Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie here from Harrow, NW London

Hey guys, hows it going?

Joined Stance|Works last year but didn't really post. have read through a coupla build threads to get some inspiration.
    Hi there.
    Been a lurker on Stance|Works for a while and not really posted. My name is Anup and i'm from North London, UK. I used to own a 1989 VW Golf MK1 (rabbit) Cabriolet, which i had tweaked slightly:

Middle of last year I picked up an 1997 E36 convertible in Hellrot for the princely sum of £1500 (which is exactly how much i sold the Golf for) with only 45,000 on the clock

It was a very good base, and obviously had a few things that needing doing to it, but mechanically and cosmetically it was sound (with the exception of ride height and rims of course!)

This is what it looked like when i picked it up and got it home:

Over time, I spent a bit of money and time in doing little things to her (as budget permitted!) so started off an Alarm, and just giving her a good clean. I sat on ebay and sniped for seperate M3 parts (all genuine, but used!) and i managed to collectively get the front bumper, grilles, sides skirts, mirrors and trim for about £150. (my biggest bargain was the mirrors at £30!)

Then during the autumn/fall, I was able to spnd some of my project money on wheels and coilovers.

The Rims and coilies went straight on and the height was adjusted. I have been told to run like this for a while, and then if I want to drop it (which I think I do, by about 10mm at the front) then i can do so once the car has settled.

Mnaged to pick up a hard top for the "harsh" winter that the UK has to throw, although i haven't had time to paint this up (as winter hit quicker than i expected!!)

Well here she is in her glory, please excuse the autumn muck on her, haven't had time to wash and polish her since i got back from holidays late last week. and ignore the blue hard top...it was a bargain i got on Gumtree (like craigslist) for £250 and i'm just gonna get it resprayed in red next spring.

Plenty of wheel whoring pictures and how she currently sits:

The Booty Shot:

The Full Frontal:

General Whoring::

The Side Shot:

I also delensed the headlamps and Red CF'd the HID Shrouds behind the main lenses for that individual touch:

Also fitted LED angel eyes, which are wired into my Interior lights AND my ignition on, so they fade on and off with the unlock / lock and also stay on like DRL's when driving. Was going to wire them into my sidelights, but didn't want to have my rear lights on at the same time. These rings are bright (bright enough for me to drive on at night!) but in the dusk the front end of the car just looks immense!!:

The Paintwork on the car is actually in pretty good nick, and last month, i spend a few hours with the DA and wax and got a really nice finish on the car:

Like I said, another 8-10 mm on the front should do nicely. Interior isn't quite ready, have some things like M3 wheel, front storage net etc etc to go in and i also have the chrome exhaust trim to put on as well.

I also managed to pick up a set of black Vaders in pretty good condition (again an ebay bargain at £205) and these are currently being cleaned and treated before i drop them in. Here is a pic of how they looked after a quick wipe down after i collected them:

Over to you guys....any comments?
    Great forum you guys have got going on here!

Thanks
    Last edited by s4nup; 01-25-2012, 05:35 PM.

Welcome back, they are some nice looking rides the e36 looks clean looks like it could do with some spacers allround tho
    Live,Breathe,Build,Believe,BMW!

Comment

Working...
    X