This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think we have a result.

Two meets, same day, same location, same kind of crowds, different times.

11-2 : StanceWorks
    3-onwards : Rollin' on Steelies

Comment

• i've always thought steelies were quite cool if thats the look you want. The only thing which puts me off them is they seem to cost about the same as half decent alloys

Also, everyone seems to be getting e36s. I have a set of OZ cygnus wheels which I might as well sell cos I don't think I can go low enough to pull them off.
      They suffered from poor packaging during postage to me in the summer and I never got around to getting them sorted. The powder coat has chipped off in some places around the lip but the rest is fine.

Not sure if they could get away with just a sand smooth and some paint or if a full refurb is needed. Anyway just a feeler...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jack25 View Post
        i've always thought steelies were quite cool if thats the look you want. The only thing which puts me off them is they seem to cost about the same as half decent alloys

This is always my thoughts, I paid £350 for my gottis. okay it took me 8 months to find a set., i know for a fact banded steels go for more than that & the difference is night and day.

It's not a one off as well, i won a set of 15" gottis for £255 on ebay a few months back
        Build Thread:Bagged Integra Type R DC2.

Comment

• Seeimg those Cygnus reminds me that I was outbid on a set of 3pc Cygnus a few months ago... 8.5x17 Et 13 as well Wouldve been pretty rad just for kicks

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
            Seeimg those Cygnus reminds me that I was outbid on a set of 3pc Cygnus a few months ago... 8.5x17 Et 13 as well Wouldve been pretty rad just for kicks
            I think I bid on that set too, same dude has some Kellner Double Ks wich I nearly bough off him then...

Comment

• I really need a 2002 project in my life, i **** living in a stupid flat. no space for anything!
              Build Thread:Bagged Integra Type R DC2.

Comment

• Originally posted by ajk View Post
                I really need a 2002 project in my life, i **** living in a stupid flat. no space for anything!
                Having space for more than one car is pretty much the only reason I still live at home

Comment

• I want some 3 spokes. And double Ks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jack25 View Post
                    Having space for more than one car is pretty much the only reason I still live at home
                    This

Esp now that I quit that garage and got the Touring back home... good thing about that is now I see it everytime I get in the 5 and am reminded of how awesome it looks, haha.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

• The fans of RoS sound like a bunch of bellends.

Comment

• Originally posted by Minuki View Post
                        The fans of RoS sound like a bunch of bellends.
                        cant blame them.

Comment

• Why would you want to go to and look at a bunch of cars on steel wheels?

Comment

• my point exactly.

personally speaking steels are great for being used as cheap winter wheels (my brabus wheels are incredibly susceptible to corrosion)

Comment

• Some cars do look nice though on steels. some cars do not. Standard wheels with the hub caps removed do not look cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jorge View Post
                                Some cars do look nice though on steels. some cars do not. Standard wheels with the hub caps removed do not look cool.
                                classic mercs and rat rods. neither of which would be in attendance i'm guessing.

also what coils did you use on your e46 George?

Thinking if it's worth just slapping springs on and saving for air or coils until I get air.

Comment

Working...
                                X