No announcement yet.

Cannons 3rd Attempt: Low'N'Load rx7 fc3s Vert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here are a few of the rolling shots.. Massive thanks to Charlie Fletcher of Charlie Fletcher Photography

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Or follow on twatter https://twitter.com/#!/_charliefletch

Comment

Pfttt who has Twitter, its rubbish

And I'm loving the photo's, I want one now

Comment

so today I set out to remove the front suspension strut on the drivers side to sort the random camber out,

Squiffy came over to give me a hand as im a noob with suspension and after a little playing and spinning the top mount 180 degree ... its almost identical.. hahahah.. FAIL!

so we decided today was the day to get the s13 pre facelift splitter on..

I went out the back and with the old hot tub cover made a little spray booth...

Primed

and then Satin Blacked (left over from my old Racing Hart cp035r's, the chequered wheels i had on the 14a)

the car was already up on the ramp so we got under it, removed the old black splitter/underlining (i genuinely thought it was part of the bumper, didnt realise it was removeable)

and then lined up the splitter.. unfortunately the drills were all flat.. all 3 of them.. so had to roll the car to the other side of the road to get the extension cord to reach for the b+q 12quid corded drill

and then got it on using original mounting points and some washers.. so its pretty solid on there,
        since taking the pics I have satin blacked the bolts as well - no cable ties used... YET! lol

and then it got dark and i couldnt get any good pics - all these were taken with my phone

Comment

Ok so actually got some pics that are a little clearer

and yes that other car is a datsun and it is running an sr20det and it is awesome... as I know someone will ask me what it is... hahaha - heres a pic

Comment

so clutch went, wouldnt let me select any gears when engine running, and pedal is super fluffy, so not a great start to my monday..

but a bit of an update, Bought a new slave and master cylinder as they are both no longer made by mazda and they are useful to have now

AND was towing the car to re:worx and there was a clonk and then it was able to get into 2nd and 3rd, and then slowly the clutch pedal stiffened up, and it was able to select all gears again?????

however didnt want to risk driving it back home so have left it there for now and will speak to them tomorrow to find out what the deal was.. cant hurt for them to have a look anyway

Comment

so update -
              got the car back from re:worx all fixed and running great with the new master cylinder and slve cylinder

went to give it a drive after returning from a little run to the shops and thought - hmmm that looks familiar

so called in on facebook for anyone with silicone hoses and Jim answered the call (with Delilah the sexy datsun)

so moved the stock toyo intercooler out the way and got to work removing the old hose and fitting a sexy SR20det hose onto the coolant connection on the side of the engine block.

some would say that hose had had it...

so new Samco hose fitted and all boost pipes sorted out and checked - as there were alot of loose jubilee clips for some reason... ???? wierd

my only issue at the moment is there seems to be a little of a wobble from the front wheel at about 50+ mph i think its from where we have spun the top mount around on the coily to try and sort that camber issue out? I am wondering if spinning it back will stop this?

trying to now source some drive shaft seals as blueprint dont make them I think it is main dealer only - so i can replace them when I fit the welded diff

Comment

Few pics from last night after a bit of a cheeky clean and a little more low

Comment

Working...
                X