a bit far, but I'll keep it in mind. Else, we'll meet at the meet, haha.

Originally posted by stinkinrich View Post
            What Jorge said, bring more!

But thats a shit about hotel booking. When you say credits card aren't big in Germany, is that all bank cards in general such as Debit? I've stayed in Travelodges, Holiday Inns etc and always used a debit card.
            Haha! I originally asked around, but they're all pussies. "Ohhh no, I got work on monday and I don't want to take a day off" "Ohhh no, the UK, what if my car breaks down there" and so on.

Most widespread care here is the so called Girocard, from what I understand of the translations it is a form of debit card, tailored to the nationwide use, international use is being treated a bit as a red-headed step child and from what I know outside of Germany it only works with ATMs, but I might be wrong there. At least I haven't had any luck trying to pay with it in the Netherlands, so... *shrug*

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

So have you tried to book through Travelodge, Holiday Inn etc? Theyre the biggest and cheapest. Call them up and tell them your situation. Foreign people gotta stay on there holdiays some how.
              -SW|UK-
              Education - Knowledge - Power
              insta: @stinkinrich

Comment

Let me know if you struggle to find somewhere to stay, I'm 10 minutes from Slough so it's on route. I'll see if I can hook you up.

flickr
                Facebook
                Originally posted by driftsucky
                If that car was at a bar, I'd buy it a drink and try to seduce it. Then, we I got it home, I'd cook breakfast for it in the morning. After it told me it's sob story of falling on hard times, I'd offer to lend it a few quid(c wut i did thar) for rent money. I'd probably buy it's daughter a few outfits for school as well. Eventually, I'd take it to a family pic of mine and introduce it to everyone. We'd date for a while until a nice G35 came around and enticed me with the leather seats and navigation that I would never even use anyway. I'd end up breaking that tegs heart and it would walk on me. THAT'S how much I love this car.

Comment

Working...
                X