X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah easy.

Get coils

Front: Undo one bolt to hold the bottom of the strut, three on the top mount remove strut, install coilover top mount/camber plate, jack up lca and slide the mount onto coilover, better to get shortened end links for the sway bar while you're at it

Rear: Is a cunt to get to the top mount for the shock. You have to remove all the interior side trims from the boot to the rear seat and cut a slit in the soundproofing to get to the bolt, you won't see it once the trims are back on. Undo bottom shock bolt, pull spring (may need spring compressors or just chop them if you don't want them in future), undo shock top mount, install new spring and adjuster, install new shock top mount then bottom lca bolt and DONE

Comment

• Originally posted by Anonymoose View Post
      Yeah easy.
      Rear: Is a cunt to get to the top mount for the shock. You have to remove all the interior side trims from the boot to the rear seat and cut a slit in the soundproofing to get to the bolt, you won't see it once the trims are back on.
      This is why im not looking forward to doing the e39..looks a fucker
      -SW|UK-
      Education - Knowledge - Power
      insta: @stinkinrich

Comment

• Yeah, I heard that the rear is a bit of a pain in the ass. Is the E39 the same, yeah?

Comment

• It's a fiddly fucker that's for sure but pretty much standard on most cars and easy once you get going, I had to do it even on my silvia :/
          Last edited by Anonymoose; 10-26-2012, 07:37 AM.

Comment

• Remove rear seats completely, c-pillar interior panels, rear parcel shelf and speakers and then sound deadening. JOY.
            -SW|UK-

Comment

• Just cut a big hole through everything permaaccess

Comment

• Originally posted by stinkinrich View Post
                Remove rear seats completely, c-pillar interior panels, rear parcel shelf and speakers and then sound deadening. JOY.
                Have fun with that

Comment

• i like the kiwi way better rich
                  Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• lololol
                    -SW|UK-

Comment

• Actually thinking about it more it's a real good idea. You know the little compartment door things, get one of them from a breakers for each side cut a hole and bam you have access and if you're not rough it'll look chur aswell

Comment

• Originally posted by Anonymoose View Post
                        Actually thinking about it more it's a real good idea. You know the little compartment door things, get one of them from a breakers for each side cut a hole and bam you have access and if you're not rough it'll look chur aswell
                        It would save you a shit load of hassle!

Comment

• Well...I put the wee Mini up for sale earlier

Comment

• Sup.

Pas, i had Belgian beer last night, amongst decent amounts of jaeger and tequila. Was pretty good, imho. Grimbergen or somesuch.

Oh, and probly new car time soon
                            Probably picking up a niiiiice E34 525i 24v as a daily next weekend or so. Black, freshly TÜVed, leather, a/c, sunroof, park distance thingies, no rust apart from a small spot on the trunk. For 800€. Whoooop!

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
                              Sup.

Pas, i had Belgian beer last night, amongst decent amounts of jaeger and tequila. Was pretty good, imho. Grimbergen or somesuch.
                              I had some german Beer last night. Was pretty good too !

and we had snow here yesterday.

Comment

• I'm definitely picking up that E34.

So stoked!

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

Working...
                                X