Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice photos George!. Mine nearly done now. Just Top Gear keeps distracting me.
    And something in the summer would be good!. Hopefully won't rain and be warmer!

Comment

• Nice pics and great turnout.can see what atrocious parking does upsetting the plod though.

Comment

• Originally posted by P78 View Post
        should he have somehting koln related then?

note to self, find a wob gti plate
        I live in a town near Bergheim and Bergheim handles all car registrations in the immediate area. We get "BM" as plates because of this. Köln, even though it's only half an hour away, is already a different registration area. They get "K" for example. Same with Düsseldorf, they get "D". Munich gets "M". Hamburg gets "HH" for Hansestadt Hamburg. Just to name a few.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

• http://www.facebook.com/HarveyFulfordPhotography GOT A FEW PICS UP HERE. (shouting voices in head)

Comment

• i guess it made more sense to say near cologne then near bergheim

i only just see now that your touring also has the bmw license plate

harvey could you send me your profile pic (black and white t2 flatbed) from the fb account in a higher res for my desktop?
            Last edited by P78; 03-18-2013, 04:35 PM.
            Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• looks like a great turn up

what car had the white RF and aston martin bbk's?

Comment

• Originally posted by P78 View Post
                i guess it made more sense to say near cologne then near bergheim

i only just see now that your touring also has the bmw license plate

harvey could you send me your profile pic (black and white t2 flatbed) from the fb account in a higher res for my desktop?
                I would if i could aha, i dont have the high res version of it with me at Uni, only at home.

But i'll send it once i'm back on friday (may have to remind me aha)

I miss that truck.

Comment

• it was yours?

oh dang what don't you have it no more?

Comment

• Aha, yeah new owner is now flaunting it and lowering it further, so its alright. (i'll always know its mine, he's got second hand ideas) Haha.

I sold it so i could buy my dream (early 911).

This summer will be nice.

Comment

• Evenin' ladies.

Keen for coming down to a summer meet!

Comment

• Meet sounds memorable.

I feel a bit gay for not going but I'll save my efforts for the summer when the po are busy with riots.

I've just had my mind blown. My dad asked me to go to some vintage club meeting at this workshop about 10 mins from where I live. I thought it would just be a guy with a couple of old cars and some interesting stories so with nothing better planned I went.
                        I was wrong. This guy is a genius.

He spent his entire early life devoted to music, singing and playing piano. Went to uni to study music. Did that for a while then decided he wanted to start his own classic sports/race car workshop and proceeded to teach himself engineering skill beyond what normal people would even imagine.

He was 'looking after' an old Lister jaguar d type for a customer and while he had it he documented EVERYTHING on the car. taking photos and hand drawing every single part of the chassis. He is now building, from scratch, 6 exact replicas chassis'. When I say exact I mean exact. The originals were arc welded so he is TIG welding everything then going back over with arc to make the welds look identical to the original. The lengths he is going to is ridiculous.

He is making absolutely everything on them from scratch apart from the engine, wheels and dampers. Some parts of the gearbox are being made by others but he made the original parts from which they can copy.

HE MAKES THE FUCKING CARBS FROM SCRATCH!

I am in awe of this man.

What he showed us was just the tip of the ice burg. That's just what he's doing currently. On top of this he also sings for the BBC when they need him and has a stone cold fox for a wife.

Comment

• Pictures or it didn't happen!!.

Sounds pretty awesome!

Comment

• Good morning

Comment

• Jorge, y u beat me to banning spam....
                              Originally posted by anth
                              Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jorge View Post
                                Good morning

Comment

Working...
                                X