• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if ur set on a 3.0 then search longer

insurance on the 7 bas?

y u think i stick to my 2.0
    Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• My Insurance is astronomical but I think it would be even higher when I would have Golf...

Comment

• No, not the 7. On the 3.

I don't know how the insurance system works in Belgium or the UK, but over here in Germany it's like this.

You have 3 stages of insurance: 1. Basic - covering all the damage you do to other cars or such in an accident caused by you. 2. Partial coverage - Additionally also covers theft, hail damage, windshield replacement cause of damage and such. 3. Full coverage - covers any kind of damage to your car.

Apart from that it's also judged on how many years you've been driving without an accident.

I pay roughly ~725€ / year for basic coverage for the 7. With partial coverage it would be roughly 1300€ / year.

The 3 is only going to be registered from April to September, so 6 months. The quote my insurance sent me is 360€ basic for the 6 months or 900€ partial coverage for the 6 months. I expected it to be a bit more expensive than normal because it'll be registered as a second car and only seasonal use. But this...

In comparison, I paid 800€ for the WHOLE year with partial coverage last year on the Touring. And since then I've gone down a class for another year without an accident

Btw. Pas, wheels? My dad's bugging me bout them

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

• I like my insurance 1.4 8v

Comment

• Luckily insurance here is not determined by displacement, haha.

But rather by how often a car type crashes / needs to use the insurance. Polos and Golfs for example are on the expensive side because of that, because many young people use one as their first car.

X5s and other high end cars are also high because of high theft ratios.

Comment

• We have Fully Comp, which covers you and other car, Third Party, which is just the other car, or Third Party Fire and Theft, which explains itself.

I find it cheaper to be FC sometimes. All my cars are FC actually, and pay ~£700 on them both, with an accident and 3 points to my name.

Comment

• i'll pick them up this weekend or monday, promise!!

my gti is insured for 18K€ i get paid out, for almost everything, except when i crash it myself, (so animals, floods, torrential weather) and i'm paying 800€ a year, i'm in scale 5 (0 being the best, after 1 accident in 15 years, each year you drop 1 point, 1 accident increase by 4, cuz i was an 18 year old male liable driver i had to start up high tho )
                Last edited by P78; 03-26-2013, 03:46 PM.

Comment

• That is a cool system on points. I don't get how their system here works. Postcode the lot fucks it up. Cheaper to park on a driveway than a garage sometimes too. Do job titles make much of a differenct

Comment

• i've seen that on TG, when they are buying pos for their cruises

that is straight ridiculous

Comment

• Originally posted by P78 View Post
                      i'll pick them up this weekend or monday, promise!!
                      Sounds great!

Won't be here on friday till saturday afternoon. Apart from that any time is fine.

Comment

• George you played with one of these? (you a canon owner?)

Comment

• No I have not, was just talking to a friend tonight about them though. Said something about Autofocus issues.

Comment

• Autofocus is for pussies.

Comment

• May have a deal on a good set of Style 37s with useable summer tires... wish me luck.

Comment

• Meant to be pretty impressive. I think Scott has one.

Comment

Working...
                                X