This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fucking mechanics

I rang to find out some servicing prices and along with other fluid changes they told me a diff oil change would be 5-10 quid. I was thinking fuck yeah thats cheaper than I can get the oil for so book me in for that. Transfer to the receptionist and she tells me no it's not even 10 its 25 + vat. I said well the mechanic just gave me that price. She said no (sounded like a fucking grumpy whore who wouldn't even check what kind of oil they used coz 'it's on the other computer'). I thought what the hell that's about what I would pay for the oil so book me in anyway. Drop the car off this morning and the mechanic says, I'll check the database for the oil and give you a call with the price. WTF? I said I already had a price and it's double what I was first given... He calls me a bit later and says 69.80. How the fuck are they so amature that they give me 3 prices, each over double than the last?

Comment

• Hahaha, what the fuck. Do you ever have luck with garages? I think its time to just get your hands dirty.

Comment

• I know right.

Doing everything this weekend. The only reason I even contemplated going to them was to keep my service history up to date but a full service from them can get fucked, 250 ish which by the way they worked would have ended up more like 500. May just get a shop service each year to keep the record current as I've change everything every 3000 ish in the past.

The diff oil change was decent until the last price but man can they couldn't be more fucktard if they tried. I bought high quality gear oil for less than 20 and it's a 10min job

Comment

• I keep the oil changes in the book by going to National tyres. Usually costs £5-10 more than the oil itself. Which includes disposal, and stops me getting dirty hands.

Comment

• Probably because you're a foreigner. Damn racists.
            -SW|UK-
            Education - Knowledge - Power
            insta: @stinkinrich

Comment

• thought it, but didn't want to say it.

Comment

• Yeah I'll do that once a year for the book I think. Hey can you sticky that 'dumb shit questions' thread

Comment

• fuck yeah UK in not even a week

Comment

• Jealous!

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

• Do you live near Bas?

and check this out, lolol,

Comment

• any Tips on the Route you took last year ?? I dont want to pay Toll in France...

Comment

• I drove late at night and took the ferry in Dunkirk... so just about 50km into france. Didn't bother paying toll (not that i needed to, to my knowledge) or getting an alco test thingie cause it was late at night and just 50kms

Comment

• That Alcohol thingie is lifted
                            I'm just thinking about taking going thru france its way faster from here...

had a little party yesterday...we somehow ended up being 15 people waiting at 5.30 am for the grocery store to open

Comment

• I was asked by the owner to remove the photograph, who happens to be the girls partner.

To save the trouble I removed it.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadMax View Post
                                had a little party yesterday...we somehow ended up being 15 people waiting at 5.30 am for the grocery store to open

And G: That made me facepalm.

Comment

Working...
                                X