Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uk Mercedes Cosworth

hi all

been working on my 190e 16v for the past couple of years. done loads of bodywork and mechanical tweaks. had a short stint on bike carbs but now on 48dcoes.

stumbled accross performance VW a while back and saw a piece about a Stanceworks meet - since then I have totally transformed the car as I love the styling!

Here it is when I first picked it up:

Then there was a lot of this:

Then we got to here:

Then this:

Became this:

All back together and dropped on stock wheels:

Then some different wheels - staggererd AMG's:

Then found stanceworks and realised it needed further tweaking! Got it to here:

Better!

Then it came off the road as I had more brake/suspension mods planned:

But couldnt resist putting the wheels on to see what they looked like. Borbet B 17x7 ET30

So. Next round of engine/suspension:
    Rebuilt head:

Painted rocker to match wheels:

Got front suspension/brakes on:

Restored back end. Custom camber arms. Trick diff. Bigger rear disks/calipers:

Made a trigger wheel ready for megajolt:

Got it running on bike carbs and megajolt:

Vid:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XwV_Jt_ZsM&hl"]190e 2.5 16v Cosworth - Bike Carbs & EDIS - Running with Megajolt ECU! - YouTube[/ame]

Dabbled with graphics:

Had probs with brakes. Tried to build pedal box:

Gave up, bought one:

Decided to tuck/shave bay:

Got webers:

Took em apartt:

cleaned lots of stuff and threw it all back together:

took it all apart again, made it cleaner and finally got some splits and more tweaks to height/fitment:

done quite a bit under the bonnet overall:

Few vids of recent rolling road session. a mate of mine with a low loader took me to crawley to get her set up. short story is that everything went OK but it was well down on power against what i was expecting.

turns out my ghetto driveway tuning has given me bore wash and cooked the bottom end. compression test upon getting the car home showed 8 bar per cylinder compared to 12-13 bar it should be! a leak down test showed big leaks past the pistons/rings. however, i was very pleased with the power given that I am 50% down on compression! with almost 50% less compression, i had 180bhp and 190ft/lb torque. a new 'built' bottom end will be installed over the coming months. rolling road bloke reckons i should easily see around 225bhp when all done.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja6PNoQOn5s&feature=plcp"]Mercedes Cosworth on twin weber 48 DCOE's and MegaJolt - Rolling Road - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NAXFMt4TXY"]Mercedes Cosworth on twin weber 48 DCOE's and MegaJolt - Rolling Road Part 2 - YouTube[/ame]

bit of a downer as i was hoping to finally get it back on the road not have to pull the engine part for the umpteenth time!! but very excited about the end result once its all sorted.

i'll be able to drive it as-is for this year and then fit the new bottom end over xmas this year, just wont be as fast! sorry for the rubbish pics but its always in the garage!

just fine-tuning the brakes at the moment and hoping to get it MOT'd soon!

Amazing car!!!engine bay it epic
    yeeeee!!

Comment

What a diffrence you made on that bay! id love to do similar to my bmw but lack the skills or £££

Comment

Well, thats old skool merc perfection right there. Love it man.
        -SW|UK-
        Education - Knowledge - Power
        insta: @stinkinrich

Comment

Really love what you've done so far. This should be sweet.

Comment

Nice work. Love the Euro silver Cossies.

Originally posted by Longboarding_G
            you sir, win this battle.
            “Producing something of quality is obsessing over details nobody sees.”

Comment

It looks great, but the work you've done in the bay is truly epic! Nice work!
              025garage

Comment

Nicest 190 i've ever seen.

I had previously only ever seen pics of it up to the black borbets but the latest guise is literally, perfect.

Comment

Nice job on the engine bay, looks ace.
                  Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster
                  Internet high five for you.

Comment

Love it.

Comment

190e cosworth

Hi .Building a 190e Cosworth rally car.Could you please advise where to buy the bais brake pedal box and a low ratio c.w.p .
                      Many Thanks Steve.

Comment

i even like the stripe
                        Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

looks awesome !

really like the transformation

Comment

Working...
                          X