X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That sucks about the BBSs

Comment

• Originally posted by Stance_cl View Post
      Finally got my tyres mounted on my BBS to find two of them are fecking leaking! . Now i have to get them off silicon the crap out of the lip to barrel join and get the fitted again
      Defo leaking from inside? Have you laid the wheel on its back and poured water over the bolts to see if its leaking from there? Bolts might need nipping up, try that anyway
      -SW|UK-
      Education - Knowledge - Power
      insta: @stinkinrich

Comment

• Anyone here work at a bodyshop, I need a hand.

To cut a longish story short. just wondering if you can help us.

I need to get 3 quotes for my insurance company, to get the chips that the storage yard put in on my bonnet on the E24.

I need to to quote for the entire bonnet to be repsrayed in BMW Henna Red.

I don't need the work to be carried out, it is to get some money back (but I will need some spraying on the new one when that arrives in a couple of weeks).

Any chance anyone could fire me over a quote or something by email to georgepritchard@gmail.com please? The more it costs the better, so long as it isn't a piss take.

Comment

• Just go to a dealer and get them to quote it for maximum refunds!

Comment

• Yeah i need 3 quotes, a couple of my mates have got back to me. One says £350 or £490 blended or 390/450, I forget.

Comment

• Just call some up?
              -SW|UK-

Comment

• I will do after this 'revision', final exam tomorrow and I'm off for just over a week

Comment

• I followed the leak and found it coming from the bolt sections but assumed it would be because there might be a gap along the lip? If the lip was totally sealed could air still escape from the bolt sections?

I take it i need a specific tool to do the bolts up?

[ noOnefresher | Project-G ]

Comment

• Yeah theres a BBS/oz tool you need, you can get em cheap on ebay now though I think.

If it is j ust the one or two bolts, maybe just risk it with some molegrips and a cloth?

Comment

• Cool, i'l pump them back up and throw them in the bath or something lol, that way i should be able to trace the leak down to one point. Hopefully i can just nip a bolt or two up and not have to un mount any tyres!

Comment

• Tightening the bolts up is going to close the gap around the bolts and tighten the seal between lip/centre/barrel so youve got nothing to lose really. What splits are they? Who re-built them? Did they have the right tools?
                        -SW|UK-

Comment

• they're bbs RSs Rich, take a look in his build thread.

Comment

• Rm's... so there only two piece over RS's three piece construction.

They where built in Germany from this guy:

I'l get on looking at the bolts as i might aswell start with the free things first

Comment

• Two pieces? is it face/barrel as one then?

Comment

• Yup, then you just bolt the lips straight to the barrel.

Comment

Working...
                                X