No announcement yet.

Noob from Warwickshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't forgotten about this guys and gals. Still waiting on the front spacers and extended bolts, there on back order. Wheels have been on for about 2 weeks, I will post pics next weekend when the spacers should be turning up. Thanks for the attention on the thread. All comments welcome...........keep ya eyes peeled

Comment

5/8mm spacers? Come on man, you need at least a 20mm on there to cut it.

Get the widest spacers you dare, then align it as you should be able to even out the camber at a maximum should you need it, which I doubt you will really.

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
        5/8mm spacers? Come on man, you need at least a 20mm on there to cut it.

Get the widest spacers you dare, then align it as you should be able to even out the camber at a maximum should you need it, which I doubt you will really.
        5mm were my initial thoughts but after some rough measuring and guess work, I've gone for 15mm on the back and 20mm on the front, front spacers should be turnin up this week. Then getting it aligned once there fitted. Cheers for the comment though mate

Comment

Well the front spacers turned up Thursday so after work they went straight on. Took some pictures of the car Friday afternoon. The weather wasnt great and the RC's look black. Enjoy

Picture quality isn't great but I'm sure you get the idea. As soon as the weather is better I will get some better pictures up............

All comments welcome whether they be good or bad

Comment

Well it's been a fair while since I updated this so here goes.

Wheels have been on for a while now and I've purchased more spacers since my last time posting here, I'm now running 25mm up front and 20's on the back. Had the car fully aligned so is riding a little better. Dropped the front another 15mm so is running pretty low now and equal, although the skirt is not level........ Anyway a few pictures

I also tried getting a slight close up of the wheels in the sun to show the colour, kinda worked

Comment

Glad you lowered the front more.

My opinion is that the wheels look a little lost under the arches, I think its the biggish tyres you're running? Are they Rc 041's all round? If you want to keep these wheels then get some 042's out back for the staggered stance, smaller tyre and wind her down some more.
              -SW|UK-
              Education - Knowledge - Power
              insta: @stinkinrich

Comment

Originally posted by stinkinrich View Post
                Glad you lowered the front more.

My opinion is that the wheels look a little lost under the arches, I think its the biggish tyres you're running? Are they Rc 041's all round? If you want to keep these wheels then get some 042's out back for the staggered stance, smaller tyre and wind her down some more.
                I don't want to run the rears any more spaced as I don't want them catching the arches and start rusting them up. Same as I don't perticually want to roll them either. I'm running 215/40's on the back and 205/40's on the front. Nah there RC041's out front and RC042's out back. Back won't go down anymore and the fronts about on its limit as the front catches quite a bit and I got beached on a speed bump not so long back, might buy some 30mm spacers for the front though

Cheers for the comments, all taken on board

Comment

Working...
                X